• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I don't get keeping Joe out of sight unless they are going to replace him at the convention. There's a lot of work to do and not a lot of time. Replacing him will leave the chosen candidate with even less time unless they are already working on it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't get keeping Joe out of sight unless they are going to replace him at the convention. There's a lot of work to do and not a lot of time. Replacing him will leave the chosen candidate with even less time unless they are already working on it.

Joe can't even complete a sentence, and on the off chance he does, it's usually some incredibly racist and tone deaf remark.

They want him as far away from cameras as possible, and for his campaign to simply be "Not Trump."

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    There is no valid reason not to. The candidates, moderators and even any audience can socially distance and/or wear masks as desired.

If Biden's handlers decide that he shouldn't appear in person (very possible), then he can appear on a screen vs. Trump in person (almost certain) and let that be the visual that is created- one afraid of being in public and largely incoherent and the other both willing and able to act unafraid and willing/eager to describe what he has and will do for the country.

Joe Biden has taken Obama's "leading from behind" to it's logical conclusion. He is now the "hindmost".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is no valid reason not to. The candidates, moderators and even any audience can socially distance and/or wear masks as desired.

If Biden's handlers decide that he shouldn't appear in person (very possible), then he can appear on a screen vs. Trump in person (almost certain) and let that be the visual that is created- one afraid of being in public and largely incoherent and the other both willing and able to act unafraid and willing/eager to describe what he has and will do for the country.

Joe Biden has taken Obama's "leading from behind" to it's logical conclusion. He is now the "hindmost".

I think a virtual debate would be a bad idea. While I think it would be tough for someone as far gone as Biden is to pull off, he could appear wearing a hidden earpiece and have someone feeding him ways to answer questions or even have someone off camera/filtered out of mic feeding him answers or ideas. I don't think he could pull off a good showing, but he might pull off a better showing than he would live and it might help disguise just how out of it he really is

IMO the thing to remember about Biden is people are really electing his VP to 2 1/2 or 3 years as president

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think a virtual debate would be a bad idea. While I think it would be tough for someone as far gone as Biden is to pull off, he could appear wearing a hidden earpiece and have someone feeding him ways to answer questions or even have someone off camera/filtered out of mic feeding him answers or ideas. I don't think he could pull off a good showing, but he might pull off a better showing than he would live and it might help disguise just how out of it he really is

IMO the thing to remember about Biden is people are really electing his VP to 2 1/2 or 3 years as president

I wonder if we are at the point in technology where the DNC could create a "Max Headroom" Joe for a virtual debate and have somebody else answer the questions but it would appear that Joe was answering them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Just a couple of observations.
    1) It's NPR
    2) "Here is how Singleton — who has been a vocal critic of Trump

1) NPR's more neutral than most.
    2) I've been a vocal critic of Trump, too.

And, that's kind of the point: are we the party of conservatives, or the party of Trump?

Why is it assumed uncritically that the GOP is the racist party?
    I'm not assuming that at all.

[STRIKE]Thoughtful question: Is the GOP the racist party, or the party of racist?[/STRIKE]

Nope. I already know the response.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    1) NPR's more neutral than most.
    2) I've been a vocal critic of Trump, too.

And, that's kind of the point: are we the party of conservatives, or the party of Trump?

I'm not assuming that at all.

[STRIKE]Thoughtful question: Is the GOP the racist party, or the party of racist?[/STRIKE]

Nope. I already know the response.
    I can't really agree with #1. They are extremely biased from what I see of their stuff, and I am not a huge fan of trump.

Your crossed out question is not so. It is no more either than the other party, unless of course you've bought into only whites can be racist. In fact, I would say that the progressives that say all whites are racist are in fact racists. Judging someone inferior based upon the color of their skin seems like it would qualify.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just a couple of observations.
    1) It's NPR
    2) "Here is how Singleton — who has been a vocal critic of Trump

1) It’s true enough NPR will present the news from a left slant. The author assumes that the GOP typical position is a racist one, and that’s partisan nonsense.

2) You say that as if being critical of trump automatically makes him untrustworthy. Everyone should be critical of every political officeholder. Just because we vote for a candidate doesn’t mean we have to hold his **** when he pees. But perhaps you meant critically unfair or partisan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom