THE CZickness XLIX....Tackling 2023 with CZ style...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Evening gents. I apologize in advance for being a bit distant lately. Been a very full life, but as such for us all. I'm no exception. If any snackrifices are made, make them for my dad. He could use a few extra.

With deep regret and a heavy heart, we laid to rest my grandfather last week. Insult to injury, Kaiser, my dad's oldest GSD and father to my eldest GSD Lexington, passed this morning exactly 1 week later. My MIL was recently given a dire prognosis and the Pickle Lady is less than crispy spirits.

Grab your loved ones, embrace them, and smile. For you, for them, for all of us. I'm thankful to be here to share this with you all.

This Bud's for us.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Evening gents. I apologize in advance for being a bit distant lately. Been a very full life, but as such for us all. I'm no exception. If any snackrifices are made, make them for my dad. He could use a few extra.

With deep regret and a heavy heart, we laid to rest my grandfather last week. Insult to injury, Kaiser, my dad's oldest GSD and father to my eldest GSD Lexington, passed this morning exactly 1 week later. My MIL was recently given a dire prognosis and the Pickle Lady is less than crispy spirits.

Grab your loved ones, embrace them, and smile. For you, for them, for all of us. I'm thankful to be here to share this with you all.

This Bud's for us.
    Dang, RR. I'm terribly sorry to hear all of this. I will be praying for you and family.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

This Bud's for us.
    I'm really sorry to hear of these things going on in your world. You are absolutely right about giving those you love a hug and any time you can because we are only guaranteed this moment. Anything beyond that is a hope and promise but not a guarantee

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    What magazines fit the Shield Plus that are over 13 rounds? Given those, an optic ready Shield Plus would be interesting to me
    The equalizer mags, I believe?
    Ah, I see you answered your own question.
    Link below is not intended to be cheapest, etc, just first link I found easily that mentioned the compat.

Last edited:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

This Bud's for us.

Our thoughts will be with you.

No Bud but I’ll drink a Spotted Cow for you.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

This Bud's for us.

Prayers for you and your family. Please let us know what more we can do.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

This Bud's for us.
    Will be thinking of your family and will ask the spirits I know to look after your AO, RR.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

This Bud's for us.

Sounds like a rough ride. Hang tough, RR.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster

This Bud's for us.
    Really sorry to hear this RR, thoughts and prayers inbound.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

This Bud's for us.
    I'm sorry to hear this RR! Prayers for your family.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Thanks lads. I learned a few details today to my delight. I knew he served US Army, but that was it aside from his frozen boot story.

24th Infantry Division
    Spec 5
    Air Defense Artillery
    Rifle Sharpshooter medal
    :+1:........and........:patriot::patriot: for a ground pounder support......11b's always enjoy support because the LPCs are quite lacking at the support.......and you ask LPC???

Leather Personal Carrier.....aka the "combat boot".....LOL

My wife has threaten to throw out my first set of leather boots (BLACK with 100 layers
    of KIWI on them). some how, I manage to sneak them back in a storage container. Those boots have miles on them, weird sole wear, from "about face" and "to the rear....March!!" A 25 mile road march that ended up passing Echo Company, because we were Alpha Company, and had more to prove.....ugh. Those boots got to take a 'detour' on that road march back in, raining Saint Benards, and Drill Sgt. McKamey proudly 'tour guiding' us. His little detour got us to 'experience' all 3 of the famous hills of the U.S. Army. Misery, Agony, and Heartbreak are all at Fort Knox, KY. When I was there, it was one of only 2 posts that were "swinging *ick" 'clubs'. Now, only Fort Benning, GA is home of the infantry, but back in my day, the mud and blood of Kentucky was the closet simulation for battle to European theaters......times have changed. The boots are tan, uniforms are multi-cam, privates get stress cards. Drill Sergeants are rarely the rank of E-7, and recruits don't spend a $100 on Kiwi products you had never heard of until Drill Sergeant McKamey (who had stock in Kiwi) had you leather whitening your running shoes and edge dressing your entire sole of your LPCs, so you could spend extra time buffing the scuff marks off his beloved barracks. Oh those were the days!!!!! Ok, enough rambling.

Really cool, RR you get to find out more of what your grandfather's U.S Army experiences entailed!!!! I'll have to ramble on my Great Uncle Fred's escapades in the Italian campaign in WW2.....really cool ground pounder stuff, I got clues to growing up, spending a week in the summer time, every couple years, as a young 'whipper snapper'. He never talked, but when I got back from Iraq, he was a whole new man to me......Band of the Infantry Brother, from conflicts that were light years apart, but alike in so many ways.....
    At his funeral, his kids laid out items of his military service, that I had never seen. I was more than happy to enlighten his son Mike, who had no idea, what Fred had been thru or the stories Fred had shared with me.....and only me, not even his wife. I hope your grandfather laid it out on one of your family members before his passing...and that member can share with the rest of your family......because your grandfather was a part of something greater than himself.....an organization that won 2 world wars......

".......and the Army goes rolling along......:patriot::patriot:"

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    :+1:........and........:patriot::patriot: for a ground pounder support......11b's always enjoy support because the LPCs are quite lacking at the support.......and you ask LPC???

Leather Personal Carrier.....aka the "combat boot".....LOL

My wife has threaten to throw out my first set of leather boots (BLACK with 100 layers
    of KIWI on them). some how, I manage to sneak them back in a storage container. Those boots have miles on them, weird sole wear, from "about face" and "to the rear....March!!" A 25 mile road march that ended up passing Echo Company, because we were Alpha Company, and had more to prove.....ugh. Those boots got to take a 'detour' on that road march back in, raining Saint Benards, and Drill Sgt. McKamey proudly 'tour guiding' us. His little detour got us to 'experience' all 3 of the famous hills of the U.S. Army. Misery, Agony, and Heartbreak are all at Fort Knox, KY. When I was there, it was one of only 2 posts that were "swinging *ick" 'clubs'. Now, only Fort Benning, GA is home of the infantry, but back in my day, the mud and blood of Kentucky was the closet simulation for battle to European theaters......times have changed. The boots are tan, uniforms are multi-cam, privates get stress cards. Drill Sergeants are rarely the rank of E-7, and recruits don't spend a $100 on Kiwi products you had never heard of until Drill Sergeant McKamey (who had stock in Kiwi) had you leather whitening your running shoes and edge dressing your entire sole of your LPCs, so you could spend extra time buffing the scuff marks off his beloved barracks. Oh those were the days!!!!! Ok, enough rambling.

Really cool, RR you get to find out more of what your grandfather's U.S Army experiences entailed!!!! I'll have to ramble on my Great Uncle Fred's escapades in the Italian campaign in WW2.....really cool ground pounder stuff, I got clues to growing up, spending a week in the summer time, every couple years, as a young 'whipper snapper'. He never talked, but when I got back from Iraq, he was a whole new man to me......Band of the Infantry Brother, from conflicts that were light years apart, but alike in so many ways.....
    At his funeral, his kids laid out items of his military service, that I had never seen. I was more than happy to enlighten his son Mike, who had no idea, what Fred had been thru or the stories Fred had shared with me.....and only me, not even his wife. I hope your grandfather laid it out on one of your family members before his passing...and that member can share with the rest of your family......because your grandfather was a part of something greater than himself.....an organization that won 2 world wars......

".......and the Army goes rolling along......:patriot::patriot:"

I've heard only 2 stories of his time in. Both hilarious. Too Much (for me) to type I think. Over a beer then....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom