The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    How about some more Museum photos ! :rockwoot:

My host family (the FireHawks).... busy at the coloring table.
    3H4A2868%20copy-L.jpg

The mighty T-Rex ! Most of the displays were 50% fossils / 50% replica bones.
    I kind of doubt that there's ever been a large Jurassic age dinosaur where they've found every piece.

3H4A2873%20copy-XL.jpg

They have a huge labratory behind glass, where fossils are cleaned, stabiliized, and preserved.

3H4A2880%20copy-XL.jpg

The monstrous blown-glass sculpture that was completed in 2006 was amazing !
    And .... you could lay on a rotating ciruclar couch, and watch it all go by.

3H4A2887%20copy-XL.jpg

3H4A2889%20copy-L.jpg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    How about some more Museum photos ! :rockwoot:

My host family (the FireHawks).... busy at the coloring table.

The mighty T-Rex !

The monstrous blown-glass sculpture that was completed in 2006 was amazing !
    And .... you could lay on a rotating ciruclar couch, and watch it all go by.

3H4A2887%20copy-XL.jpg

3H4A2889%20copy-L.jpg
    Dale Chihuly. We have three of his installations in town.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Went to Cabelas to pick up a "lighter" sling tackle bag. If I'm going to be able to fish this year, I have to lighten the load or my back won't take it. Bit of a haul to get there but mission was pretty successful as I found what I couldn't at Sportsman's or Academy (even online).

Made it to Marksman Shooting Sports for a quick look. Nothing jumped out at me.

Dropped by Ben's BBQ shack https://www.bensbbqshack.com/
    and managed to get a pulled pork sandwich before they ran out. They open at noon (just Fri - Sun) and I got there about 1PM and they were just about sold out of most things already. That's apparently how good it is. They are right down the street from Big Hoffa's and they still stay slammed. Ate (inhaled it) it in the car as it was too cold outside to eat, so only put a little sauce on it so I didn't make a mess and it didn't even need it. He put about 3/4 lb on the sandwich since they were just about out and ready to close down. Sandwich and a drink $10

20240323_171211518_iOS 1.jpeg

Then I headed to Tim's Shooting Academy (Ben from the BBQ shack reminded me it was close by) to see what it was about and then headed back to my side of town.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Went to Cabelas to pick up a "lighter" sling tackle bag. If I'm going to be able to fish this year, I have to lighten the load or my back won't take it. Bit of a haul to get there but mission was pretty successful as I found what I couldn't at Sportsman's or Academy (even online).

and managed to get a pulled pork sandwich before they ran out. They open at noon (just Fri - Sun) and I got there about 1PM and they were just about sold out of most things already. That's apparently how good it is. They are right down the street from Big Hoffa's and they still stay slammed. Ate (inhaled it) it in the car as it was too cold outside to eat, so only put a little sauce on it so I didn't make a mess and it didn't even need it. He put about 3/4 lb on the sandwich since they were just about out and ready to close down. Sandwich and a drink $10

View attachment 342007

Then I headed to Tim's Shooting Academy (Ben from the BBQ shack reminded me it was close by) to see what it was about and then headed back to my side of town.
    You practically drove by my house (3 minutes from Marksman)! Next time you swing by let me know!

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

View attachment 342007

Do you deliver? We used to enjoy that place and Hoffas when the "kids" lived up the road from B2V.

1711233657421.jpeg

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    @WebSnyper

Holosun AEMS arrived today.

20240323_181212.jpg

The Height difference is due to the tall mount I used on the AEMS. The covers on the AEMS are removable and I probably will.

I think I'm going to like this on the Q HB. Typical nice Holosun circle dot with nice glass.

IF, I was looking for another circle dot for an AR, I would save a buck and go with another 510c. However, I think the AEMS will be a better match for the lighter Q HB.

Short version: You're going to like your's.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    @WebSnyper

Holosun AEMS arrived today.

View attachment 342018

The Height difference is due to the tall mount I used on the AEMS. The covers on the AEMS are removable and I probably will.

I think I'm going to like this on the Q HB. Typical nice Holosun circle dot with nice glass.

IF, I was looking for another circle dot for an AR, I would save a buck and go with another 510c. However, I think the AEMS will be a better match for the lighter Q HB.

Short version: You're going to like your's.

What the heck? You accuse me of having too much stuff and you have so much you have double up on optics????

Let me introduce you to kettle, Mr Pot. ;-)

Top Bottom