Not open for further replies.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Oh, and thanks for the CZ shotgun feedback gentlemen. I have Browning pumps and a Citori, but am looking for a lighter, more defense oriented 20 gauge for the sister. Might take a chance on a CZ - they don't seem real expensive, relatively.

Not any firsthand CZ shotgun experience but a local shop used to sell their auto loaders on a regular basis. Store owner was a sporting clay guy and he thought the CZs were excellent “bang for buck” as are many of the more recent Turkish offerings.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    If you're having caliber problems I feel bad I for you son, I got 97 problems but a CZ ain't one!

*mic drop*
    4ca8d57bd3c3fe6eeebd27cd9ae9f2ec.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Got this spitting today, emptying another peanut jar, a Colt 1878 chambered in of all things 32-20. No idea how old it is as the serial number was ground off with the lanyard ring mount. It had hand spring problems and I have developed a technique that involved differential heat treating on this spring while it is still attached to the hammer. Put a few low power smokeless cartridges through it, but I'll have to make up some 32-20 BP cartridges. It has clearly seen better days at the grip panels are home made and I can't replace the lanyard ring without making one and welding it to the gun. I'll see if I can get my buddy in Florida to make another set of giraffe bone for this and give it a good rust blue.

Attachments

• 18783220.jpg
      18783220.jpg
      390.4 KB · Views: 14

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    A CZ Good evening all! I have been meaning to finish this up but have been busy. The Pre B project is done and ready for testing. The first pic is to show the Pre B frame on the left & B frame on the right both are manual safety and Cajunized. Notice the left Pre B has the spacer to the left side of the sear that replaces the lifter arm. The B has the lifter arm + the lifter arm spring ("F-Me spring")
    Pic #2 shows the 10X bushing that provides zero movement in the barrel to bushing at lock up and the new front sight installed. In #3 you can see how much material is left between the front sight and bushing. The older Pre B did not have the pinned front sight so if you are thinking about having your slide milled to install a better sight there is not much to work with. The sight pin secures the sight and bushing in place.
    Pic #4 the top slide is a Compact and notice the solid firing pin retaining pin that shows this is an older Cajunized gun, it is BA's #1. Pic #5 shows the bottom view of the slides, Pre B on the left and you can see the bottom edge of the firing pin block stop. The B on the right you see the firing pin lifter block and it's hidden FP block spring. #6 shows the Pre B on the left with the 1911 type firing pin block stop. On the B the firing pin is secured by the firing pin retaining pin.
    The last pic is the finished product a sweaty 75 Pre B Satin Nickle fully Cajunized with the Pro kit. It had a SA of 5.1 lbs. & DA 8.3 lbs. and now it is SA 2.10 lbs. & DA 6.0 lbs very smooth and breaks like glass.

CZ pre b vs. B.jpg
    Sights bushing mounted.jpg
    Bushing, Sight ,pin gap.jpg
    Slide side.jpg
    Slide bottom view.jpg
    CZ slide FP.jpg
    Pre B Complete.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A CZ Good evening all! I have been meaning to finish this up but have been busy. The Pre B project is done and ready for testing. The first pic is to show the Pre B frame on the left & B frame on the right both are manual safety and Cajunized. Notice the left Pre B has the spacer to the left side of the sear that replaces the lifter arm. The B has the lifter arm + the lifter arm spring ("F-Me spring")
    Pic #2 shows the 10X bushing that provides zero movement in the barrel to bushing at lock up and the new front sight installed. In #3 you can see how much material is left between the front sight and bushing. The older Pre B did not have the pinned front sight so if you are thinking about having your slide milled to install a better sight there is not much to work with. The sight pin secures the sight and bushing in place.
    Pic #4 the top slide is a Compact and notice the solid firing pin retaining pin that shows this is an older Cajunized gun, it is BA's #1. Pic #5 shows the bottom view of the slides, Pre B on the left and you can see the bottom edge of the firing pin block stop. The B on the right you see the firing pin lifter block and it's hidden FP block spring. #6 shows the Pre B on the left with the 1911 type firing pin block stop. On the B the firing pin is secured by the firing pin retaining pin.
    The last pic is the finished product a sweaty 75 Pre B Satin Nickle fully Cajunized with the Pro kit. It had a SA of 5.1 lbs. & DA 8.3 lbs. and now it is SA 2.10 lbs. & DA 6.0 lbs very smooth and breaks like glass.

View attachment 145242
    View attachment 145250
    View attachment 145251
    View attachment 145252
    View attachment 145253
    View attachment 145254
    View attachment 145255
    2 masters posting in here tonight.
    Humbling to see.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Very cool

Who did the front sight cut? I have a pre-B that needs that job done.

Also, did you need to shim the search cage? One of my other pre-Bs has some sear cage play when the trigger is pulled

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom