patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Morning folks

Started going through my 223 brass last night and sorting some of it out. I'm currently using Lake City and Norma brass for my 69gr and 77gr hand loads in my Howa mini action rifle. Looks like I have plenty of that brass for additional batches, at least another 150rds for each load. I was doing hand loads for the Noveske AR, but I find the process more enjoyable for a bolt gun.

In addition to getting reloading going again, I think I need to get back to practicing self-defense / CQB training along with basic rifle marksmanship skills, like using a sling in the various positions (prone, kneeling, standing) and shake the rust off so to speak. I've gotten too complacent the last few years since my focus turned more towards precision rifle shooting.
    Perishable skills. I got on a bicycle this morning and rode about a mile. Legs need work. Same problem with staying in practice on the AR. No time.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Hey-O, CZickos ! This wildfire smoke is ridiculous ..... doesn't Canada know how to fight wildfires !?!
    About as well as California! And its not so much about fighting the fire but libs preventing forest managers from managing forests to minimize fire impact. This includes prescribed controlled burns to eliminate forest floor fuel, selective timber harvest and fire breaks.

Off soapbox!

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    . A movie we all need to see.

I did a concert here in Des Moines back in the 2000's just when the Passion of the Christ came out.
    Jim Caveziel spoke at that concert.
    I got to meet him in the green room for quite a spell and then prayer with him\for him before his talk and after my music.
    He was very tall and had hands like a giant. He was an impressive fellow.

Attachments

• Caveziel.JPG
      Caveziel.JPG
      303.8 KB · Views: 17
    • 31577.jpeg
      31577.jpeg
      325.4 KB · Views: 17

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    what's really REALLY scary is I just saw a video taken from a high altitude plane above those fires.

ALL of those fires STARTED AT THE SAME TIME..!!

No lightning strikes -- No cloud cover.

I'll try and dig up that video....

anybody in here pissed yet....?
    Wow! Maybe they shouldn't have pissed off the truckers. May have a revolution in Canada b4 we get around to our 2nd one.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Mcapo’s late night gun stuff continues.

Pulled a Razor 4.5-27 off the Vudoo (gmctr’s fault) and replaced it with a Golden Eagle Vortex scope (Karen’s fault) and some new Area 419 MATCH (ok…my fault) rings.

Like everything from 419 VERY impressed with the quality. These rings are awesome but not sure I can really justify the premium. Probably would have bought a set of Spuhr Hunter rings but out of stock everywhere.

The manufacturing process is an interesting approach.

I think it has some merit though still a bit of a sales pitch. The ring are spot on concentric. I mean SPOT ON! I suspect the ring are far more concentric than the scope body though I don't have an ideal way to measure concentricity of something as large as a scope. What do you guys think? Hype or Not?

I think I’m going to like this set up…

650a24e4bee6fb49614134a3c78cd9c5.jpg

Great set up, at this rate, you can sight her in next summer

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well, back with the new Sig P365 X Macro TacOps. Pretty cool little thing as it has a magwell and extended slide release, on top of an extra mag for 4 total. Since the mags are evidently made of solid gold and painted black, that's nice (a jab at the $60 price for each). After picking this up from a super cool INGO member, went further down Rockville Rd to meet up with AllenM to pick up yet another red dot from him (this time a 507k x2) to go on this bad boy. After an embarrassing amount of time figuring out how to swap the mag release that the previous owner had made wrong handed, I'm finally good to go. Red dot is mounted and it's ready for it's first range trip... :cool:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Well, back with the new Sig P365 X Macro TacOps. Pretty cool little thing as it has a magwell and extended slide release, on top of an extra mag for 4 total. Since the mags are evidently made of solid gold and painted black, that's nice (a jab at the $60 price for each). After picking this up from a super cool INGO member, went further down Rockville Rd to meet up with AllenM to pick up yet another red dot from him (this time a 507k x2) to go on this bad boy. After an embarrassing amount of time figuring out how to swap the mag release that the previous owner had made wrong handed, I'm finally good to go. Red dot is mounted and it's ready for it's first range trip... :cool:
    Sigh...rules...pics or it didn't happen. :stickpoke:

They have so many P365 variations now, I had to look up that model. Pretty slick set of features. I like the magwell and extended slide release.

Those mag releases are tricky.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Parabellum is right there just about next to Allen.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Sigh...rules...pics or it didn't happen. :stickpoke:

They have so many P365 variations now, I had to look up that model. Pretty slick set of features. I like the magwell and extended slide release.

Those mag releases are tricky.
    Parabellum is right there just about next to Allen.

IKR, I'll take pics at some point. Yeah, almost went to Parabellum, but I was hungry so went to eat lunch instead and had to get back to lunch. I'll either hit MCF&G in the next day or two, or wait until my normal Monday range trip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom