The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Something interesting about my nephew’s Kimber KDS9c that I forgot to mention: The mag is obviously patterned after a CZ 75 mag. At the range we set the KDS9c mag and my P01 mag (15 round) next to each and they looked nearly identical. The P01 mag seemed to fit in the KDS9c perfectly but wouldn’t latch. The notch in the mag must be just enough different. Maybe that’s their way around patent laws? IDK. Anyway, just another example of CZ being the most copied handgun in the world.

CZ!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    All loaded up.

Expecting them to need reloaded within 36 hours.

d63a0c9af1b3c950121d82897f667de1.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Daughter came over today (she's dog/house sitting for someone in the interim between her clinicals assignments) and wanted to go shooting, and as beautiful as the weather is I would have liked to go, but I knew the bays at MCF&G were probably under water.

Wife is out of town currently.

We headed up north to the bougie hardware store (Sullivans on Keystone) as I had some rewards $ to spend. I didn't really have an idea what I would spend it on, but then I walked in and saw some patio furniture that was very much like some we looked at their last year but had been redesigned and changed the thing we didn't like about it.

It was on sale, and so I ordered it and will have it delivered before my wife gets back. This is going to be her anniversary, mother's day and birthday so hope she likes it. They will deliver it with loaner cushions and she can go in at no extra cost and order the cushions in the color she wants, etc. That will be a win, unless she goes in to order those and comes home with more $$$ spent on something else that catches her eye.

While up there, headed to Marksman to take a look at this:

Not optic cut and I'd prefer the a 229. (Allen showed me the 226 & 229 SAO legions he has, and I think I'm hooked) I know I could have got it optic cut, but was a little worried about rear sight and a roll pin position, etc and again, it wasn't a 229.

If it had been a 229 and I could have got them to move a bit on price, I probably would have jumped and got it cut for my choice of footprint.

I asked about any movement on price and they didn't seem to want to move. I didn't push it as it wasn't 100% what I wanted. Nice gun though, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Daughter came over today (she's dog/house sitting for someone in the interim between her clinicals assignments) and wanted to go shooting, and as beautiful as the weather is I would have liked to go, but I knew the bays at MCF&G were probably under water.

Wife is out of town currently.

We headed up north to the bougie hardware store (Sullivans on Keystone) as I had some rewards $ to spend. I didn't really have an idea what I would spend it on, but then I walked in and saw some patio furniture that was very much like some we looked at their last year but had been redesigned and changed the thing we didn't like about it.

It was on sale, and so I ordered it and will have it delivered before my wife gets back. This is going to be her anniversary, mother's day and birthday so hope she likes it. They will deliver it with loaner cushions and she can go in at no extra cost and order the cushions in the color she wants, etc. That will be a win, unless she goes in to order those and comes home with more $$$ spent on something else that catches her eye.

While up there, headed to Marksman to take a look at this:

Not optic cut and I'd prefer the a 229. (Allen showed me the 226 & 229 SAO legions he has, and I think I'm hooked) I know I could have got it optic cut, but was a little worried about rear sight and a roll pin position, etc and again, it wasn't a 229.

If it has been a 229 and I could have got them to move a bit on price, I probably would have jumped and got it cut for my choice of footprint.

I asked about any movement on price and they didn't seem to want to move. I didn't push it as it wasn't 100% what I wanted. Nice gun though, if anyone is interested.
    They are good folks but generally don’t move on price. I was looking at a revolver a while ago. Asked about a $50 discount as prices were a little soft at the time and Chris pleasantly said he couldn't. 2 weeks later they put it in their website for $50 less than what they had it for in store so I ran up there and bought it as I like having them around. I recently tried to buy this.

Talked about how I could get new SR & OR for less and would need to have theres optic cut but said I would buy theirs instead for $50 less than their asking but again was turned down. Chris said he had too much in it. C’est la vie. I bought brand new from a LGS nearby and put an HPi trigger and striker spring in. Very happy with my pistol. Will still buy from them anytime they have what I want at a price I want.

BUT I see how you dissed me again and did not call or write when you were just up the block! :dunno:

Last edited:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    They are food folks but generally don’t move on price. I was looking at a revolver a while ago. Asked about a $50 discount as prices were a little soft at the time and Chris pleasantly said he couldn't. 2 weeks later they put it in their website for $50 less than what they had it for in store so I ran up there and bought it as I like having them around. I recently tried to buy this.

Talked about how I could get new SR & OR for less and would need to have theres optic cut but said I would buy theirs instead for $50 less than their asking but again was turned down. Chris said he had too much in it. C’est la vie. I bought brand new from a LGS nearby and but an HPi trigger and striker spring in. Very happy with my pistol. Will still buy from them anytime they have what I want at a price I want.

BUT I see how you dissed me again and dod not call or write when you were just up the block! :dunno:
    I’ve had similar experiences up there. Some things are priced really well and others are way off. I’m not sure why or if they have multiple buyers that aren’t on same page. Just looking on website there are a few things of same model that seem to be very close in what’s included and prices don’t seem to add up.

Top Bottom