Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! Just got back from MCFG where I ran some more ammo through the problem child. Overall, the results are positive, but there was still one light strike when shooting HSTs. Other than that, it ran well and is a fun shooter for a compact .40. I also ran the 40P and the .40 P07 and both functioned perfectly. The P07 got a half box of HSTs run through it and it handled them without any issues at all. It's now been hundreds of rounds since there was an issue with that one and I don't think I'd hesitate to carry it come winter. The 40P did exactly what you'd expect a 40P to do. It shot reliably, accurately and was comfortable to shoot. What a great gun that is.

Also along were a Firestorm 22 and my two .45 G***ks. The Firestorm is a fun little gun to plink with and runs well on Remington Golden 500 round pack bullets. I don't know why I like the other two G***ks that went along, but I do. Triggers are nothing special and feel in the hand is like holding a block of wood but I enjoy shooting them a whole lot. The G21 more than the G30, but both were fun to run steel with. I really should invest some money in a good trigger for the G21 though, as it would really shine without the spongy trigger it has now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Morning folks! Just got back from MCFG where I ran some more ammo through the problem child. Overall, the results are positive, but there was still one light strike when shooting HSTs. Other than that, it ran well and is a fun shooter for a compact .40. I also ran the 40P and the .40 P07 and both functioned perfectly. The P07 got a half box of HSTs run through it and it handled them without any issues at all. It's now been hundreds of rounds since there was an issue with that one and I don't think I'd hesitate to carry it come winter. The 40P did exactly what you'd expect a 40P to do. It shot reliably, accurately and was comfortable to shoot. What a great gun that is.

Also along were a Firestorm 22 and my two .45 G***ks. The Firestorm is a fun little gun to plink with and runs well on Remington Golden 500 round pack bullets. I don't know why I like the other two G***ks that went along, but I do. Triggers are nothing special and feel in the hand is like holding a block of wood but I enjoy shooting them a whole lot. The G21 more than the G30, but both were fun to run steel with. I really should invest some money in a good trigger for the G21 though, as it would really shine without the spongy trigger it has now.

Sounds like a good morning.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Day 3 of vacation and this is the first day that I don't have to get on a conference call for work. :rockwoot:

The downside is that today's morning consists of getting a haircut and then heading to the BMV to get the drivers license renewed. I'd rather be heading to the range.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Day 3 of vacation and this is the first day that I don't have to get on a conference call for work. :rockwoot:

The downside is that today's morning consists of getting a haircut and then heading to the BMV to get the drivers license renewed. I'd rather be heading to the range.

Go to the range afterwards to reward yourself ;)

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Good morning everybody. Plenty of :coffee: today. Looking into respirators today. I do a fair bit of woodworking and everything I read says I need to get a mask. I've never used one but I suppose it is never too early to protect my lungs. Anybody have a mask they really like? Right now I'm leaning toward the 3M 7500

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good morning everybody. Plenty of :coffee: today. Looking into respirators today. I do a fair bit of woodworking and everything I read says I need to get a mask. I've never used one but I suppose it is never too early to protect my lungs. Anybody have a mask they really like? Right now I'm leaning toward the 3M 7500

Just get something that fits to your face and seals.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN

I've been using a 3M 6502 and like it a lot. Works well and is easy to clean after use. Back when in the Air Force, I had the requirement drilled into me to disassemble and clean the mask every day after use. Still do it, so ease of cleaning is important to me.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It's getting really quiet in this thread lately. Lots of long time posters have not been on in weeks. Could it be that the Czickness thread has run its course?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Hey man where have you been...???

Busy, mostly. Spent a month in Louisiana this summer, dad had surgery, tried to spend as much time with the family as I could, just had some lambs, and summer is a busy time for us at work. But I was thinking about some of the folks on here as I was driving home tonight and thought I would check in.

how are you?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Busy, mostly. Spent a month in Louisiana this summer, dad had surgery, tried to spend as much time with the family as I could, just had some lambs, and summer is a busy time for us at work. But I was thinking about some of the folks on here as I was driving home tonight and thought I would check in.

how are you?

Doing OK. As much as life will allow. Busy. Busy. Busy. And did I mention I am busy...:).

I really missed your insight into some of the worlds problems we try and solve in here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's getting really quiet in this thread lately. Lots of long time posters have not been on in weeks. Could it be that the Czickness thread has run its course?

Good question. With me I have nothing new to add right now. I have one under gassed AR I just built that I am figuring out but all else is static.
    We will reignite this candle in a few weeks as the get together is still on. I will have the info out in a day or so. Looking forward to seeing you all again.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Doing OK. As much as life will allow. Busy. Busy. Busy. And did I mention I am busy...:).

I really missed your insight into some of the worlds problems we try and solve in here.

Well I appreciate that. I kind of needed to take a step back from the world's problems and think more about the ones in my sphere. Life's too short to let Trump and Obama ruin your mood all the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom