• dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Interesting take from a liberal consulting firm;

"What we found

Overall, non-native Texans were much more conservative than the state as a whole, and some moved to Texas explicitly because of its conservative politics."

Last edited:

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County

What we found

Overall, non-native Texans were much more conservative than the state as a whole, and some moved to Texas explicitly because of its conservative politics.

I hope this is true. I have been to Texas many times, and if I ever move out of Indiana it would probably be to Texas.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Not sure what dc can do in this situation other than complain to big media. I don't see them sending US regulars to face down the Texas guard over this. Maybe they will sand the FBI in to arrest Abbott.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Can you imagine what this country (and our economy) would look like if:

Instead of NAFTA we'd actually secured our borders in 1994? Made, and enforced, significant criminal penalties for hiring non-eligible workers? Kept blue collar wages at the same ratio to CEO pay as existed then?

Good on Texas, and I mean that, and I hope it helps that local area. For the overall issue, it's too little, too late, and we've all paid the price for the 'job creators' to keep having access to cheap and disposable labor.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I posted this over in the bussing illegals thread before I realized that this thread existed.

As I understand it, the Texas National Guard, altho already patrolling, seized Shelby Park, which is city and therefore state land. The fed border patrol was cutting Texas-installed concertina wire barriers, letting illegals thru and using the park to stage illegals for further processing and transportation. Texas had already obtained an 5th circuit injunction against the federal government for cutting concertina wire.

The border patrol union posted a tweet saying they support Texas in this move.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel

"What we found

Overall, non-native Texans were much more conservative than the state as a whole, and some moved to Texas explicitly because of its conservative politics."

Ted Cruz said he thought he beat Beto because of the influx.

Texas should just declare independence and wall it off from north to south. I'd move back.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

"What we found

Makes sense. I moved to Indiana from Illinois due to politics. (And given what Illinois has done in the last year, I got out just in time!) People are more likely to move to places where they feel welcome than to places where they feel prosecuted.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The border patrol union posted a tweet saying they support Texas in this move.

I've posted this before, but I think it bares a repeat in this context. My unit was assigned to assist Border Patrol for 2 months as part of JTF-6. I believe it was 1998, but it could be a year +/-. We were Combat Engineers and we would spend a month building a fence and a month riding with BP alternatively. This was in Douglas, AZ. Relevant to this statement:

The BP heavily recruited us while we were there, come work for BP after the Army, no college degree required, pension rolls over, etc. Literally none of us did. Not one. The job just looked so no-win even then. Nothing you did could really make a difference even then. Catch and release even then.

I understand how bitter and cynical I sound on this topic, but it's a ****ing decades old issue that every single POTUS and Congress has ignored, actively assisted, and only made noise about when it was politically advantageous. Neither side wants to fix it, and I deleted the rest of what I typed because I don't need to rant that rant again. Few things I can't control work me up like this, and a side order of **** Bill Clinton.

Top Bottom