Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Great trip to the range today with 88. He had his problem child with him and it seemed to be working much better. I shot a few rounds through it and thought it was very enjoyable. Also shot the P-07 he had gotten off BA a while back and that was a fine shooter as well. Great morning, all told :rockwoot:

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I've been thinking about new sights for my CZ75B. I found last time out that I am having an issue with seeing the front sight on it. Though this could just be my usual eye sight issues.

I am going to test a few things tomorrow, to confirm it is my eye sight issue. I may just need a new prescription (2+ years old). I know I need a new prescription on the sunglasses (6+ years old).

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    With life being crazy busy lately I had all but forgotten about my little flag project. Made some time the last couple of days to do the glue up. Spent some time today trimming up on the table saw and then SO SO SO much time sanding and just finished putting on a coat of oil. Im pretty happy with how it turned out.

yOogPqC.jpg

That. Is. Freaking. Awesome! Very well done sir.
    Walnut, cherry, and hard maple I'm guessing?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been thinking about new sights for my CZ75B. I found last time out that I am having an issue with seeing the front sight on it. Though this could just be my usual eye sight issues.

I am going to test a few things tomorrow, to confirm it is my eye sight issue. I may just need a new prescription (2+ years old). I know I need a new prescription on the sunglasses (6+ years old).

TruGlo TFX/TFX Pros are very nice sights for the 75 series.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

With life being crazy busy lately I had all but forgotten about my little flag project. Made some time the last couple of days to do the glue up. Spent some time today trimming up on the table saw and then SO SO SO much time sanding and just finished putting on a coat of oil. Im pretty happy with how it turned out.

yOogPqC.jpg

Beautiful result. Could not help but to quote it so we can enjoy it again.

The range trip with WTB was a good one. I think the problem child is about 99% complete. I had two light strikes and found that the slide would hang about 1/8 inch before going into battery, but far enough to let the hammer fall. I stepped up from the 17# to 20# recoil spring and had no further issues. It's actually quite the nice shooter when I run a mid-level .40 round through it. I had a couple of the 1080 fps 180g fire breathers with me and it ran them as well, but the sub 900 fps rounds are much more fun to shoot. The issue that I was still having was self induced in that put a set of standard 75B sights on it and it shoots about 3" low for me. Last night, I installed a set of P01 factory sights until I can get a better set of night sights for it. I also removed the extended FP and replaced the lighter FP spring with a factory spring, so the gun is now almost completely factory with the exception of the SRS lifter.

On a side note, I now have two sets of fresh TrueDot night sights for a 75B that I don't know what to do with. I could put a set on the polished stainless 75B, but I was planning on going with a fiber optic sight on that one. Plus, when I measured the sight height, the polished stainless has a P01 height front sight from the factory, so I'm not sure I could use them on that even if I wanted to. I need to pick up a couple of 75Bs I guess. Maybe posting them in the classifieds is a better idea.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    That. Is. Freaking. Awesome! Very well done sir.
    Walnut, cherry, and hard maple I'm guessing?

Thanks. You are correct it is walnut, cherry and maple finished with a coat of boiled linseed oil.
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Beautiful result. Could not help but to quote it so we can enjoy it again.

Thank you. I really enjoy woodworking, even if I don't have as much time to do it as I'd like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :coffee:

Man, the weekend went WAY too quick... :(

Spent both days outdoors in the heat surrounded by good people and some very serious firearms.
    What could be better.
    I met Haven (post #3522) and did not realize he was the Transformer guy from this thread. I had 4 Tricked out CZ's with me he could have ran if he wished.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom