WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That's the plan

:yesway:

Picked up my first CZ today. Point Blank is having a CZ sale this weekend. I'm in Cincinnati, but I believe the sale is chain wide. Got a P-01 for $550. Considering no FFL/shipping and a free hour of range time, I believe that's the best deal out there right now. Glad I got there early, as it was the only one in stock. I was on the fence between that and a Phantom. Decided on the P-01 because it fits the bill for beside gun (rail) and would be better for concealed carry (when I get a permit). That and it's just a damn fine looking pistol. Ran about 4 mags though it; no problems w/ remanufactured FMJ, hot FMJ, or JHP. Took me almost two mags to figure out the sights are set for combat hold, rather than 6 O'clock. I was much happier with it after that. Trigger is surprisingly good out of the box; one of the lightest single actions I've felt on a stock pistol. Overall, very pleased w/ the purchase. It's crazy how good it feels in the hand.

BTW, the guy at the Cincinnati store said the sale is limited to what they have in stock over the weekend. There was the full display case, as usual, plus 10-12 more on the counter behind. Lots of 75Bs (only one Omega), lots of P-07s, a few steel SP-01s and a couple Phantoms. Everything else was one or none (no RAMI). If you're only interested in one model, I'd call to see what's in stock.

Also, I'd just like to say thanks to all the CZ experts on here. I've been mostly lurking for the past few years, but frequently keep an eye on this thread. Thanks to you guys, I was able to weigh the pros and cons of the different models and walk in to the store with a good idea of which would work best for me.

Congrats on your first CZ :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up my first CZ today. Point Blank is having a CZ sale this weekend. I'm in Cincinnati, but I believe the sale is chain wide. Got a P-01 for $550. Considering no FFL/shipping and a free hour of range time, I believe that's the best deal out there right now. Glad I got there early, as it was the only one in stock. I was on the fence between that and a Phantom. Decided on the P-01 because it fits the bill for beside gun (rail) and would be better for concealed carry (when I get a permit). That and it's just a damn fine looking pistol. Ran about 4 mags though it; no problems w/ remanufactured FMJ, hot FMJ, or JHP. Took me almost two mags to figure out the sights are set for combat hold, rather than 6 O'clock. I was much happier with it after that. Trigger is surprisingly good out of the box; one of the lightest single actions I've felt on a stock pistol. Overall, very pleased w/ the purchase. It's crazy how good it feels in the hand.

BTW, the guy at the Cincinnati store said the sale is limited to what they have in stock over the weekend. There was the full display case, as usual, plus 10-12 more on the counter behind. Lots of 75Bs (only one Omega), lots of P-07s, a few steel SP-01s and a couple Phantoms. Everything else was one or none (no RAMI). If you're only interested in one model, I'd call to see what's in stock.

Also, I'd just like to say thanks to all the CZ experts on here. I've been mostly lurking for the past few years, but frequently keep an eye on this thread. Thanks to you guys, I was able to weigh the pros and cons of the different models and walk in to the store with a good idea of which would work best for me.

Good on you sir. I hope you enjoy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I hope that this thread hasn't run it's course. I'm just getting interested in CZ's, and plan on adding a second one soon.
    Someday, I hope that I can be invited to test one that's been Wizardized ! :)

I don't think it has. This thread goes deeper than CZs. Plus, it's the end of a busy summer and most folks have had a lot on their plates. Fall and winter are usually the most active time for this thread as everyone puts down the shovels and other implements of destruction and focus's on indoor interests.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't think it has. This thread goes deeper than CZs. Plus, it's the end of a busy summer and most folks have had a lot on their plates. Fall and winter are usually the most active time for this thread as everyone puts down the shovels and other implements of destruction and focus's on indoor interests.

I have been busy busy busy.
    We are also dealing with some soon to be very serious medical issues. The stress from that along is pretty rough.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have been busy busy busy.
    We are also dealing with some soon to be very serious medical issues. The stress from that along is pretty rough.

Sorry to hear that CM. Nothing pulls the rug out from under your nicely progressing life like medical issues. Hope it all works out for you and your family in this.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Just got in from the fire pit. Spend the evening out there with great some great people. This is one reason I love Fall evenings.

WgiH3LB.jpg

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I hope things work out well for you Churchmouse.

This last pay I was not able to put aside any money for my next firearm purchase, due to medical bills taking up that money. And it looks like the next paycheck is going to be used to pay off the rest of it. However once I have that paid off, I can put money away again. Being an adult sucks sometimes. Normally I have a certain amount of money to spend on whatever each pay. This money can also be saved for things like firearms related purchases. Unfortunately we had some unexpected medical expenses come up, and I don't want to dip into savings since we are saving up to replace all the floors in the house.

I keep going back and forth on what to save up for next. The CZ Scorpion is high on my list, doing a two stamp on it can be done later down the line. The Walther P22 Target is also on my list. Then there are the mods, better sights for the CZ75B, maybe different grips. So many choices. The mods are the cheapest and quickest, so I might do those (instant gratification), plus then I have to go to the range to test them out. Win-win.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hope things work out well for you Churchmouse.

This last pay I was not able to put aside any money for my next firearm purchase, due to medical bills taking up that money. And it looks like the next paycheck is going to be used to pay off the rest of it. However once I have that paid off, I can put money away again. Being an adult sucks sometimes. Normally I have a certain amount of money to spend on whatever each pay. This money can also be saved for things like firearms related purchases. Unfortunately we had some unexpected medical expenses come up, and I don't want to dip into savings since we are saving up to replace all the floors in the house.

I keep going back and forth on what to save up for next. The CZ Scorpion is high on my list, doing a two stamp on it can be done later down the line. The Walther P22 Target is also on my list. Then there are the mods, better sights for the CZ75B, maybe different grips. So many choices. The mods are the cheapest and quickest, so I might do those (instant gratification), plus then I have to go to the range to test them out. Win-win.

I hope you get past all of this as well.
    Our issues are a lot deeper (not saying yours is easy) than just a few paychecks.
    My spouse has an on going chronic issue that is leading her towards a small intestine transplant. We are juggling our options right now and there are darned few of them. I mentioned a month or so back that I might be having a fire sale before years end. This may well happen. The expenses we will see are astronomical. I am not sure right now what will come of this. I am in a whirlwind of emotions right now.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Sorry to hear about your wife's medical issue, CM, and the host of concerns that come with it.
    I will hope for the path of least trauma for your family.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

Again, this morning I'm reminded about just how good the gun owning community can be. Between going to breakfast and then shooting with some of the best friends you could hope for, then seeing the honest well wishes for CM's family, you just have to love this community. I wonder if they see the same thing over on the liberal web sites. Nah, probably not too often as they are too busy attacking what they don't understand and tearing down other's accomplishments most likely. I like it here much better.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, I picked up another CZ this morning too. This is the second P09/40 in the family now, so we are definitely embracing the plastic fantastic CZ stuff. As is with most CZs being bought and sold in Indiana, BA used to own this one too.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Oh, I picked up another CZ this morning too. This is the second P09/40 in the family now, so we are definitely embracing the plastic fantastic CZ stuff. As is with most CZs being bought and sold in Indiana, BA used to own this one too.

Yep, you gained one and I sold one (not the same gun). Good morning ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom