• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My favorite 9mm pistol is the only one I own.
    CZ75 SP-01 Shadow out of the Cajun custom shop. It is right next to me as I type.

I recently sold the CZ P-09 much to my regret's.

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I've been very pleased with every CZ 9mm that I've shot. I was eyeing a rami last night to add to the collection. Sadly, I didn't walk out of the store with it :(

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Over the years, I've bought and sold maybe 50 to 60 handguns and in that time, I've decided that CZ makes the best 9mm pistols. Choose just about any of them and it will compare well against everything else in its class. For .40, it's Glock all the way. As much as I'm trying to love .40 CZs, Glock has given me the best .40 carry experience to date. In .45, it's hard to beat a 1911. I own and carry Glocks in .45, but for the sheer joy of shooting, it's tough to beat spending a morning at the range with a 1911 and a big box of .45.

and anyone worrying about stopping power just remember Native Americans used to take down woolly mammoths with just a tiny arrow traveling about a hundred feet per second

They were obviously trying hard to preserve the tusks to make grips for us future 1911 owners. Dang nice of them too.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    and anyone worrying about stopping power just remember Native Americans used to take down woolly mammoths with just a tiny arrow traveling about a hundred feet per second

They probably got killed by the woolly mammoth, a lot.

Cbrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2017
    brownsburg
    I'm going to vote for the tried and true Beretta M9. I have literally put thousands of rounds through one of these and I'm sure the owner before me did the same and I have never had a problem with it, only issue was a faulty magazine which made the slide stick.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I'm going to vote for the tried and true Beretta M9. I have literally put thousands of rounds through one of these and I'm sure the owner before me did the same and I have never had a problem with it, only issue was a faulty magazine which made the slide stick.

M9 here as well. Issued one as a US Army M1 tanker back in the day, carried it for weeks on end during field problems. Finally got one for myself last summer. Smooth shooter, accurate and never jams.

100Xkid

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    kokomo area
    I have had several 9mm, a Springfield 1911 9mm, Hipower,226, 229 Glock 17,19 and19c, and from the first 9mm XDs to the XDM 5.25 and then I got myH&K VP9. I have found the greatest 9mm handgun for me. It fits my well carries well in a IWB d shoots like a house on fire.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm not a huge 9mm fan, but I own a few. Poly frame striker fired is my platform, and this is my favorite:

W4748eR.jpg

If I was gonna drop some coin for a BBQ gun in 9mm:

ZPij9DM.jpg

shootinit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    NE
    IN RESPONSE TO 223 GUNNER: I have been a Kahr fan since the first cm9 I bought. It has a great trigger for a DA striker. I have easily fired 550 rounds of all kinds of 9mm ammo. No problems whatsoever. And the trigger just keeps getting better. When I showed up for qualification a month ago, everyone just looked at me like "why did you bring that thing". It was made for me. I just simply kit what I shoot at with it. Mag changes are quick and clean and the I (eye) site has become my favorite. I rarely am off line to the right or left If I do my part. I am going to get hammered but I sold my Glocks. I had them all. Even a G24gen3. I tried all kinds of triggers for the Glockd and just could not get consistant with them. They are a great gun. Just not for me. I was weened on early S&W revolvers. That will mess you up. Short smoothe pull with a break to die for. I still own and shoot them but carry a K40 Kahr. Again because of the trigger and low recoil. I can shoot hot Underwood .40S&W 165 Grain loads at just under 1300fps. with fairly quick follow up shots and double taps. I can't seem to find a better flatter shooting combination. I can easily hit target at 100+ feet. That evil looking thing is my range toy.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
      IMG_0153.jpg
      58.7 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_0155.JPG
      IMG_0155.JPG
      326.1 KB · Views: 10
    Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I feel fortunate to have the ability to buy anyone of dozens of really good 9 mm handguns. When it comes down to the "nut cuttin" I'd be able to use any one of them without much complaint. The fact of the matter is that there is such a huge selection, I can get really, really picky and pick the one that I like the best, based upon the profile, the weight, the sights, the capacity, the color and trigger action, among other considerations. When you think about it, I can behave just like a spoiled rich kid!:cool:

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I feel fortunate to have the ability to buy anyone of dozens of really good 9 mm handguns. When it comes down to the "nut cuttin" I'd be able to use any one of them without much complaint. The fact of the matter is that there is such a huge selection, I can get really, really picky and pick the one that I like the best, based upon the profile, the weight, the sights, the capacity, the color and trigger action, among other considerations. When you think about it, I can behave just like a spoiled rich kid!:cool:

This is no kidding. I've learned that nearly every new production pistol will outshoot me. Glocks fit my hand just fine even after I spent 10+ years complaining about them. We are in the golden age for 9mm semi autos.

On topic tho my favorite 9mm is the CZ 75. Not the best at everything, but averages out to be my favorite pistol across the board.

Lwjones2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Vincennes
    Of the 9mm handguns I have owned the S&W 929 is the best. I thought a revolver needed to be included. Have not owned the high end 1911s but I think you would be hard pressed to find a nicer 9mm dollar for dollar than the 929.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I would say Browning P-35 or Hi-Power. It was the first "high capacity" 9mm made. Ergonomic grip, of course out of the box, the sights, and some minor work may need to be done for reliability.

Top Bottom