• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Nope. Haven't ventured down that rabbit hole yet. I have a mix of Bushnell and Vortex now. If I had to pick today, I'd probably go with a Vortex. As far as model, no clue.
    I bought a refurbished Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 from AA this summer, but the rifle that I was building has taken a back seat because I bought the 457 from CM and that already had a good optic on it, so it's never been out of the box. Let me know if you're interested otherwise I will just keep it for when I do finish that rifle.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    See Post # 3738. :popcorn:
    I bought a refurbished Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 from AA this summer, but the rifle that I was building has taken a back seat because I bought the 457 from CM and that already had a good optic on it, so it's never been out of the box. Let me know if you're interested otherwise I will just keep it for when I do finish that rifle.
    I appreciate the offers. When I get the rifle, I'll definitely be on the hunt and I know the group to go to first.:cool:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Picked up another Colt Army model from 1902, 41lc with 6 inch barrel. The 4" 41lc above I've had for a while is from 1899. The 41 was never as popular as the 38lc, both calibers date back to the 1877 Lightning model, but can be found in the SAA and 1878 as well. Made as snubbies rarely, guns with shorter than 4' barrels command steep premiums from collectors.

The Army/Navy models sold well on the civilian market and were available in the 41lc while the military chose to chamber in 38lc only. Considered a powerhouse man stopping cartridge by gunslingers of the era, particularly in the 1877, one wonders if the Army had chosen it instead of the 38 if the issues in the Philippine insurrection would have ever happened. No Thompson LaGuard tests, no 45 caliber requirement for the clt41.jpg new generation auto for the Army. The legendary 1911 might have looked quite different.

Last edited:

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Implants are in ……thankfully still numb

Now you wait again.

Have 4 and get another one in a couple of weeks. Never had significant pain. This next one is an upper and will require raising the bottom of the sinus cavity by drilling all the way though the jawbone and packing grafting material up in there. Hopefully my luck with little pain continues.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Now you wait again.

Have 4 and get another one in a couple of weeks. Never had significant pain. This next one is an upper and will require raising the bottom of the sinus cavity by drilling all the way though the jawbone and packing grafting material up in there. Hopefully my luck with little pain continues.
    That sounds extremely uncomfortable.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Now you wait again.

This is what I just had done....I've had little to no pain though a little soreness from time to time in the upper jaw. I took naproxen for a couple days after and that was it. Of course, I am what they call a bad a$$.... :lmfao: :facepalm:

Not a big a deal after the procedure.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I’m a bit proud of the wife tonight. She needed a shelf bracket that would support a floating shelf internally and searched, then found a bracket made by a small shop in the USA. It’s built like a tank by some folks in Rigby, Idaho. She’s been trying to source anything we can for the kitchen from local or small shops. The counters came from a small business in Batesville that specializes in soapstone and the bar table was built by a guy in Shelbyville I think.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Ive got to go back to have a crown put on. This now sounds like going to the beach compared to this other stuff!
    CZ!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom