The CZickness XLVII....We march forward, my friends.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Picked up my new Aero Precision M5 AR308 yesterday. Cleaned the factory preservative out of the barrel tonight and removed the handguard to replace the birdcage flash hider with a Rugged suppressor mount/brake. Got it all finished up and had everything in my hands to carry back upstairs when I noticed I had eff'ed up and put a 3 pronged suppressor mount on. Oh well, I called it good practice and put the brake on.
    Dueling M5 AR308's ? I've test-fired my 20" barrel .308 factory Aero, but haven't got it sighted-in yet ! ;)

i-JxLWqf6-L.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Found a local hiking club doing some weekday hikes at Eagle Creek. Think I'll had out there later this morning to try it out. I need more time in the woods.
    We went on a nice little hike a few weeks back. It was enjoyable. We come across the ACRES land trust organization and their trails, we were given a book with them all in it awhile back and finally looked at it. Ended up being a trail right down the road from our house a few miles outside town. I think the group is mainly in this part of the state as well as some of Ohio and Michigan.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    We went on a nice little hike a few weeks back. It was enjoyable. We come across the ACRES land trust organization and their trails, we were given a book with them all in it awhile back and finally looked at it. Ended up being a trail right down the road from our house a few miles outside town. I think the group is mainly in this part of the state as well as some of Ohio and Michigan.
    ACRES is a fantastic organization.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ACRES is a fantastic organization.

I hadn’t really looked into them yet to know if they were or not. We enjoyed the trail we used and intend on hitting all in the area.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I hadn’t really looked into them yet to know if they were or not. We enjoyed the trail we used and intend on hitting all in the area.
    One just around the corner from my house. Back when I wasn't "out-of-shape", I used to run to and through it. Its a short trail though - so is the other one in Huntington. Couple nice ones in Wabash County. Salamonie Reservoir has some great trails. Been awhile since I've ran them so don't know status.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Unsure at this point. Gonna drag it out where we can get at it tomorrow. I know they used a fiber composite gear on it somewhere that is unobtanium and will down it permanently if it is what broke.

Where I used to work we had pumps that had those fiber micarta composite gears in them, typically small spur gears driving a larger metal one. There was a gear place in Indy that would custom make one if you gave them the old one that had been broken. Can't remember the name of the company, but it was a substantial business, not a mom and pop. It was rare to have them break.

Try State Gear on Raymond, it took a while for me to bring that one back from 40 years ago.;)

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The price has come down a bit...

CZ question for ya’all…
    Casually looking for my first CZ, and I really want red dots on my guns from here on out, so would it be some kind of sin in the CZ world to have a slide milled on a gun like this, or a similar classic one?

Just kind of wondering what to look for, and don’t want to damage or depreciate something.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CZ question for ya’all…
    Casually looking for my first CZ, and I really want red dots on my guns from here on out, so would it be some kind of sin in the CZ world to have a slide milled on a gun like this, or a similar classic one?

Just kind of wondering what to look for, and don’t want to damage or depreciate something.
    My personal opinion, it’s a tool. If that’s what you want, do it. Odds are you’re not the only one so the chances of you being able to resell later are high and that will be looked at as plus by some. Make it work for you and what you want. No use in saving it for the next guy.

There will always be exceptions to that rule, I wouldn’t have the slide cut on a WWII 1911… but that said, if I came across one of those that someone did some period modifications to back in the 60s or 70s for competition shooting, that would be way cool!

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    View attachment 225711

Sweated through my clothes to kill 3 squirrels tonight with a Cz. A good evening for me. Not so much for the squirrels.

They do make a fine squirrel-getter! I've grown partial to the 17 hm2 variety for squirrels.

ps.: fine choice in scope also. What model is that one?

CZ!!

IMG_1587.jpg

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    We've decided to come earlier (maybe 12:30) so that I don't miss visiting with my CZ'icko gangsters !
    Well.....working this weekend.....ugh!!! Seems like less of the overtime sucks I work with are eager beavers anymore.....used to get a month off between working weekends.....more guys on sick leave, one district not covering their turf, wife wants that bonus to be big at the end of the year.....so high ho, high ho, it's off to work I go.....

hope the weather at CM's memorial is great and the gathering is stellar!!!!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Where I used to work we had pumps that had those fiber micarta composite gears in them, typically small spur gears driving a larger metal one. There was a gear place in Indy that would custom make one if you gave them the old one that had been broken. Can't remember the name of the company, but it was a substantial business, not a mom and pop. It was rare to have them break.

Try State Gear on Raymond, it took a while for me to bring that one back from 40 years ago.;)
    Talked to them today. Looking at $1000 possibly for a one off gear. Other options for phenolic fiber gears showing up on the web look promising. . Now to take this pig apart..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom