THE CZickness XLVIII....."The Holidays are Coming" edition...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    On my 2nd geothermal water furnace. Love the low electric bill, the almost free hot water, and almost no need for maintenance. Been good to me.
    I'm no expert but I have a lot of interaction with homeowners (and I am on the internet which, on second thought, does make me an expert) and Water Furnace seems to be one of the brands that has a solid track record, especially with the newer generations of units. WF is headquartered right here in good ol' southern Canada aka Fort Wayne.

My observation is that a lot of the systems made in the ~80s/90s-ish era never saw the expected longevity though the newer units seem to be meeting expectations.

Last edited:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Strange, that's some of the best farm ground in the state.

They really should build those things in the desert somewhere, sunny skies.
    They gave the farmers a deal they couldn’t pass up. Mammoth Solar is only leasing the 4500 ac of land for a specific amount of time and paying a large amount for it. I know that Starke County Government is getting 1 million plus a year from them.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    They gave the farmers a deal they couldn’t pass up. Mammoth Solar is only leasing the 4500 ac of land for a specific amount of time and paying a large amount for it. I know that Starke County Government is getting 1 million plus a year from them.
    We looked into a small solar farm on some acreage we had in New York in 2018/19. The offered lease rate over 50 years was astronomical for what had become (by local flood buffers regulations but that is another story) unbuildable ground.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Strange, that's some of the best farm ground in the state.

They really should build those things in the desert somewhere, sunny skies.
    Might be that the farmers are looking at this as a chance to let the land fallow while making some serious money. I'd worry about soil compaction during installation and maintenance though.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I'm no expert but I have a lot of interaction with homeowners (and I am on the internet which, on second thought, does make me an expert) and Water Furnace seems to be one of the brands that has a solid track record, especially with the newer generations of units. WF is headquartered right here in good ol' southern Canada aka Fort Wayne.

My observation is that a lot of the systems made in the ~80s/90s-ish era never saw the expected longevity though the newer units seem to be meeting expectations.
    Closed Loops seem to do better with out having new, mineral rich water to deal with

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Evening folks. Been busy. Life. Family. Enjoyment.

Mama is making me do a photography challenge with her this month, whilst getting my needed shots in tonight, I looked up and saw the moon. Then this happened as I was focusing.

View attachment 234661
    A hair on the lense?

I’m pretty good at taking pictures of my fingers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom