Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Interesting take from a liberal consulting firm;

"What we found

Overall, non-native Texans were much more conservative than the state as a whole, and some moved to Texas explicitly because of its conservative politics."

I have a brother and his wife as well as a college buddy who live in Central Texas and they say that many of the CA transplants are fairly conservative-minded and are, for the most part, fitting in just fine! Always a few 'quirks' in the crowd!

My nephew, also from CA, moved in with us, just before Thanksgiving, and he is a conservative-minded, country boy living in San Bernardino County...and didn't 'fit' there at all!

He's still 'shell-shocked' over the freedoms we have in the Midwest (aka, Indiana + cost-of-living + firearms) but he's making the adjustments and loving it!

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    If Alexander Berkman had been a better shot, Frick would have gotten there first
    And HCF would never have gotten to call AC “a g.d. thief” when Andy tried to force him out of Carnegie Steel.

Frick might have been evil, but he was never the phony that Carnegie was. And I say that as a graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University, which Andy founded.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Frick might have been evil, but he was never the phony that Carnegie was. And I say that as a graduate of Carnegie-Mellon University, which Andy founded.
    But Carnegie didn't engage the Pinkertons to storm the Homestead plant

If Berkman had stumped Frick it would have been justified retribution

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I'm looking to get out of Commiefornia, but I won't be headed for Texas. I'm looking at Tennessee, Virginia, or North Carolina. Wish me luck.
    Happiness was Commiefornia in my rear view mirror . . . 29 years ago in 1995. I cannot begin to imagine living there now. North Carolina and Virginia also have some issues depending on where you go in those states. Out of the three, Tennessee would be my pick, but definitely not Nashville!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Happiness was Commiefornia in my rear view mirror . . . 29 years ago in 1995. I cannot begin to imagine living there now. North Carolina and Virginia also have some issues depending on where you go in those states. Out of the three, Tennessee would be my pick, but definitely not Nashville!
    Or Memphis, maybe Knoxville either.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Or Memphis, maybe Knoxville either.
    Stay out of Memphis. it is a very crap town to put it extremely polite. Knoxville is a good location. Nashville is having a lot of Cali and NY republicans moving to it. It will finally be red in about 10 years or so, but very expensive to live there. And the traffic, well I don't have enough middle fingers anymore to drive there. lol

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Stay out of Memphis. it is a very crap town to put it extremely polite. Knoxville is a good location. Nashville is having a lot of Cali and NY republicans moving to it. It will finally be red in about 10 years or so, but very expensive to live there. And the traffic, well I don't have enough middle fingers anymore to drive there. lol
    I'm not sure which is the bigger s-hole: Memphis or Gary.

My company maintains cameras in several of the projects in Memphis. One of my guys finished installing a new cam and was sitting in his truck doing paperwork. Hood rat actually had the nerve to walk up to my guy and ask "So how much could I get for one of them cameras at the pawn shop?" My guy was smart enough to say "Nothing. They only work on this system here. They wont work anywhere else. (a lie)

They now do paperwork elsewhere. They only stay on site as long as they have to and then GTFO.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I'm not sure which is the bigger s-hole: Memphis or Gary.

My company maintains cameras in several of the projects in Memphis. One of my guys finished installing a new cam and was sitting in his truck doing paperwork. Hood rat actually had the nerve to walk up to my guy and ask "So how much could I get for one of them cameras at the pawn shop?" My guy was smart enough to say "Nothing. They only work on this system here. They wont work anywhere else. (a lie)

They now do paperwork elsewhere. They only stay on site as long as they have to and then GTFO.
    I would guess it depends on the day. lol They must be sister cities. lol

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Texas Air Guard SSgt with the Modular Mobile Surveillance System (M2S2). Radar/Video/Thermal sendors mounted on a pole raised from the back of a pickup. Sort of an ISR “technical.”

The system is built by Elbit Systems of America in Fort Worth. Elbit is an Israeli company.

The Border Patrol budgeted to buy some of these under Trump, and that was carried forward at least one one year into the new administration, but I don’t know if they were ever allowed to execute it

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I did not know until just a few minutes ago that Florida sent National Guard to the Texas Mexico border seven months ago. I don’t know if they’re still there or not.

The YouTube video I posted is one of the Florida news stations doing a report, but they don’t let their video be played elsewhere. You have to go watch it on YouTube to see it.

Top Bottom