• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ive got over 400rds through mine haven't cleaned it yet. Haven't noticed anything wrong accuracy wise yet. Most has been lead some copper Coated. I better look down my barrel.

linuxhack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2020
    Clarksville
    I just picked up a TX44 as my first 22. Could someone explain the best way to verify that I got a good barrel? I don't really have any point of reference to compare to.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just picked up a TX44 as my first 22. Could someone explain the best way to verify that I got a good barrel? I don't really have any point of reference to compare to.

The best way is with a bore scope. I posted some pics from mine earlier in the thread. See message 122 (pics by gmcttr), message 131, and message #136.

If it is bad you will when shooting you will see a loss of accuracy as the lead builds up. Mine started keyholing rounds. When you clean it there will be a lot lead deposits in the barrel. The machining in these barrels (I have 2) is awful. Chattering, tools marks and just very rough.

Another thing to look for that you might be able to see by eye is if the chamber is concentric with the barrel. On one of my barrels it is visible to the naked eye that the chamber and barrel do not share a common center.

I really want someone to make an aftermarket barrel for this gun because the rest of it is great.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Had fun shooting a friend's TX today at Point Blank in Greenwood.
    Used CCI Blazer on a hand rest.
    I'm set to prove to the owner that my Glock 44 will shoot better, but I forgot to bring it today.
    I've done this before with the Taurus coming out ahead in a limited 1st test run.
    Eager to see what happens with these targets with the Glock 44 to compare with.

40 pts. (estimated, since I put 10 rds not 5 rds in target #1 & I didn't shoot target #3 & #7)
    0EQtBhC.jpg

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    My replacement barrel is showing to arrive today from Taurus. I called them last Monday (10/19). I will post pictures of the replacement barrel this evening.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    New barrel arrived. It looks 1 million times better. The rifling/bore is smooth with no pitting or chatter marks and the bore is way more concentric to the chamber. I am confident this will resolve the leading issues.

Original barrel:

x3ypoha.jpg

em99RwT.jpg

New barrel:

lYXJDfX.jpg

I1ODZQq.jpg

Challenger76

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2020
    South Bend
    I loved my old Taurus millennium. Thing shot flawlessly and fit my have perfect. I'd like to get a G2c for personal protection and as a spare since they are so cheap.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    New barrel arrived. It looks 1 million times better. The rifling/bore is smooth with no pitting or chatter marks and the bore is way more concentric to the chamber. I am confident this will resolve the leading issues...

I wish my new barrel looked as good as yours.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Put 405 rounds thru the TX22 today, a mix of CCI SV and Aguila SV, both lead bullets. The new barrel isn't showing signs of leading. It still doesn't like my Sig SRD22X suppressor, neither does my MP15-22 rifle, but my SW22 Victory with a VQ barrel and both my Tippmann's do well with it. So I guess the Taurus will just be ran unsuppressed.

Barrel after range trip and not cleaned yet:

MTBY3Uc.jpg

The green arrows point to some of the shots that were furthest from POA:

VJDWaiz.jpg

I immediately put the suppressor on my SW22 Victory:

Em9bF28.jpg

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    if it was any other RK I would highly recommend. The greenwood store is absolutely the worst of the four or five I go to on a semi regular basis. It’s bad enough I’ve pretty much stopped going in while in greenwood

Just a heads up, RK in Greenwood has some in stock for $269.99 if you feeling like dealing with the nitwits at the gun barn.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    that is interesting. I’m new to suppressors and only have an Inexpensive form 1 I made and hasn’t changed poi for me on the Taurus. I’ve been debating getting a nicer form 4 one but haven’t researched enough to make a decision

Put 405 rounds thru the TX22 today, a mix of CCI SV and Aguila SV, both lead bullets. The new barrel isn't showing signs of leading. It still doesn't like my Sig SRD22X suppressor, neither does my MP15-22 rifle, but my SW22 Victory with a VQ barrel and both my Tippmann's do well with it. So I guess the Taurus will just be ran unsuppressed.

Barrel after range trip and not cleaned yet:

MTBY3Uc.jpg

The green arrows point to some of the shots that were furthest from POA:

VJDWaiz.jpg

I immediately put the suppressor on my SW22 Victory:

Em9bF28.jpg

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Just a heads up, RK in Greenwood has some in stock for $269.99 if you feeling like dealing with the nitwits at the gun barn.

I bought my 1st gun at Greenwood a year ago, but wound up going to the Martinsville location for the 2 TX22's I bought last month. That store overall seemed cleaner and better laid out than the one in Greenwood...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    New competition model announced:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    They don't like cheap ammo. Frequent jams.
    that’s interesting to hear. I’ve had exact opposite experience. Mine has eaten everything without fail. It is the one thst always gets the Ammo my more expensive 22s don’t like and it has never failed me. I’d say a safe estimate of 9-10k through it.

Top Bottom