• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    yup. i personally know people that recieve ssi because they have a "social disease"...drug addictions. also people who recieve it for the children whose parent never/barely worked but was killed/incarcerated committing crimes.

i know someone who complains about the amount of ssi. he hadn't worked for more than a few months at a time in the 30 years before he was approved. i told him i have to work an extra 10 hrs a week so he can get his money and still pay all my bills.

he says he's bored. i told him to get a part job. he got mad at me.

It seems to me, a lot of programs start off with "good intentions".
    But then they balloon. And people become dependent.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    yup. i personally know people that recieve ssi because they have a "social disease"...drug addictions. also people who recieve it for the children whose parent never/barely worked but was killed/incarcerated committing crimes.

i know someone who complains about the amount of ssi. he hadn't worked for more than a few months at a time in the 30 years before he was approved. i told him i have to work an extra 10 hrs a week so he can get his money and still pay all my bills.

he says he's bored. i told him to get a part job. he got mad at me.
    Again....wasting your breath.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I know of a person who got on SSI disability because his breakfast consisted of 4 fingers BLV, and 3 16oz Buds. The idiot could barely walk. A complete waste of ozygen.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    he myateriously stopped getting sick after i stopped paying her to quarantine.
    Funny how having no money cures most sickness.

We have a guy at work that misses a day a week, every week. The problem is, he’s really skilled, so in a trade it’s hard to find someone to replace a skilled worker, especially now.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Funny how having no money cures most sickness.

We have a guy at work that misses a day a week, every week. The problem is, he’s really skilled, so in a trade it’s hard to find someone to replace a skilled worker, especially now.
    one of the two "just enoughs" was like that. my boss was willing to allow her to develop her absentee spree. he felt like she was too valuable too discipline. she would threaten to quit if she didnt get her way.

she was mad at me one day and walked out in the middle of the shift. i did her resignation/term paperwork and filed it. then told my boss. he was a little miffed at me.

after a month he realized exactly how little she contributed to the effort.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Many studies have been done that shows unemployed tend to find jobs (that’s 3 letters J. O. B. S., but that’s for another forum) about 2 weeks before their unemployment runs out.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    one of the two "just enoughs" was like that. my boss was willing to allow her to develop her absentee spree. he felt like she was too valuable too discipline. she would threaten to quit if she didnt get her way.

she was mad at me one day and walked out in the middle of the shift. i did her resignation/term paperwork and filed it. then told my boss. he was a little miffed at me.

after a month he realized exactly how little she contributed to the effort.
    That’s exactly what this guy does. Gets mad and leaves mid day, won’t come in a day a week, always outside smoking. But we can’t find anyone, our pay is actually really good, good benefits, awesome owners, but nobody even applies anymore. The few we have gotten are absolutely lazy, or have no ambition.

Hired a 22 year old with a kid on the way. Started 3 weeks ago, missed 3 days so far and left early today. Can’t put his phone down. Think Friday is his last, but hard to lose any manpower if you’re already unable to withstand the work load.

I knew he was full of **** when he said he has a glock 18 with $5000 worth of upgrades, and tried telling me how ghetto he is and the hoods he grew up in.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I knew he was full of **** when he said he has a glock 18 with $5000 worth of upgrades, and tried telling me how ghetto he is and the hoods he grew up in
    i'm always amazed when these kids start bragging about how ghetto they are. my just enough was always on about how hard her son is. he shot himself twice, set himself on fire, and was beaten senseless by a crackhead.

i told her he needs to find a job or just hide in the closet..he was more of a danger to himself than he would ever be to anyone else

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Many studies have been done that shows unemployed tend to find jobs (that’s 3 letters J. O. B. S., but that’s for another forum) about 2 weeks before their unemployment runs out.
    That is accurate, back in the 1980's I was laid off from my manufacturing job and qualified for extended benefits because of the trade readjustment act. There were few jobs available and most of them were not good paying or desireable jobs. I had a family to feed and took several jobs I knew I didn't want because I would be working. But a lot of the people laid off from the same place never seriously looked for work untill their benifits were about to run out. Jim.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Bingo.

SS would be solvent if they kept their fingers out of that pie but people are not to be trusted when that level of money is available to be stolen.
    What really ticks me off is when I hear about SS going broke, something I paid into for 50 years. Never have I heard about welfare going broke somehow that money is always there. Jim.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    They have always said, over the decades, that Social Security would be able to pay 70 to 75% of scheduled benefits through the Baby Boomer bump, so I modeled my retirement using 70% of benefits

With the push to pay everybody without a job, who knows? It seems like they've been working to convince the young people that it would include nothing for them so as to decrease support for it enough that they can drastically change it so the money for it can go to UBI instead, and the money for Medicare shunted to whatever Obamacare morphs into

I'm uninterested in carrying that many deadbeats, but if todays youth can be convinced to take a smaller payoff today because it will all crash anyway then the drop in support by the electorate will make that a self-fulfilling prophesy

Being short-sighted is how they got into the mess they're in, and blaming previous generations is how they shirk responsibility for their own actions

Top Bottom