• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I hope CM will allow this. If not, I'll take it to the Long Guns section.

Does anyone have experience with CZ shotguns? In general, are they as well regarded as CZ pistols and rifles? I'm looking at a 20 gauge auto-loader for a present for my sister and BIL, for black bear protection. Some crazy lady on their mountain in Carolina is feeding the bears, and they're hanging around more than is comfortable. I know bears have rights too, :) , but my sister would like to at least have some protection if they become aggressive.

I know the 12 gauge is probably betterer, but my sister is 100 pounds, so I'm thinking 20 gauge slugs for her. She carries a 38 spc revolver now, so any shotgun is an upgrade.

Thoughts?

Other than owning one and shooting it @ ducks/geese.

I have an O/U CZ Redhead 12g. Pretty fantastic build quality (as you'd expect), right tolerances, works every time ya pull the trigger.
    No help on the Automatics, but I'd bet they are equal in quality.
    I believe Huglo manufactures them for CZ.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    We made it home yesterday about 12:30. Had to get the yard mowed (about 6ac.) Took about 2.5 hours. South Dakota is a great place to visit, I highly recommend it.
    We would love to go out there and visit. When the kids are a little bit older perhaps. I'm glad you all were able to go and have an enjoyable trip!

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Oh, and thanks for the CZ shotgun feedback gentlemen. I have Browning pumps and a Citori, but am looking for a lighter, more defense oriented 20 gauge for the sister. Might take a chance on a CZ - they don't seem real expensive, relatively.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    We made it home yesterday about 12:30. Had to get the yard mowed (about 6ac.) Took about 2.5 hours. South Dakota is a great place to visit, I highly recommend it.
    Tell us more about South Dakota. Maybe start a thread.

I've had an opportunity to go to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, arches, and canyonlands national Parks this year.

Learning something about what there is to do and see in South Dakota would be appreciated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom