Not open for further replies.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    As fond as I am of the Atlas bipods, I'll probably go straight to bags for the future 457. I've never tried a rest/sled so that would take some getting used to, I think. Putting the cart before the horse though. Need an actual rifle and glass first. :spend:

Congratulations on the move, Wizard.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Morning all.

Woke up too soon and my mind went to front bench rests and I couldn't shut it off. Been studying the Hybrid-X Front Rest made in mcapo's back yard. Once again decided they are to much $$$ for the use I will get out of one.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    As fond as I am of the Atlas bipods, I'll probably go straight to bags for the future 457. I've never tried a rest/sled so that would take some getting used to, I think...

Skip the sleds and go with a front rest and rear bag. Bipods are great when you will be moving around or don't want to take as much equipment with you but not as accurate as the front rest/rear bag combo.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    That would be interesting but I have not heard anything about it. Sig is so focused on cranking out FCUs, slide kits and molded grips that they seem to have forgotten the classic line of guns.
    Well, it's been two years since it was announced so they've probably just quietly forgot about it.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    As fond as I am of the Atlas bipods, I'll probably go straight to bags for the future 457. I've never tried a rest/sled so that would take some getting used to, I think. Putting the cart before the horse though. Need an actual rifle and glass first. :spend:

I'm about the same place you are in the 22 game. Target tifle and glass on the horizon. Ordered the rock rest and bag on sale at midway. Ordered couple other bags from Amazon for good measure. I couldn't afford to hang out with you guys if we very often. And when this new rifle is ready, I don't think I want bcannon using it to shoot against me. I need to leave room fir eccuses

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I wish that I could get into rimfire as deeply as the rest of this group. I can practice with my P07 using the Kadet kit but that runs dirty and after a while, will start getting FTF. Sig used to make rimfire kits for some of the classic guns but they are near impossible to find now days.

I really don’t have much in the way of handguns to play in the rimfire pool now days. Just the Ruger MkIV, CZ kit and a Heritage revolver.
    The Ruger Mark IV (22/45 or lite) is still on my list, but there are not many guns left that I'm interested in getting.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I'm about the same place you are in the 22 game. Target tifle and glass on the horizon. Ordered the rock rest and bag on sale at midway. Ordered couple other bags from Amazon for good measure. I couldn't afford to hang out with you guys if we very often. And when this new rifle is ready, I don't think I want bcannon using it to shoot against me. I need to leave room fir eccuses
    I think bcannon should be part of the quality control process, if he can't shoot well with the gun then I know that I'm not either, just sell it and try a different one.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon

Do you know what glass you want?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ordered the Caldwell BR combo rest/bag deal from Midway with an upgraded Protektor front bag with super slick material, a set of Surefire EP7 ear plugs and some Arca plates for my Tippmann & Noveske rifles (to give them a flat surface to interface with the front rest better).

I love (hate) you all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom