• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I am so sorry to hear this, SD. Chewy may have been a pain in your A$$ but he was your PITA! I have had so many cats over the years, and it is hard as they all are getting older. I know this pain all too well having lost five in the past couple of years. My hubby HATES cats, but doggone if he doesn't go find a piece of limestone that is supposed to be in my rock gardens and chisel each of them a headstone. I am going to need more limestone pieces I'm afraid with four of them 17 and older now.

It never gets easier losing them, but Chewy was obviously loved and had a wonderful home with you and your family. You can tell a lot about a person by how they treat their pets. Your post made me cry, but you are blessed to have had that little guy in your lives. RIP Chewy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I can relate. I was in the stupid little dog club too x 3. Atlas , Pepe' & Ginger. Stupid little dogs. RIP Chewy.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    View attachment 47440 Last picture I took of him a few nights ago. He's now under his favorite tree. Thanks to everyone for the kind words. You have all made my day a little easier to handle , for that I thank you. . . Stupid little Ingo.:ingo:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Sorry for your loss. They definitely tug at our shoe strings as pups and our heart strings when old.......just be happy that he went out on his terms and peaceful. A little easier when God makes the choice for us. May you both find happiness in knowing that Chewy was loved and had a good life. I know if you are like me, today you have a massive hole in your heart.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    th_A272D958-D046-48AE-B929-FF05FCDA8E17_png_zpszq3fqemw.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Among with everyone else, I too offer my condolences. Our pets really become a part of the family, with their own personalities that are recognized by all. I used to joke around with another member about his old dog. After I became a dog owner, I realized that God had protected me from a couple of bloody noses.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    It was difficult to read through this thread , I am very sorry for your loss as I am doggy daddy myself . Always think of the good times and how much joy chewy brought into your life during his 12 years as part of your family.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    So sorry SD. The lil mutts walk right in take over and steal your heart. I am giving my Charlie and extra belly scratch and ear rub in memory of lil Chewy. Please consider give that much love to another pup. He will never be Chewy but he will be himself and he will steal your heart too. You have a big heart and plenty to spare my friend.

RIP lil guy. You were loved!

Snipercop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    SS Indianapolis
    Right there with ya. I recently lost, Joker, my Rottie. He was my best friend for almost 13 years. Had to put him down due to bone cancer. He was truly my best friend. Though he was an extremely masculine dog weighing in at 140 pounds, I had a similar experience with the cat that I saved and my wife insisted on us keeping. It was her cat, not mine! I have grown extremely attached to this little booger since Joker has been gone. I insist to all my friends that it is still her cat, but he is clearly mine. He sleeps on my pillow, my footrest, my side of the bed and will search the house looking for me. Still... her cat. I said I would never own a cat, but after Joker was put down, we made Roscoe an indoor cat and he has adapted well to a climate-controlled environment with access to an outside crapper that he uses and food and water available 24/7. I have recently purchased toys for him, treats, cat beds, feathery things for him to bat at, and catnip. Though he is still her cat, I will miss him terribly when his time comes just as I do Joker. I feel your pain.

Top Bottom