• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    OK: 2600 ish rd mark. Hammer resets but trigger will not 'break'.

thread from the xcrforum.com

I thought I would post this for those who are deciding whether to try out an XCR-L or not. I have a lower serial xcr that I have put well above 2K rounds thru. I had it quit on me while at the range about 2 weeks ago, sent it in and it is now in the mail back to me now. Ending up being a couple internal trigger parts that needed replaced.

Terra at Robinson Arms is the girl to talk to! She is on the forum a lot and is always 'taking care of business' for them. It's a good company and I have only good to say about them and their product.

This has been my first AR (and will be my only) and it has lasted through my learning curve and ignorance concerning cleaning, maintenance and just plain care of this style of rifle. It always shoots all that I put in it and hits where I point. What more can a guy ask for right?

Buy with confidence, if there is anything wrong (and everything will eventually break or malfunction), RA will take care of it. They paid shipping both ways and I have not spent a dime on it.

woohoo! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I passed on one of these rifles in the past and wish I hadn't. I didn't have the money at the time but I would have managed.

Glad they did right by you!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Robinson service seems to have always been great. I have an M96 and needed a couple of parts. A call was made to them, and in less than a week the parts were in my mailbox. There was also a recall on the M96 which they turned around in what I figured was record time. Been very happy with them. Just wish Alex would support a true pro-gun republican the next election.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I mailed out the lower Tuesday, emailed with Terra back n' forth today and she shipped it out today and it will be in hands tomorrow by 3 pm.

I am impressed.

It took SA 2 weeks to turn around my M1a bolt when the roller came off of it during a marksmanship rapid fire course.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Terra is g2g, and they do have great customer service -

But it seems like more of the guns they make get sent back to the factory rather than just working in the first place. :dunno:

That's why I passed and have no desire to buy one,

People bring them to rifle courses and they're just not running.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I think the view you have is subjective as mine is as well. If I shot a Buttmaster M4forgery for 2600 rounds, I am sure it'd be sent back as well. I chose the xcr b/c it can take more abuse than the average rifle in its category. That is what I need as I am a hick and I work my stuff pretty good.

But hey, to each his own. I am sure Rock River, Wilson etc. have their returns as well. Recently I had to send back the bolt on my M1a b/c I shot it off. Lots of rounds thru that guy as well. Parts break, wear and yes, a new company has a learning curve just like an established one. Ruger can't keep the LCP on the shelf... subjective viewing.
    Buy one. You may indeed change your mind. Owning one actually gives a real opinion on one as well.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Terra is g2g, and they do have great customer service -

But it seems like more of the guns they make get sent back to the factory rather than just working in the first place. :dunno:

That's why I passed and have no desire to buy one,

People bring them to rifle courses and they're just not running.

I have heard quite the opposite,(thats why I ordered one) I think theres not enough out on the market so you tend you only hear the bad things. oh and mettle I'm pretty sure mine is being shipped with the new lower:rockwoot:

Top Bottom