• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Ordered the Caldwell BR combo rest/bag deal from Midway with an upgraded Protektor front bag with super slick material, a set of Surefire EP7 ear plugs and some Arca plates for my Tippmann & Noveske rifles (to give them a flat surface to interface with the front rest better).

I love (hate) you all.
    Cool! I haven't seen those EP7 ear plugs before, they seem interesting.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Ordered the Caldwell BR combo rest/bag deal from Midway with an upgraded Protektor front bag with super slick material, a set of Surefire EP7 ear plugs and some Arca plates for my Tippmann & Noveske rifles (to give them a flat surface to interface with the front rest better).

I love (hate) you all.

If I had anything to do with this, you're welcome. :D

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I removed the rear sight off of my Mk.12 so I could move the scope back. The A.R.M.S. Medium rings are not tall enough for the scope to clear the sight. The tall rings are not in stock anywhere. Not a inexpensive set of rings.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country

I love (hate) you all.
    Not trying to lighten your wallet but since you have the slick front bag, you will probably want the slick rear also. The free recoil doesnt work well unless theyre paired set of front and rear slicked bags. The slicked 13B Protektormodel would be my suggestion. It's taller than the 13A and would add a more comfortable shooting position for a bigger dude like yourself.
    I was a little anxious and picked up a used slicked Protektor Dr. rear bag. It is a great rest, I just think I would've benefited more with the slicked 13B and will probably end up with one before too long.
    I had to modify the mount ears on my front Protektor bag a little to fit the Rock BR but it fits nicely, zero wonkyness.
    I looked at the Bald Eagle rests, the aluminum Y frames in particular, and some Sinclair's and settled with the Rock BR. Best money spent imho unless you shoot benchrest daily and can really wring the worth out of them, then I'd get the Bald Eagle aluminum Y rest. I've also read some reviews stating the same as gmcttr did that the cable controlled windage adjustment on the BE is a bit jumpy and adds wonkyness and most suggested the traditional knob control.

My :twocents:, ya get what you pay for. :dunno:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I removed the rear sight off of my Mk.12 so I could move the scope back. The A.R.M.S. Medium rings are not tall enough for the scope to clear the sight. The tall rings are not in stock anywhere. Not a inexpensive set of rings.

34mm? I have an Spuhr and Geiselle mount. I might have some Seekins 30 mm around someplace if they aren't on a gun? Have a bag of 1" rings...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Not trying to lighten your wallet but since you have the slick front bag, you will probably want the slick rear also. The free recoil doesnt work well unless theyre paired set of front and rear slicked bags. The slicked 13B Protektormodel would be my suggestion. It's taller than the 13A and would add a more comfortable shooting position for a bigger dude like yourself.
    I was a little anxious and picked up a used slicked Protektor Dr. rear bag. It is a great rest, I just think I would've benefited more with the slicked 13B and will probably end up with one before too long.
    I had to modify the mount ears on my front Protektor bag a little to fit the Rock BR but it fits nicely, zero wonkyness.
    I looked at the Bald Eagle rests, the aluminum Y frames in particular, and some Sinclair's and settled with the Rock BR. Best money spent imho unless you shoot benchrest daily and can really wring the worth out of them, then I'd get the Bald Eagle aluminum Y rest. I've also read some reviews stating the same as gmcttr did that the cable controlled windage adjustment on the BE is a bit jumpy and adds wonkyness and most suggested the traditional knob control.

My :twocents:, ya get what you pay for. :dunno:
    Yeah, I kinda figured that was the case. I have a 13A that I will get back this weekend. I'll have to use the dryer sheet trick until I can upgrade it. I've already spent money I wasn't planning to again.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I'll have to use the dryer sheet trick until I can upgrade it...

Brownells would be happy to sell you some slick tape for your stocks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom