• ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm actually shocked by Dem vote.

I'm not, after they started being shipped to blue cities and people got some first hand experience with the disaster, they were pretty quick to re-evaluate their views of it. The difference is they hate anyone that isn't in their blue city, and wish this kind of destruction on them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The other day I heard Gov. Abbott being interviewed. During the course of the interview, either he or the interviewer mentioned he was over in India at that time. Today one of talking heads I listen to said the reason he’s in India is to promote H1B (?) visas…to promote foreigners coming over to Texas to take jobs.

(At least they’d be coming legally, I suppose).

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The other day I heard Gov. Abbott being interviewed. During the course of the interview, either he or the interviewer mentioned he was over in India at that time. Today one of talking heads I listen to said the reason he’s in India is to promote H1B (?) visas…to promote foreigners coming over to Texas to take jobs.

H1B visas are a scam and used too often IMO. I've seen them used and abused in the tech sector and would rather see them repealed rather then increasing.

Reactions: DCR

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Tech wanted ads in the 90s asking for 5 years experience in ABC software, which was invented 2 years ago. Wahhh we can't find people to work for us, can we have some H1B visas so we can hire them from overseas at half what we're paying our current programmers?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I worked at Lilly's and half or more of the scientists and secretarial class in Indy were H1B back in 2009,with more every year.
    It was a subject of concern when I was doing some work in Cali in the 90s. Don't know if things have changed, but at that time an employer had to certify they couldn't find a domestic employee with the necessary skills and sponsor the H1B visa holder. If the employer withdrew that sponsorship, the visa holder had to go back home (usually India at that time), he could not directly seek employment other than with his sponsor

What it did, and all of the employers knew this, was give you access to engineering talent that were essentially indentured servants. They would offer low salaries so they could say they could not attract domestic engineering talent and then after they hired H1Bs at depressed salaries those engineers could not shop their talents to other employers for better wages. The whole set up seemed designed to depress salaries for engineers

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Take?

More like fill jobs. Have you tried hiring engineers?!
    While defense contractors can't hire foreign nationals, maybe it will take the pressure off.

And hey congress: How about we get some more resources for amnesty courts?
    Rather than having all these "refugees" sitting on their butts for years because we won't let them earn a living, let's determine if they really belong here as productive members of society or if they need to be deported back to Dirkdirkistan.

But no, solving problems doesn't get votes, so nothing's going to change. :n00b:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Take?

While defense contractors can't hire foreign nationals, maybe it will take the pressure off.

Rather than having all these "refugees" sitting on their butts for years because we won't let them earn a living, let's determine if they really belong here as productive members of society or if they need to be deported back to Dirkdirkistan.

But no, solving problems doesn't get votes, so nothing's going to change. :n00b:
    Duly noted.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Tech wanted ads in the 90s asking for 5 years experience in ABC software, which was invented 2 years ago. Wahhh we can't find people to work for us, can we have some H1B visas so we can hire them from overseas at half what we're paying our current programmers?

It's all a scam. I remember a couple decades ago there were big articles about how Intel couldn't find US workers for some specific engineering tasks. They just had to bring people in from other countries. I have always felt that it was incumbent upon Intel (and other tech companies) to work with colleges to make sure those skills are taught and that students have internships where they get the necessary experience. Or I don't know, have the trained employees train the unskilled employees, like pretty much every other employer does... :rolleyes:

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country

I've lost all empathy for any innocents and the collateral, especially the way those entitled m*th**f*****s look so inconvenienced that they are attempting to be stopped from illegally entering our sovereign nation.

The US Gov would hold their kids in higher standing than mine, yours, your grandchildren, your nieces, your nephews, or your friend's children.

The post WWII American sphere sowed empathy for the innocent. We were the only culture in the world to play by those rules. It is time to move past that as the trash from failed nations will not improve our own. These invaders do not want to be Americans but want milk and honey of our generosity.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Take?

Isn't that what legal immigration is?

Top Bottom