Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    One thing that I want to play with given a VM based windows installation is Win10 Lite. There are scripts available that strip out all of the uneeded crap in windows. I wouldn't run that on a live machine, but it might be fun to see just how lite I can get Win10 to go in a VM

I've heard there are versions you can download that have all the privacy stuff stripped out, but I'm wary of stuff like that being the paranoid InfoSec guy that I am... ;)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've heard there are versions you can download that have all the privacy stuff stripped out, but I'm wary of stuff like that being the paranoid InfoSec guy that I am... ;)
    As am I. I'd rather clone a known good VM and try to strip it clean myself rather than download God know's what from someone else's win_lite.iso

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Good afternoon CZ fans!

Glad the wizard and WT got some GPT today.

I took a CZ to the range today as well, my 457. Spent the time this week to check and adjust the headspace on it. Was 0.0455”, used a 0.002 shim to knock it down to 0.0435”

At the range today it seems to be more consistent and maybe just a slight improvement in group size.

5 shot group of the day (50 yds) with Center X 1685739116826.png

But SK Rifle Match won the day with the most consistent groups averaging 0.463” and the lowest standard deviation (range 0.437-0.507”).

Got some Eley Match delivered today so will try it out next week.

Happy CZ shooting all!

Attachments

• 1685739155518.png
      1685739155518.png
      1.9 MB · Views: 2

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I am sad to announce that the SGE will not be held this year. Unfortunately @mcapo has been swamped (trying to work his a** off to pay off all the guns he has been buying) with work, sometimes being your own boss is a b***h and I picked up the ball too late to get something worked out for this year. But have no fear, I am already starting to work on things so we can resume our normal programing in April 2024!

In the meantime, we can get smaller groups together as folks have availability to meet and we still have the FGE to look forward to (@patience0830 let me know if there is anything I can do which includes coming down in the weeks leading up to it to help set things up).

I can have up to 5 guests at a time at my club in Atlanta if any want to meet there sometime. The weekends are pretty full but there are times when there are openings (can see calendar here: https://www.atlantaconservationclub...de=2&SelectedDate=7/2/2023&CalendarViewType=1). PM me if you want to meet out there sometime as my guest.

CZ

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    For those interested in swag:

I do not like INGO being represented with a grenade at all.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    At least I finally made "Karen" status. :lmfao: :ingo::patriot:
    I was starting to wonder if you were EVER gonna get there. . . .

I don't have any problem being represented by grenades. I've thrown exactly 5 real ones on the range and I don't want to be in the same room with one, un-spooned, but if the gubmint has them we'll need some eventually. Keep track of where they're kept.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    I was starting to wonder if you were EVER gonna get there. . . .

I don't have any problem being represented by grenades. I've thrown exactly 5 real ones on the range and I don't want to be in the same room with one, un-spooned, but if the gubmint has them we'll need some eventually. Keep track of where they're kept.
    Wow!!! They cut that back to 2 in 1998…..but Clinton was President….more money was spent on stoggies than defense…..thus the tomahawk missiles in Afghanistan that sparked Osama Bin Laden and 9-11-2001….but never fear, got to throw several more in a place affectionately referred to as BFI.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Howdy Y’All!

Summer Fest downtown Lebanon tonight around the court house square. It’s just a short walk from our house so we walked down with the boys. Daughter is at Grammy’s for a few days doing all the Grammy stuff. At the Summer Fest they had a mechanical bull set up so of course we made both boys try it. Our youngest loved it and did surprisingly well!

1685759123274.jpeg

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Found a litter of kittens belonging to the cat my wife has been feeding. Ended up catching 3. Going to keep one, that I fell in love with. 2 problems,

1.) I need to think of a name
    2.) I can’t decide if I’m now a cat burglar or a kitnapper.

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpeg
      IMG_1101.jpeg
      573.1 KB · Views: 12
    Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Morning ... should be a nice weekend

View attachment 279430
    Screenshot_20230603-030409_The Weather Channel.jpg
    We are in dire need of rain here in southeastern part of the state. It's really dry right now. I walk down the paths, and road around my property, and dust is kicking up as if I was in Arizona.

I keep telling people don't be starting any fires because it won't take much to get a hot fire going right now.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Found a litter of kittens belonging to the rest my wife has been feeding. Ended up catching 3 Hobbs keep one that I fell in love with. 2 problems,

Sounds like you already named it Hobbs. As in “Calvin and Hobbs”?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Morning all... :coffee:

Found a litter of kittens belonging to the rest my wife has been feeding. Ended up catching 3 Hobbs keep one that I fell in love with. 2 problems,

Any name you want. I've had George, Morris, Denver, Precious and Carmel, so people names work in most cases. Or something cool like storm or tabby or whatever meets your fancy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom