• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    In no particular order: Oil and integrated oil services, Precious metals mining, Dry Bulk Shipping, Uranium

It's a wild ride but the up days are bigger than the down days.

:spend:

Last edited:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    How you guys holding up? Market has been tough. It don't get no harder than it is right now. If you can make money in this market, you can make money in any market. I still am not buying stocks, other than trading NRZ and I sold most of it last week. Still just scalping options....I have been pretty much playing SPY options only and staying in cash. Waiting for market to crumble.....we may get a nice pump before SPY falls again.......but I think market has huge crash by early 2023. I mean like 20-30% down from highs......better be on your game or you will lose 10-15 years of gains in days, when it starts, but NONE of us know when that will be with any certainty.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Rode SQQQ to 5.75% and then rode a dip all the way back down, then back up to +.5something and cashed out.

Oil and ocean shipping is doing OK, if you can handle the volatility. Uranium crashed 30% and may not have hit bottom yet.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    IMy broker moved away from several stocks I have been pretty much into for a long time. I moved out of ruger with a nice gain. GE has been great since I purchased it and I took the profit a while back but did not get out completely. I will let GE ride down to where I got back in a few years ago now and not worry much. He say’s he has faith in GE long term now but was worried when I had him buy it for me.

I asked him to move me into military and food stocks. He did some already and is moving more time to time. He is very good at timing stuff even when I think it is not a good time. Hey he has to earn his worth somehow.

I tried some penny stocks on my own and you have to be so quick that even my notifications and constantly watch every break and lunch is not enough. I surrendered but did not lose many of those long shots just did not hit that sweet spot on them.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Commodities would be a better place to be if the larger market weren't dragging them down as well.

Will be a great place to enter the market once it does settle.

Might not happen until regime change...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I stopped looking at my holdings. Just happy that interest and dividends are reinvested. If I did look, I would just check the number of shares which are going up as the total value goes down. Eventually if the USA survives King Barack's third term things should go up.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I sold all my crypto and bought a Jeep Cherokee project. I have more confidence in that making money than I do crypto, lol. At the very least I will have fun restoring it and will have a useful vehicle once it's up and running.

I also bought some Amazon. Will be interesting to see what it does after the split. If it splits.

Other than that, I have all my money in mutual funds. I will just ride that. It will all work out in the end...hopefully.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm building positions in bull ETFs at the moment while they're way down. Looking for a long term hold there. May possibly be several years till the next good bull run

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I think we get 1 more nice rally out of the SPY........then get ready for a "generational waterfall". I am still just scalping....and getting very angry. Last week I bought SPY options 1 day, paid $1 each and bought 10 contracts......got down 20%, $200.....it came back and I sold them for $1.55, $550 profit......they kept running and broke $7 after I sold. What I sold for $1550 ran to $7500, in 3 hours. Made me sick, left over $6000 profit on the table.

Then yesterday same thing happened. I bought, immediately went down 40%, almost sold for a loss....waited and made 15%.....I bought at 85 cents, sold at $1 and they ran to $1.80 after I sold......it is hard to hold when you get way down and get a chance to get out with any profit.

Not for the weak of heart. It is hard to time a market, I sometimes think a person is best to just ride it out....CPI numbers in half an hour. Should set the tone for today.

There are still bargains in the market.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Will this week bring us more pain or rally time? From a friend of mine......

Keep an eye on this potential development.
    * subprime loan and auto loan defaults ticking up
    * bundled deceptively (to gloss over true risk)
    * backing bonds
    * assets behind the loans poised to lose value

If the above 4 elements don't give you pause, you probably weren't in the market before 2007-2008.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Only marginally lower gain than last week...

View attachment 201692
    You still in SQQQ? My buddies love trading them SQQQ options. I have never messed with them, I am more of a SPY or SPX guy.

On another note......any of you ever tried using options to pay for a stock in 1 year? Here is an example of my new strategy I am trying. Example.....you buy say 1000 shares of Ford stock for $12.50, you immediately sell 10 contracts of $13.50 covered calls for .25 for a $250 credit, that expire next week. Then next week, if stock does not go over $13.50, I keep the $250 and sell same calls for 2 Fridays out......continue this every week until shares are either free in 12 months.......or stock gets called away.

Worse case.......the stock falls and you are down on shares but continue to lower cost of shares by continuing to sell calls. Best case...you collect the $1000 a month for 12 months, and own the shares for free. If the stock would bounce $2 in a week.....you would probably get stock called away, but you would still collect the premium and make $1 a share profit.

I have a few stocks I am looking at doing this with......AAPL is another I am thinking of doing this with.

You all have thoughts on this?

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    You still in SQQQ? My buddies love trading them SQQQ options. I have never messed with them, I am more of a SPY or SPX guy.

On another note......any of you ever tried using options to pay for a stock in 1 year? Here is an example of my new strategy I am trying. Example.....you buy say 1000 shares of Ford stock for $12.50, you immediately sell 10 contracts of $13.50 covered calls for .25 for a $250 credit, that expire next week. Then next week, if stock does not go over $13.50, I keep the $250 and sell same calls for 2 Fridays out......continue this every week until shares are either free in 12 months.......or stock gets called away.

Worse case.......the stock falls and you are down on shares but continue to lower cost of shares by continuing to sell calls. Best case...you collect the $1000 a month for 12 months, and own the shares for free. If the stock would bounce $2 in a week.....you would probably get stock called away, but you would still collect the premium and make $1 a share profit.

I have a few stocks I am looking at doing this with......AAPL is another I am thinking of doing this with.

You all have thoughts on this?

I buy in and out of SQQQ and have made a lot of money doing so.

I think I've done two options trades and lost about 6% of my life savings in the process.

Top Bottom