The Funny Picture/Video Thread, 15th Edition: Be more like Coleman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are we talking top speed here?
    How many corners on most highways can you take at top speed on street tires?

I was leaving the Detroit Gran Prix one time and was unfamiliar with the roads. I accidentally got out over my skis getting onto the Lodge from where I was, which turned out to be a single lane narrow entrance ramp with a strongly decreasing radius corner surrounded by raised curbing on both sides - no shoulder. I was hustling in my turbo Eclipse and rubbed right up against the top edge of 8/10ths unintentionally. I was one wrong move from at best wrecking the car and at worst rolling the twenty or so feet of vertical down to the Lodge at perhaps 75 mph

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    How many corners on most highways can you take at top speed on street tires?

I was leaving the Detroit Gran Prix one time and was unfamiliar with the roads. I accidentally got out over my skis getting onto the Lodge from where I was, which turned out to be a single lane narrow entrance ramp with a strongly decreasing radius corner surrounded by raised curbing on both sides - no shoulder. I was hustling in my turbo Eclipse and rubbed right up against the top edge of 8/10ths unintentionally. I was one wrong move from at best wrecking the car and at worst rolling the twenty or so feet of vertical down to the Lodge at perhaps 75 mph
    Speed kills. Autobahn is famous for people not realizing just how fast they're still going when they hit the exit ramp. Spectacular rollovers are the result. Not being in a hurry as I approach 65 is a blessing.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Speed kills. Autobahn is famous for people not realizing just how fast they're still going when they hit the exit ramp. Spectacular rollovers are the result. Not being in a hurry as I approach 65 is a blessing.
    And tanks. Don’t forget tanks.

The underlying purpose of the autobahns were to provide military transportation, first for the Wehrmacht, and then for NATO.

When I was there, some lady blasting along in a BMW hit a US M1 Abrams that was in convoy with other tanks and vehicles on the Autobahn. It completely dismantled her vehicle and ruined her day fatally. I’m guessing they repaired the Abrams with spray paint.

Having said that, the fastest I’ve ever driven in my life was on the autobahn and the odometer pegged at 156 mph. I ended up in a mini convoy with a Porsche and a BMW in front and back of me in the left lane. Also fastest I’ve ever seen a gas gauge needle move.

p.s. Having said that, the Germans were very good drivers, very quick and very precise. It was difficult for German citizen to get a drivers license in Germany, their academic course and driving tests were serious events and it was not uncommon
    for people to have to try more than once.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom