Not open for further replies.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Dentist on my Saturday and having a wheel bearing replaced on the truck on my Sunday. Plus we didn't mow last week so prolly no shooting, other than varmints, for me either.
    Been busy with my mom lately. Taking her to tests, labs, biopsies, more tests and labs. Have 2 pistols I haven't shot yet and really feeling the need to today.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    View attachment 279596
    We are in dire need of rain here in southeastern part of the state. It's really dry right now. I walk down the paths, and road around my property, and dust is kicking up as if I was in Arizona.

I keep telling people don't be starting any fires because it won't take much to get a hot fire going right now.
    I think we have about 2 more weeks of this. First chance of a change in the pattern is with the new moon.
    I kinda suspected a dry streak coming at the last new moon, but probably just dumb luck, my imagination syncing with reality for once.
    But I’ll still throw it out there, 2 weeks to any chance of relief. We’ll see.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    It's too hot for me ! .... best to stay inside. I noticed the dryness at the cabin. The surface of the meadow was starting to crack.
    I hope that ditcherman isn't correct about the rain schedule, but I suspect that he is.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I think we have about 2 more weeks of this. First chance of a change in the pattern is with the new moon.
    I kinda suspected a dry streak coming at the last new moon, but probably just dumb luck, my imagination syncing with reality for once.
    But I’ll still throw it out there, 2 weeks to any chance of relief. We’ll see.
    What did the farmers almanac say about these weeks?
    I wonder how close they predicted this weather for Indiana in the spring?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    What did the farmers almanac say about these weeks?
    I wonder how close they predicted this weather for Indiana in the spring?
    I wouldn’t know, I’ve only glanced at that thing and thought it was ridiculous. But that’s just me, has anyone else found it to be reliable?

I’m trying to channel my inner Clara Hoover. Anyone know that name? Well known sign reader and weather predictor from my neck of the woods.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This can't compete with DS's post, above, but I thought that it typified rural Indiana in the Spring ..... took the photo with my cell phone, while creeping down the backroad to the cabin.

i-G9kbbfV-L.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom