• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You know damn well that was a cowardly and self-serving act. He was on the clock and will be until elected out or retirement. If your constituents are in trouble, I don't care if you stand around doing nothing but giving speeches... you stick around. Constituents pay politicians' salaries. At least act like you give a damn.

Apologizing for conservative (or liberal) politicians JUST for party's sake is weak and ignorant.
    If it was a mayor, governor, or sheriff who went on vacation while riots were going on yes I would be upset because they can change the outcome of said riot. I don't care if Biden went golfing while bad weather is on in Indiana he can't do nothing about it he doesn't work for the electric company. He can't stop the storm, I don't give a crap about them standing around making noise and unable to do anything.

Another thing never tell me how I think because you do not know how I think in fact you do not even know me.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I won't go that far, there's probably a lot of people that lurk and then something significant to them [shiny] brings them out. I've said before the Ted Cruz thing is not a big deal to me, it's ginned up media controversy, I don't see it as any shirking of his responsibility.
    Fixy

witdog2020

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Muncie
    Isn't this exactly what they are after>? The citizens inability to take care of themselves? Government dependence? The media plays on everyone's ability to think opposite creating division. I won't comment on his intentions because I don't care. The problem is too damn many people in other peoples business. He left his poodle to freeze.....Anyone hear that too? That would almost tell me he had plans to return. The next thing I'll say if you're not prepared enough for Ice to knock out power for awhile, that's on you.

There are a few exceptions- We need to take care of the elders, handicap etc.... The deadbeats outnumber them 10-1.

I'll say this, none of you would even care if you hadn't heard it from the media.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If it was a mayor, governor, or sheriff who went on vacation while riots were going on yes I would be upset because they can change the outcome of said riot. I don't care if Biden went golfing while bad weather is on in Indiana he can't do nothing about it he doesn't work for the electric company. He can't stop the storm, I don't give a crap about them standing around making noise and unable to do anything.

Another thing never tell me how I think because you do not know how I think in fact you do not even know me.
    I am not so sure about that. Biden is such a dumbass a blizzard might stop while the clouds were too busy laughing at him to snow.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know damn well that was a cowardly and self-serving act. He was on the clock and will be until elected out or retirement. If your constituents are in trouble, I don't care if you stand around doing nothing but giving speeches... you stick around. Constituents pay politicians' salaries. At least act like you give a damn.

Apologizing for conservative (or liberal) politicians JUST for party's sake is weak and ignorant.
    Oh, I dunno. I think some people just like to be outraged by stupid **** like this. Politicians generally like to do political theater at times like this. A Senator's job in a time like this is to make sure the emergency management people--the real experts--have all they need from the Federal Government. So I'll just leave the outrage to the virtue signalers.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Oh, I dunno. I think some people just like to be outraged by stupid **** like this. Politicians generally like to do political theater at times like this. A Senator's job in a time like this is to make sure the emergency management people--the real experts--have all they need from the Federal Government. So I'll just leave the outrage to the virtue signalers.
    Virtue signalers indeed! This is a manufactured controversy.

The real issue is why so many people in Texas are helpless on their own. Texans have good PR for independence but the reality doesn't seem to match up.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Poor Ted. He's really getting raked over the coals here. I still support him and recognize he is a fellow human being complete with the frailties.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I never dreamed this thread (or its subject) would have this kind of legs.

I guess asserting he did something “politically dumb” was an understatement. Naturally, his political opponents want to hang him from the highest tree. That’s why this was so dumb. He should’ve known better. Bet he wishes he could get a Mulligan. You can defend him for a lot of things, but being this politically dumb probably isn’t one of them.

Yes, there’s manufactured outrage, virtue signaling, accusation of abandoning his responsibilities, etc., but the bottom line is all he really did was be really... politically dumb.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    The real issue is why so many people in Texas are helpless on their own. Texans have good PR for independence but the reality doesn't seem to match up.

Let's add a bit of perspective. Bexar County (San Antonio) and Harris County (Houston) together have the same number of people as all of Indiana... your statement is probably a bit broad, don't you think?

There are some people who have never seen anything like this, and shame on them (a little bit) for not being better prepared. Just like Indiana, there are some folks who are at the mercy of state infrastructure. I don't blame the person living in an apartment in downtown San Antonio for not having a back-up for a power grid failure.

ElPoopador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2021
    Carmel
    I am somewhat underwhelmed by your "logic". What, exactly, is a US Senator able to do about the weather? Or the Texas State electric grid?

My reaction is - the fewer politicos around, the less the situation will get f-d up worse.
    I agree with you on the sentiment that politicians mess good things up, and that less politicians, or better yet, less powerful politicians would be better for our country.

How to make those changes is an astonishingly complex question.

Anyone have thoughts?

shipwreck113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2016
    Fishers
    How dumb, how tone-deaf can someone be? He may have just cost himself reelection. How in the world does someone leave his post in the middle of a natural disaster, particularly for Mexico? His apologies don’t really ring true to my ears. He got busted. And he probably should have.
    You kind of sound like a democrat. What the hell is a Senator supposed to do? He came back to his state once he saw there were problems. I'm not sure what you think Ted can do to help. Stop being a media whore and forming your opinions on what they tell you to believe.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    You kind of sound like a democrat. What the hell is a Senator supposed to do? He came back to his state once he saw there were problems. I'm not sure what you think Ted can do to help. Stop being a media whore and forming your opinions on what they tell you to believe.
    Have you read the entire thread, including my most recent post on this page?

Newtire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2019
    Star
    How dumb, how tone-deaf can someone be? He may have just cost himself reelection. How in the world does someone leave his post in the middle of a natural disaster, particularly for Mexico? His apologies don’t really ring true to my ears. He got busted. And he probably should have.
    Trying to make it look like he's doing public service loading a "charity" box into a car in an empty parking lot-an obvious attempt at him trying to make himself look like a humanitarian. His credibility is out the window. He can't be trusted to tell the truth. I don't want some idiot like him in charge of things like my 2nd amendment rights. He would sell his own mother if it meant being reelected.

Newtire

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2019
    Star
    I hear this kind of logic used a lot these days. Just because someone recognizes the truth doesn't make him a Democrat. Fer crying out loud!

Top Bottom