• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I ran across this Chinese made sight set for the TX22 on Amazon. I just wanted the front sight fiber optic so I just used it. It came packaged very good. The plastic sight is about what I expected. It fit right into place no problems. Blue lock tight on the screw threads and a 24 hour cure, and I plan on testing it out a few hundred rds.

31gynbxgo5L._AC_SY1000_.jpg

20220103_183515.jpg

20220103_183410.jpg

20220103_183333.jpg

20220103_183316.jpg

20220103_183253.jpg

I also bought two more 16rd magazines.
    Also bought one of these to see how they worked. I filled two magazines easily with it. Did I need it? No but now that I got it I'll definitely use it. It's easier, and faster to load up magazines especially when you have the grandchildren around.

I'll report back on how this sight holds up.

tude

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    ohio
    I bought a tx22 about a year ago. I liked everything about it. But now I am in mourning. I was out shooting it today and the front end of the slide broke off. After gathering up the parts I called Taurus. I was told that i would have to pay them $50 to ship it back to them and they would take a look at it. The service rep told me that they had never heard of this happening before and it was probably the ammo I was using. After checking on a Taurus forum I find this is pretty common occurence around the 1000 rd mark. I don't want to spend $50 for them to tell me it was the ammo. I will put the $50 toward something more sturdy that can handle 22 lr. If you have a tx22 keep check on the guide rod housing of the slide.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought a tx22 about a year ago. I liked everything about it. But now I am in mourning. I was out shooting it today and the front end of the slide broke off. After gathering up the parts I called Taurus. I was told that i would have to pay them $50 to ship it back to them and they would take a look at it. The service rep told me that they had never heard of this happening before and it was probably the ammo I was using. After checking on a Taurus forum I find this is pretty common occurence around the 1000 rd mark. I don't want to spend $50 for them to tell me it was the ammo. I will put the $50 toward something more sturdy that can handle 22 lr. If you have a tx22 keep check on the guide rod housing of the slide.
    I'm well past 1k in mine no problem with the barrel or slide. It's been perfect.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Indiana Firearms in Lebanon had a few tx22 mags yesterday. I grabbed one and left a few for someone who might need an extra. If you haven't stopped in there I highly recommend them. Nice guys with a small but good selection and decent prices.

If anyone has a Glock 29, they have some used but look new mags for $15 each.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    After hearing so much about these I have a few on my watch list on GB. Wish there wasn't such a price jump between the 4" and 5" models, but it will just be a range toy, so 4" will be fine.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    After hearing so much about these I have a few on my watch list on GB. Wish there wasn't such a price jump between the 4" and 5" models, but it will just be a range toy, so 4" will be fine.
    The trigger has a very short reset and it's a nice crisp break. You can empty a 16rd magazine really fast if you want to.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The 5" is the competition model with the optic mount, etc, so that drives up the price.

That said, like everything else both models seem to be at prices a good bit higher than they were when these first came out.

I really like my TX22. I have the regular 4" model. I really wanted to get one without the manual safety, but finally bought the one with the manual safety when it became available locally at a price I couldn't turn down.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The 5" is the competition model with the optic mount, etc, so that drives up the price.

That said, like everything else both models seem to be at prices a good bit higher than they were when these first came out.

I really like my TX22. I have the regular 4" model. I really wanted to get one without the manual safety, but finally bought the one with the manual safety when it became available locally at a price I couldn't turn down.
    I've seen several on GB just under $300 (so they'll be just over 300 with shipping and transfer fee).

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

$300​

$299 as well, and like this one a bit better. These are showing as SHOT show daily deals, so not sure how long they will stay at this price for these variations.

Another variation as well: https://palmettostatearmory.com/new...e-22lr-pistol-midnight-bronze-1-tx22141l.html

Last edited:

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Thought I would add a little update. I have now had the tx22 for over two years and have shot thousands of rounds through it. (Exact round count lost but I would estimate 3-4k rounds) this thing has been downright amazing for a rimfire semi auto. It's functioned well with everything I have fed it. The malfunctions have been limited. The last 1k(ish) rounds I have shot without cleaning it. I did this intentionally to see how it would effect the gun. Well it didn't, still ran great! If I can ever find a competition model I will be adding one to the collection.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thought I would add a little update. I have now had the tx22 for over two years and have shot thousands of rounds through it. (Exact round count lost but I would estimate 3-4k rounds) this thing has been downright amazing for a rimfire semi auto. It's functioned well with everything I have fed it. The malfunctions have been limited. The last 1k(ish) rounds I have shot without cleaning it. I did this intentionally to see how it would effect the gun. Well it didn't, still ran great! If I can ever find a competition model I will be adding one to the collection.
    I've got 650rds on mine without cleaning it. I've lubricated it with a drop on the rails before my son and DIL started.

I tried to take a picture of the inside of the barrel but I can't figure out how to with my phone It just blurred up.

Slonsteady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    My experience with the TX22 has been good but with some issues. First off I will say this gun is fun to shoot and carry while hunting. My original threaded barrel is junk.

It would keyhole some rounds and the rifling was rough. I got it to shoot well with certain types of ammo. I could never get Taurus to just send me a barrel, so I bought a replacelemt non treaded on Taurus’s web site for $50.00 and it has been a tack driver with all ammo ever since. My TX22 is a unique training pistol that no one else offers with the features I need. I found buying a new barrel acceptable to me but a ding on Taurus for sure.

Next, at the end of last year, Taurus was offering a complete slide for $99 and I bought this too. It is my custom to buy spare parts for all my guns, so this was a good deal to get a slide, striker, springs and sights for this price. I do the same to varying degrees for my S&W, Ruger Glock and Beretta firearms too.

My advice is to pick up spare parts as all mechanical parts if used will eventually wear. $90 bucks isn’t too bad to get your gun back into service. IMHO.
    Good luck.

Top Bottom