Taqueria robber shot dead by patron. video /bad shoot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Not sure if the shooter will be ok or not. Might be a few rounds too many after the robber is down. What do you think?
    Please lock if a repost.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think that last shot was a bit much.

But I'd need more details to pass judgement. What if they were all FMJs and he wasnt adequately stopped? What if that last shot was in response to the perps gun being raised?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Yeah, I would think the coup de gras would put him away. And yes I don’t know how to spell it.

schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    Or maybe the first couple shots were very effective, and the latter shots were only at a hunk of meat... How can you prove either way? In Texas.. I think he will be fine... At least I hope so. He just saved the taxpayers a $100K+ ($1M?) bill cause you know they would have to pick up the medical coverage while the perp was in custody.
    --Rick

Lpherr

Occupied
    I think he would have been ok until the guy hit the ground. Those last few shots while he laid there might get him some time. I am sure his adrenaline was going and he just wanted to make sure he stayed down.

Personally, if on a jury, I would let him walk.
    And the jury selection process will ask the favorite color. You know, to weed out any 2A, conservative supporters.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I think he would have been ok until the guy hit the ground. Those last few shots while he laid there might get him some time. I am sure his adrenaline was going and he just wanted to make sure he stayed down.

Personally, if on a jury, I would let him walk.
    What did HE see? What did HE perceive? Given the same exact facts and circumstances known to the citizen at the time of the shots, would a reasonable person come to the same conclusions? We get the benefit of of a nice camera view. The citizen (and the rest of us for that matter) only has a couple of degrees of angle for focus (arm outstretched in front of your face and put your thumb up. That is about as wide a field a view your eyes can focus on, the rest is peripheral). Now add stress and his eyes could have easily focused on a small area of the suspect that could appear to still be moving.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The new Twitter definitely seems more hard line. LOTS of support for the shooter and not much for HPD.

Maybe not the way I would have liked for it to play out, but meh. Dude made his choice and discovered the consequences. Not a single person that wasn't robbing a restaurant took a round from ol boy. Weird how that works.
    I can tell you that if that was a police officer doing that (maybe off-duty), indictments would be certain.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What did HE see? What did HE perceive? Given the same exact facts and circumstances known to the citizen at the time of the shots, would a reasonable person come to the same conclusions? We get the benefit of of a nice camera view. The citizen (and the rest of us for that matter) only has a couple of degrees of angle for focus (arm outstretched in front of your face and put your thumb up. That is about as wide a field a view your eyes can focus on, the rest is peripheral). Now add stress and his eyes could have easily focused on a small area of the suspect that could appear to still be moving.
    I can generally agree with this but see below.

“I don’t know how to detain someone. He came in waving a gun at everyone. I shot him. He moved, and since the firearm was still in reach I shot again to eliminate the threat of harm to myself and others.”

Maybe?
    The shooter had picked up the robbers (fake) gun prior to the last shot. IMO first 4 shots completely justified, next 4 maybe a bit iffy, last one... I'm thinking if they find out who he is that last "good clean finishing shot" may get him in a tad bit of trouble.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The shooter had picked up the robbers (fake) gun prior to the last shot. IMO first 4 shots completely justified, next 4 maybe a bit iffy, last one... I'm thinking if they find out who he is that last "good clean finishing shot" may get him in a tad bit of trouble.
    Perhaps. It will come down to the details of the shooter's statement. Hell, did he even realize he picked the gun up?

Top Bottom