• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    I'm a huge fan of the TX22. I have approximately 3,000 rounds through mine with maybe 2 jams at the initial range trip. My only complaint is the finish on the gun isn't very durable. I conceal carry the gun quite a bit and the finish on the gun has more wear and tear then it should giving its age and use.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the TX22. I have approximately 3,000 rounds through mine with maybe 2 jams at the initial range trip. My only complaint is the finish on the gun isn't very durable. I conceal carry the gun quite a bit and the finish on the gun has more wear and tear then it should giving its age and use.
    The slide is hard anodized black aluminum. It's just not going to be as durable as a steel slide with a DLC finish, for example. Aluminum tends to show "scuffs" and scratches due to the surface finish being more porous. Good thing, it shouldn't rust.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I love my TX22, but I wish I could have found one w/o an external thumb safety...I just hate safeties on anything that isn't a 1911 (sorry, but I don't own any HiPowers). Such a great feeling gun. Shoots awesome. Never wanted to own a Taurus, but I'm proud of my TX22 purchase.
    If you want to get crafty, you can remove the manual safety without impeding function of the gun. There are even 3D printable plugs to fill the hole.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    The slide is hard anodized black aluminum. It's just not going to be as durable as a steel slide with a DLC finish, for example. Aluminum tends to show "scuffs" and scratches due to the surface finish being more porous. Good thing, it shouldn't rust.
    Honestly, as long as it doesn't rust then I'll be a happy camper.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Took my TX22 to the range for the first time yesterday. It was "okay". No malfunctions or anything, but I'm not crazy about how it feels in my hand. It feels like a toy gun to me. I like the feel of my Buckmark much better. I haven't decided whether I'll keep it or move it along yet.

22LRFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 9, 2022
    East Central Indiana
    Something to add. Last week I had a issue with one of my newer TX22 prematurely locking back. It was doing it on every magazine. A buddy of mine suggested I could be over oiling the gun. He shared a video of a guy on youtube that had the same problem. Sure enough, I put to much oil on the gun. Once I addressed the issue, it started running like it should. Here is to trouble shooting when it works out. lol :cheers:

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Took my new to me tx22 to outdoor range today. Mainly just function checks on a couple guns and using old already shot targets, but here is the target from 8-10 yards. Two mags. Center of bullseye was untouched before the tx22. Not saying all 32 went there and not a flyer or two but enough hot to punch a decent hole.

These guns are shooters and pretty much on par with basic target pistols IMO. I wish I kept a log of targets like doddg but from memory it easily outperformed Glock 44, Walther p22, smith mp22c.

Attachments

• 8FBD0249-A785-4BBC-BC28-D3469520CDDC.jpeg
      8FBD0249-A785-4BBC-BC28-D3469520CDDC.jpeg
      99.8 KB · Views: 10
    Top Bottom