Not open for further replies.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm running adblock and usually don't have a problem posting a link or viewing them. However this is the second time in several months that the INGO system changes a hotlink to a media insert and since it's not, nothing shows. The system starting working again last time after a day or two.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That bench has been as low as $240 according to camelcamelcamel.
    Yeah, you have to really watch or use a 3rd party service as you mentioned to see what best pricing is even by some 3rd party sellers on Amazon. I bought a standing desk and it dropped $50 a bit after I bought it. I got reimbursed for the desk anyway through a couple of programs at my employer, but was also able to get $20 of the $50 difference refunded by the 3rd party seller. Amazon themselves have no price guarantee these days.

I may have to read up on the bench and check it out.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I hope CM will allow this. If not, I'll take it to the Long Guns section.

Does anyone have experience with CZ shotguns? In general, are they as well regarded as CZ pistols and rifles? I'm looking at a 20 gauge auto-loader for a present for my sister and BIL, for black bear protection. Some crazy lady on their mountain in Carolina is feeding the bears, and they're hanging around more than is comfortable. I know bears have rights too, :) , but my sister would like to at least have some protection if they become aggressive.

I know the 12 gauge is probably betterer, but my sister is 100 pounds, so I'm thinking 20 gauge slugs for her. She carries a 38 spc revolver now, so any shotgun is an upgrade.

Thoughts?

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan

Does anyone have experience with CZ shotguns? In general, are they as well regarded as CZ pistols and rifles? I'm looking at a 20 gauge auto-loader for a present for my sister and BIL, for black bear protection. Some crazy lady on their mountain in Carolina is feeding the bears, and they're hanging around more than is comfortable. I know bears have rights too, :) , but my sister would like to at least have some protection if they become aggressive.

I know the 12 gauge is probably betterer, but my sister is 100 pounds, so I'm thinking 20 gauge slugs for her. She carries a 38 spc revolver now, so any shotgun is an upgrade.

Thoughts?

No experience with the shotguns but have to say first thing they need to do is stop the lady feeding the bears. I'm sure the conservation officers look down on this behavior.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

Thoughts?

2 3/4" 20 ga slugs will certainly stop a bear at less than 100 yds. I'd be most concerned about fit to the shooter and reliability. Do not know a lick about CZ self defense shotguns. Did not even know they made them.
    Self defense situation calls for 100% reliability. Inertia driven Benelli or an 870 would be my choices.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you

Thoughts?

The shotguns are made in Turkey by Huglu, the last I checked. Huglu used to have plenty of quality control issues, but to my knowledge, that has been improved. For slugs, I'm not sure I see a point in 12ga other than "I don't own a 20." Most (all?) of the 12 gauge slugs I've seen have been 2-3/4" or 3", same as a 20. More weight for the same shell length - less range. With a modern 3" 20 gauge, I'd just plan on that for a slug gun.

I'm a lefty, so I run Ithacas for pump shotguns (no autoloaders for me... yet). New Ithacas have a 3" chamber for 12 and 20 gauge guns. I love them, though I'm no guru on shotgunning.

I was told from a friend who did some backpacking that bear spray is "more effective" than a gun. I imagine that's true for a 9mm, but a hard sell for me regarding proper ammunition.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I got some goodies in as well. My P226 mk25 barrel and springs arrived. Then a lat USPS delivery with magazines from Greg Cote including for my CZ P-09.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    This summer marks my 25th year anniversary with my company. I need to do a project gun. My father got a pair of matching Rolex watches for him and my mother when he hit 25 years. Coincidentally, his watch is on my wrist right now. I need to put something special together for this milestone. Right now, I’m leaning towards a P226 all tarted up but a good 1911 would work too.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    This summer marks my 25th year anniversary with my company. I need to do a project gun. My father got a pair of matching Rolex watches for him and my mother when he hit 25 years. Coincidentally, his watch is on my wrist right now. I need to put something special together for this milestone. Right now, I’m leaning towards a P226 all tarted up but a good 1911 would work too.
    Can't go wrong either way, IMHO.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Yes, super-special is warranted ! :thumbsup:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I made a new dog friend at the cabin! His name is Jack, and he belongs to a neighbor (who I haven’t met) up the road a piece.
    I sent the photo to my caretaker, who filled me in on the facts about my newest visitor.

He was shy at first, then stuck to me like two coats of paint !

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Thoughts?

Hey fellas anything CZ or just gun related. I have stepped off.
    You guys are posting up some seriously cool stuff in here. Carry on.

But I still hate G****s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom