Taqueria robber shot dead by patron. video /bad shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So a litigating lawyer would have to come up with a richer target....
    What kind of gun did the shooter use?

I wish I was joking.

Does the restaurant have insurance? I'm betting so. In 24+ years of tort litigation I think I have been involved in 2 cases where personal money was involved rather than insurance money only.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I wonder if Texas has a law against shooting a dead body? I'm pretty sure bad guy's respiratory had ceased prior to the final shots.
    Maybe.

PENAL CODE

TITLE 9. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND DECENCY

CHAPTER 42. DISORDERLY CONDUCT AND RELATED OFFENSES

Sec. 42.08. ABUSE OF CORPSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person, without legal authority, knowingly:
    (1) disinters, disturbs, damages, dissects, in whole or in part, carries away, or treats in an offensive manner a human corpse;
    State Jail Felony

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    What kind of gun did the shooter use?

I wish I was joking.

Does the restaurant have insurance? I'm betting so. In 24+ years of tort litigation I think I have been involved in 2 cases where personal money was involved rather than insurance money only.
    I forgot about the gun. Which he took with him so unless they find them maybe that’s out. :dunno:

I did think about the restaurant but I’m wondering how much liability insurance they have. I don’t know if there’s a minimum required by Texas law, but I’ll bet that’s what they have.

ETA: The restaurant appears to be part of the local chain, So may be a little more money there than the usual mom&pop shop.

Last edited:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Without questioning the shooter... Did shooter know robber? Did shooter set up robber to make shooter a hero? You can come up with other scenarios to question motives.

I would want more information before actually judging the incident. My take based on what I've seen.

I could see the first 4 shots being no issue.

Shot's 5-8, I can reasonably judge the shooter may not have seen the gun fly from the robbers hand.

Then he picks up the robbers' gun and shoots them in the back of the head. WTF???

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    From above link...

“The person he shot was in the process of committing robbery and consequently his use of force in defense of himself and innocent third parties is completely justified in Texas,” said former HPD officer, now lawyer, Thomas Nixon. “He was reasonably in fear of serious bodily injury or death.”

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wow, you must have gotten the advanced enhanced video we don't have.

Didn't need high res video just eyes Mark 1. It's not queueing up because it's age restricted, but go to 1:25 of that video and say that is anything but the shooter picking up the robbers gun (which you can later see in his left hand) and then putting a round into the robbers head.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Some are concerned about the number of rounds fired.

Precisely, how many rounds are justified, when your life is threatened, and you fear you might die?

Yes... as many as it takes to end the threat.

When anyone here, is in this situation, please share exactly how many rounds were fired, how many hit the intended target, your state of mind, your thoughts in the moment, what type of gun the robber had, the color of the robbers shirt, etc.
    I'm betting all of your answers are incorrect, until speaking with law enforcement and your attorney.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Didn't need high res video just eyes Mark 1. It's not queueing up because it's age restricted, but go to 1:25 of that video and say that is anything but the shooter picking up the robbers gun (which you can later see in his left hand) and then putting a round into the robbers head.

I think the only debate is whether the last shot...after the shooter clearly picked up the gun, was a body or head shot.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Must be nice being a criminal in the USA so many freedoms and rights awarded to them.

I was going to make it purple but sadly I don’t think it is needed

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Firing a shot after the robbers gun was picked up by the shooter, and then the shooter shoots again?

First 4 - I get it
    Second 4 - I've never been in a situation that required using a gun
    Last shot - overkill

Does this make the guy a criminal? I don't know.

I am wondering how this will be played, not only by the prosecution but the media's response to the final verdict. There is allot of great comments here. Looking forward to what happens next.

Top Bottom