• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I dug out some Remington SV and loaded a few clips up. My TX22 ate them no problem. I also have no problem with CCI SV as well. It likes stingers, and them hyper velocity CCI segmented rds too. Winchester 555 white box HV. I haven't found a round it doesn't like except Agulia Super Colibri which I didn't expect to cycle and it didn't. But I experimented just to see. I usually use that rd in my rough rider or single shot 22lr.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Picked up the competition model a couple weeks ago and so far excellent results.. Very accurate and eats everything I've thrown at it.. You guys having functioning issues make sure your mags aren't binding.. Out of the box i had issues with 2 of the three mags but after disassembling and tinkering everything is working great. Comp model is considerable heavier than the standard model and has a completely different RCA. Appears to be a heavier spring with tungsten guide rod but the slide is lighter so the heavier spring would make sense. Frame from the standard model is identical to the Competition. I can post pics of the differences if anyone is interested?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Picked up the competition model a couple weeks ago and so far excellent results.. Very accurate and eats everything I've thrown at it.. You guys having functioning issues make sure your mags aren't binding.. Out of the box i had issues with 2 of the three mags but after disassembling and tinkering everything is working great. Comp model is considerable heavier than the standard model and has a completely different RCA. Appears to be a heavier spring with tungsten guide rod but the slide is lighter so the heavier spring would make sense. Frame from the standard model is identical to the Competition. I can post pics of the differences if anyone is interested?
    Where did you find one?

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Comp had a metal, appears to be tungsten recoil spring guide rod as well as a barrel that's at least 1/2" dia. VS about a 1/4" barrel on the original TX.. Optic mounts low enough to allow co-witness with standard sights and doesn't move which is not something I'm used to. Taurus was really thinking
    Yeah, I really want one. I have a lot of fun shooting the regular TX22. I mounted a Vortex Venom on it but wast really happy with how high and clunky the dovetail adapter plate sat. I'll move it over to the Competition model and return the Standard to iron sights. I have a rimfire can in NFA jail so that will just make them both more fun when it gets released.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Evidently the ability to edit is turned off at some point, for some reason I can't edit my last post so I"ll add here.. I was thinking about the Glock 48 MOS co-witnessing with the factory sights, the TX comp does not co-witness but optic does mount very low.. Another 100 rounds down range today with some really old Rem golden bullets without a hitch... this equipment is a joy to shoot.

Latewatch

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Henryville, IN
    Love my TX22. Mine has been extremely reliable with anything I've fed it so far. Have someplace close to 1500 rounds through it. Mostly Federal bulk pack, CCI mini mags. and some Remington subsonic. Would love to pick up a Competition model in near future.

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    How many rds total do you have through your TX22?

They say 400-500rds HV for brake in. After that If it isn't cycling I'd send it back to Taurus explain the problem see if they can fix it.
    Less than the 500 mark. Much fewer jams after switching ammo.

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Mine has been good even with cheaper federal black pack and some golden bullet, after some initial teething problems during a what I'd consider a bit of a break in period. How many rounds through yours? What ammo is causing issues for you.
    Golden bullet, which I have had for several years. Best luck with mini-mags

mikesouth12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    that’s interesting to hear. I’ve had exact opposite experience. Mine has eaten everything without fail. It is the one thst always gets the Ammo my more expensive 22s don’t like and it has never failed me. I’d say a safe estimate of 9-10k through it.
    That's impressive. I probably just need to run more rounds through it. Still a fan of the gun.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I picked up the comp model a few weeks ago... has some heft to it compared to the standard model. Plan on sighting it soon and running it at the next steel shoot. I've got a little more than 1200 rounds through the standard model with no more than 4 or 5 hiccups running bulk pack Federal & Aguila.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    Mine is as accurate, if not a bit more accurate that some of my centerfire pistols. However if refuses to shoot the Fed 36 gr HP bulk without keyholing. This is with a clean barrel too. At first I thought that it was me at 25 yards, missing the bull by 6 inches or more. Then I moved the target to 7 yards and low and be hold keyhole plane as day. I had known these were not accurate but seeing the keyhole proved that it was the ammo. I also tried three different lots of this ammo, same results. Shoots CCI 36 and 40 gr perfectly, along with most other ammo. I use copper washed to keep the leading down, but Fed auto match lead 40 gr shoots fine. This is one of my favorite guns to shoot, and I love shooting marshmallows and making them hop and explode.

Oldschool1911s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    NWI
    Lots of buzz around about these so here is my detail /ama thread.

I waited for the no external safety model and ordered the first I found available. Thumb Safety is an option to though.

Reliable reports from all of my competition buddies, I'm in recovery from some medical nonsense so I've only barely got to stretch its legs. No issues in the 10 mags I ran. No problems on 6"plates at 15 yards. Long term reliability is yet to be seen.

Out of the box, is a very ergonomic design with no edges or wear points to note.
    HUK4qGr.jpg

Sights are acceptable 3 dot with windage. I have a request into Dawson, if enough people that inquire they will make comp sights

ZAuHlWI.jpg

In the box. 2 16rd mags, how awesome to finally have some real capacity in 22 pistols. thread adapter, this is cool. Flush with the protector on and 1/2 with it installed.
    5Eh7C6O.jpg

Breakdown is simple and the machining /molding is beyond typical taurus.

PEbePRy.jpg

Accessories mounted for fun.

3o8MdMy.jpg

Ergo is very similar to my vp9, maybe a little more round but they draw to sight picture identically. Vp9l for comparison.

p5XxS6A.jpg
    Very good post! That's exactly what I needed to hear about that firearm. I wanted one and was going to pick one up and they were out of stock. They had the Glock in stock and I ended up picking it up only because I have a mod 19 and so the Taurus ... I guess I kinda forgot about. So I am glad for your review! I am back on track to get one. Thank you for the info.

Top Bottom