• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I need some help finding an old video of one of the great shooting legends.
    Problem is I cannot remember his name.
    He shot an egg off a fence post at 200yds with his 1911. It was on a YouTube video years ago. I'm thinking possibly 10 years or so ago. Maybe less since my memory is leaky.
    I'm trying to find it to show my children.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I need some help finding an old video of one of the great shooting legends.
    Problem is I cannot remember his name.
    He shot an egg off a fence post at 200yds with his 1911. It was on a YouTube video years ago. I'm thinking possibly 10 years or so ago. Maybe less since my memory is leaky.
    I'm trying to find it to show my children.
    I'd like to see that too

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    IKR, I'll take pics at some point. Yeah, almost went to Parabellum, but I was hungry so went to eat lunch instead and had to get back to lunch. I'll either hit MCF&G in the next day or two, or wait until my normal Monday range trip.
    FYI looks like the bays will be closed the entire month of June. Not sure what they are doing but heard a rumor they may put on some sort of overhead structure to keep ricochets from escaping the bays. Evidently a windshield or 2 got cracked. The main range will be open.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    FYI looks like the bays will be closed the entire month of June. Not sure what they are doing but heard a rumor they may put on some sort of overhead structure to keep ricochets from escaping the bays. Evidently a windshield or 2 got cracked. The main range will be open.
    I honestly hope it's not the same overhead that they have at the back of the bay, over the entire bay as those things magnify the sound like crazy when you are standing under them and shooting.

They are nice, but just amplify the sound too much.

Makes you wonder if plate racks where the plates fall, wouldn't be an easier way to go, though they might be more maintenance than the current steel targets out there.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    :coffee:

Now I have to look up Big Apple Bagles and Dusty Margaritas... ;)
    The recipe for a Dusty Margarita is easy. You just make a margarita and put in a glass that you didn't realize that had construction dust in it. Ok, maybe it's not that easy after all given that you have to strip the drywall from a room adjacent to the place you keep your glasses.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The recipe for a Dusty Margarita is easy. You just make a margarita and put in a glass that you didn't realize that had construction dust in it. Ok, maybe it's not that easy after all given that you have to strip the drywall from a room adjacent to the place you keep your glasses.

Well, you saved me from looking that one up (or making one)... :):

I made one of my complex margaritas last night and it was delicious. I use anejo tequila instead of silver and grand marnier instead of orange curacoa. Very complex flavors compared to a regular margarita.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom