• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I learned to Eat peanut butter on burgers several years ago when we ate at Scottys Brewhouse.
    They called it a Shuman special.
    Peanut butter,Fresh Jalapeono pepers slices and chedder cheese.
    I add Sweet Baby Rays.
    Try peanut butter stew. Fantastic

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Decent Burger at Bubba's in Clarksville, but don't even Try to have a Conversation!
    Loudest Place in Southern IN.
    Guess I'm getting Old, but the Only Time we'll go there is when we can sit outside.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I initially read this title as "Tallest cheeseburger in the State" and just thought "What an odd metric"

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I learned to Eat peanut butter on burgers several years ago when we ate at Scottys Brewhouse.
    They called it a Shuman special.
    Peanut butter,Fresh Jalapeono pepers slices and chedder cheese.
    I add Sweet Baby Rays.
    ALWAYS got the Shuman Special. Shame they all closed down.

Grillerz in Ninevah (near Atterbury) has something similar - it's a burger with a fried egg, jalapeños and a Thai peanut sauce. Superb.

Reactions: KG1

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I must like my burgers like the ladies. Cheap and thin. Nothing fancy on them just blue jeans a tee shirt and boots. (Well on the ladies.) Or ketchup mustard and relish.

The lemon drop in Anderson.

if I am going to pay for an expensive burger might as well go for burnt ends or some BBQ sandwiches. Just me but burgers are not designer duds just food for the masses.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I must like my burgers like the ladies. Cheap and thin. Nothing fancy on them just blue jeans a tee shirt and boots. (Well on the ladies.) Or ketchup mustard and relish.

The lemon drop in Anderson.

if I am going to pay for an expensive burger might as well go for burnt ends or some BBQ sandwiches. Just me but burgers are not designer duds just food for the masses.
    My Thing 2 loves The Lemon Drop.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Wifey took me for a lunch at Longhorn Steak house. Have had their steaks were tasty, so ordered a basic cheeseburger, with bacon and ketchup. Very good burger! Dinner salad was fresh, croutons weren't like little bricks, frys too were very good.
    I don't dress the burger too much, like to savor rhe beef taste.
    Tried Chili's too. Buger was also very good, frys tasty, salad was little small, but fresh.
    Longhorn gets my best vote though.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Heinnie's in Elkhart.
    Ask for the Claybaugh.

Fat Cam's on Garver Lake.
    Double Fatty is a 1 lb burger.
    And their postings are finger linking good.

Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My list in no particular order; Wendy's Baconator, BW3 All American Burger, wife's smashburger from the blackstone, Quarter Pounder w/cheese. Photogenic foofoo burgers that look "AMAZING" in the photos or touted by those best of lists or just over the top are typically a huge letdown and at a huge price.

5 Guys is usually our plan C or plan D for an unplanned lunch out, I don't understand all of the hype that surrounds them and their prices are WAY out of line for what you're getting. Some of the best burgers I've ever had usually come from some greasy spoon mom and pop place where you don't want to know what goes on in the kitchen. :nailbite:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some of the best burgers I've ever had usually come from some greasy spoon mom and pop place where
    Probably only a few on here know about it, (@bcannon @Mgderf ) but I used to love Budge's Burgers when I lived in Lafayette.

Just a walk-up place that is seasonal, but good greasy burgers!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    The clowns burger is pretty static, never found one really bad or really good, all about the same. Just an excuse to get some of those fries.;)
    It is consistent. That’s how they built their model so well. IMO if you don’t eat McD’s for a few years and then try one it’s just horrible, keeping it off of my list. But that’s just me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Probably only a few on here know about it, (@bcannon @Mgderf ) but I used to love Budge's Burgers when I lived in Lafayette.

Just a walk-up place that is seasonal, but good greasy burgers!
    Indeed.
    Budge's is as much an icon in Lafayette as "Mutt-n-foam" (Dog-n-Suds).
    Budge's is so busy during the summer hours that it takes too long from the average weekday lunch.
    Great burgers, and fantastic malts.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Indeed.
    Budge's is as much an icon in Lafayette as "Mutt-n-foam" (Dog-n-Suds).
    Budge's is so busy during the summer hours that it takes too long from the average weekday lunch.
    Great burgers, and fantastic malts.
    I used to live on Hartford, within walking distance. I keep meaning to get up there to meet bcannon for lunch sometime but haven't made it yet.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    You would need the skills and jaw of Kamala to take a bite of it. Pass.

You can not go wrong at the Beef House. All the food is great, even the burgers. It is nice to live less than 20 minutes from it. :)
    No where near as good as they were 20 years ago. Covid lead them down a path that has run a lot of their business off. Let alone all the illegals in the kitchen…

Top Bottom