• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I do now. The FNS-9 is all I really need but I still love my Sig Sauers too. Maybe I will sell some and maybe I won't.

For those who wonder about the teeth thread, I do not have enough to sell to afford the implants. If I did, I would get things out there to be sold.

Something tells me you really like your FNS-9. I am tempted to give it another go, but am really satisfied with the 20+ pistols and revolvers I have now. I bought the FNS-9c I think it was. I really liked everything about the pistol, but I had way too many malfunctions. Must have gotten a bad one. Traded it for a Glock 19. I really wanted to like that pistol. The ergonomics did not work with my hand. Sold it in about 2 weeks.

thedreamer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2015
    Delaware County
    I know you said no Glocks... but for me I love my Glock 19. The only thing I have found I shoot better are 1911s and for my budget and needs they are too expensive to carry. That being said, the next 9mm handgun I plan on buying is a 9mm 1911. Not sure if it is the best or not, but it would be fun to have as a range gun.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I understand that Glocks are the best for some folks but they feel wrong in my hand. I even went to a LGS to try them again this week, it felt wrong in my hand. IDK what it is but they don't point well or feel good in my hand. :dunno:

At this point, I really do like my FNS-9. It is great and I like how it shoot.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I understand that Glocks are the best for some folks but they feel wrong in my hand. I even went to a LGS to try them again this week, it felt wrong in my hand. IDK what it is but they don't point well or feel good in my hand. :dunno:

At this point, I really do like my FNS-9. It is great and I like how it shoot.

Shoot a 509... a refined version of the FNS

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    PCR!

29172245620_a4a437fc0f_c.jpg

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Beretta 92fs/M9. The slide racks like it's on ball bearings, super reliable, feels good in my hands and I shoot it great. Lots of after market parts if you want to customize it including Wilson Combat. It's also the best looking handgun ever made, no plastic gun comes close. The military thought enough of the M9 to use it for 35 years.

You think the fact that it was MUCH cheaper than the P226 was relevant in their decision process? Recall, the P226 also passed every single bit of Phase 2 testing and was fully qualified for selection as well.

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    You think the fact that it was MUCH cheaper than the P226 was relevant in their decision process? Recall, the P226 also passed every single bit of Phase 2 testing and was fully qualified for selection as well.

I'm sure reliability and cost where both very important. From what I've read Beretta agreed to sell the military support parts at rock bottom prices which sounds like a good business move to land a huge contract. Exactly how "MUCH" cheaper was Beretta than Sig per gun?

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    Exactly how "MUCH" cheaper was Beretta than Sig per gun?

Well, retail the Beretta is roughly 28% cheaper than the Sig.

Not sure what the contract pricing was, but I'd guess it was still somewhere around 20% cheaper, and then if Beretta is supplying parts dirt cheap too.....there you go. Why do you think so many police departments went with Glocks in the 90s? They were practically giving them the firearms. Turned out to be a good bet for the LEAs since the Glock ended up being a good firearm, and it worked wonders for Glock, giving them instant credibility.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    WOW a couple FM fans.......... FNS-9 , FNS-9 C, FNS 9 Longslide - those alone is tough enough to choose from - easiest to get all 3, after getting the compact I drop the standard fullsize, but still have 2 longslides (each with cleaned up 5lb triggers)
    I haven't run a 509 yet , I'm sure soon enough. so to me those are the best - and not a Glock, but my favorite is my old Smith 5906, and ask my wife she'll tell you her Colt Comp 1911 in 9mm is the best ............ to each his own

GlockDoc

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Henry
    HK VP 9. I was a Glock fan until I shot the VP 9. Now I own one and will be purchasing the VP9SK soon. IMO the best trigger on the market.

Chris S

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    Chesterton
    the fns is a very nice gun. I like the the different mag length options as well as just feel in hand. FNH really did a nice job with these.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It is a nice looking pistol. Might have to put that on my list. Not going to get anything too soon but it is on my list.

I do like my FNS-9, a whole lot. Three magazines and a great trigger and sights!
    mxC3SSN.jpg

Top Bottom