The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    @WebSnyper

Holosun AEMS arrived today.

View attachment 342018

The Height difference is due to the tall mount I used on the AEMS. The covers on the AEMS are removable and I probably will.

I think I'm going to like this on the Q HB. Typical nice Holosun circle dot with nice glass.

IF, I was looking for another circle dot for an AR, I would save a buck and go with another 510c. However, I think the AEMS will be a better match for the lighter Q HB.

Short version: You're going to like your's.
    I think I'll pick up a 510c for my AR9 if Drugs and Guns comes through properly with my AEMS order.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I love the new grips! Here are a couple of quick pics.
    f4c63ca44bfc7037bb6aa69c27c95585.jpg

3c43146e721d856f14d8c681580273ce.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    DAng - that would be a nice score....I never seem to find that stuff on GB anymore....

32-20 is a reloaders cartridge, but it's hard to find loaded ammo for it. A wide variety of handguns and rifles were made for it and it's been used to kill everything from black bears to groundhog over the many years of it's existence. Loaded up in a Winchester 1892 with a big load of powder and a heavier bullet it's well beyond the 32 Magnum.

I keep trying to get KJQ into reloading, have not convinced him yet.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Shot the Sharps carbine again today, dialing in a good BP load for it. It's a Cimarron copy of the McNelly Sharps issued to Texas Rangers but in 45-70. With 405 grain soft lead bullets and a full load of 2F BP it's nearly a foot high on the 80 yard plate, but spot on at 150 yards.

Leander McNelly was a Texas Ranger who was, like others in that organization, a man who got jobs done. Given the task of restoring order to the Nueces strip and stopping Mexican incursions he formed a group of Rangers and armed them with these Sharps carbines to help do the job. His tactics were not what we would considered civilized today, but each task he was assigned was eventually successfully accomplished, This by a man who was dying of tuberculosis.

Years later another Texas Range by the name of Frank Hamer would get a similar reputation, one wonders if the organization attracted such men or made them.

imageleander.jpg mcnelly.jpg

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Shot the Sharps carbine again today, dialing in a good BP load for it. It's a Cimarron copy of the McNelly Sharps issued to Texas Rangers but in 45-70. With 405 grain soft lead bullets and a full load of 2F BP it's nearly a foot high on the 80 yard plate, but spot on at 150 yards.

Leander McNelly was a Texas Ranger who was, like others in that organization, a man who got jobs done. Given the task of restoring order to the Nueces strip and stopping Mexican incursions he formed a group of Rangers and armed them with these Sharps carbines to help do the job. His tactics were not what we would considered civilized today, but each task he was assigned was eventually successfully accomplished, This by a man who was dying of tuberculosis.

Years later another Texas Range by the name of Frank Hamer would get a similar reputation, one wonders if the organization attracted such men or made them.

View attachment 342045 View attachment 342046
    I'm thinking the Rangers drew them to the org and then gave them the leeway and the means to do what needed to be done. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the way today.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

View attachment 342045 View attachment 342046
    You ask an interesting question....

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Went to Cabelas to pick up a "lighter" sling tackle bag. If I'm going to be able to fish this year, I have to lighten the load or my back won't take it. Bit of a haul to get there but mission was pretty successful as I found what I couldn't at Sportsman's or Academy (even online).

Made it to Marksman Shooting Sports for a quick look. Nothing jumped out at me.

Dropped by Ben's BBQ shack https://www.bensbbqshack.com/
    and managed to get a pulled pork sandwich before they ran out. They open at noon (just Fri - Sun) and I got there about 1PM and they were just about sold out of most things already. That's apparently how good it is. They are right down the street from Big Hoffa's and they still stay slammed. Ate (inhaled it) it in the car as it was too cold outside to eat, so only put a little sauce on it so I didn't make a mess and it didn't even need it. He put about 3/4 lb on the sandwich since they were just about out and ready to close down. Sandwich and a drink $10

View attachment 342007

Then I headed to Tim's Shooting Academy (Ben from the BBQ shack reminded me it was close by) to see what it was about and then headed back to my side of town.
    I only thought about stopping there at noon after sound guy duty for Palm Sunday choir practice.
    Which is about a minute and a half south of B2V’s.
    Ben at the shack is a really good dude. He always gives extra. Didn’t not know he was a gun guy.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I only thought about stopping there at noon after sound guy duty for Palm Sunday choir practice.
    Which is about a minute and a half south of B2V’s.
    Ben at the shack is a really good dude. He always gives extra. Didn’t not know he was a gun guy.
    He didn't outright say he was. I just mentioned I had come from Cabelas and Marksman and he mentioned Tim's. Maybe they are good customers of his, etc. I only had a few minutes talking to him. You would have thought he'd known me for years. Seems like a great guy.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Had the misfortune of watching the Roadhouse remake last night. Holy :poop: what a horrid, horrid remake. Acting was bad, dialog was awkward, fight scenes were terrible and most of the movie made no sense. If you haven't seen it on Amazon, don't waste your time. I wish I could get that time back.
    I hate it when that happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom