Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Which are you thinking of letting go? I hate to see good guns leave the family :(

Scratch is a full size "Model 75" transitional pre-B in gloss black. The Massada is a semi-compact in gloss blue. Both are fully Cajunized with Truglo TFX sights. I can't recall offhand whether the sights are Pros or not.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Will be sad to see them go. If I had any extra $$ I would try to pick one up, but the wife is about to be unemployed, so I'm selling off a couple of my own :(

Sorry to hear about the wife. Good luck on the sales. The market is so soft right now that any seller has to sink in knee deep to move anything.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sorry to hear about the wife. Good luck on the sales. The market is so soft right now that any seller has to sink in knee deep to move anything.

Luckily both guns are already spoken for. Both plastic guns I recently picked up that I don't really need. Hoping to not have to sell anything else, but that will be determined by whether the wife can land a new job within the next week or so.

And thanks BTW. Sucks that the wife is leaving her job, but it's become very problematic as the place is doing shady business and the wife is afraid of getting caught up in it. It's been stressing her out badly enough that I figured it would make more sense for her to quit and concentrate on finding something else.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Luckily both guns are already spoken for. Both plastic guns I recently picked up that I don't really need. Hoping to not have to sell anything else, but that will be determined by whether the wife can land a new job within the next week or so.

And thanks BTW. Sucks that the wife is leaving her job, but it's become very problematic as the place is doing shady business and the wife is afraid of getting caught up in it. It's been stressing her out badly enough that I figured it would make more sense for her to quit and concentrate on finding something else.

I think that's a very wise decision.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    After this weekend I am all smiles with my little collection.
    Of the 5 unfired pieces all but one ran perfectly.
    I have 1 AR that is under-gased and will not strip a round from the mag after the 1st round off the top has been chambered and fired.
    I will figure this out easily enough.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After this weekend I am all smiles with my little collection.
    Of the 5 unfired pieces all but one ran perfectly.
    I have 1 AR that is under-gased and will not strip a round from the mag after the 1st round off the top has been chambered and fired.
    I will figure this out easily enough.

It must be a young AR. I've learned that as you get older being "under-gassed" is never an issue.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I thought the wife just started at a new gun store. Is that not working out for her..??

Edit....OK, I see the reasoning.

I think that's a very wise decision.

Yeah, lots of unhappy customers from the main store, little to no inventory in the Nashville store she works at, lots of broken promises and very, very shady business practices. She's only worked there since the end of April, but they were planning to close the store at the end of next month anyway. Ostensibly due to the lack of business, though from everything I know it's due to the owners not knowing WTF they're doing. I've been trying to get the wife to do something that pays a bit better anyway, so hopefully she can find something that will work out better for her. Knock on wood ;)

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've had 4-5 G****s in the past and pretty quickly got bored with them and sold them off. This new G46 that Kirk posted about has me a little interested. I've always thought the rotating barrel design was pretty neat. I don't know if they will be available in the US at any point or not, but I might have to go to the dark side again if they do come here. I'm sure within 6 months I'll sell it off too.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Spent both days outdoors in the heat surrounded by good people and some very serious firearms.
    What could be better.
    I met Haven (post #3522) and did not realize he was the Transformer guy from this thread. I had 4 Tricked out CZ's with me he could have ran if he wished.

Well I figured out that I can not shoot with my sunglasses as I can’t focus on the front sights at all.

I will be getting new sights though. I shoot my HK better as those are easiest for me to see.

I should have asked to try some other people’s guns, but I am very shy around people I don’t know or in large groups. However once I get to know people, I am less reserved, ask CameraMonkey.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well I figured out that I can not shoot with my sunglasses as I can’t focus on the front sights at all.

I will be getting new sights though. I shoot my HK better as those are easiest for me to see.

I should have asked to try some other people’s guns, but I am very shy around people I don’t know or in large groups. However once I get to know people, I am less reserved, ask CameraMonkey.

I seriously would have offered if I had realized what the Autobot insignia on your hat stood for. 2+2 and all of that.

I felt kind of bad not showing a couple of folks that asked about my 1911's. It was a busy day.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I seriously would have offered if I had realized what the Autobot insignia on your hat stood for. 2+2 and all of that.

I felt kind of bad not showing a couple of folks that asked about my 1911's. It was a busy day.

Not a problem. It was an awesome and busy day. I had a great time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom