• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I'd avoid making any investments and check on any you have made, at the moment...

0dQ5px1.png

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Unless you are short....

I went short two weeks ago. Things like SQQQ i picked up $17.68-17.89(now $19.36 and it looks to have another 5%+ gain today...so doing well). Not sure I will sell that position for sometime,as I expect the next few months,possibly year to do well. If it drops to 18 I will sell it(and pick it up again at 17.50,but doubt that happens in the next 6 months. Unless the dollar weakens substantially,then I will exit all positions and move into more hard assets that I can hold.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    fire.jpg

sqqq.jpg
    Can not borrow your way out now(talking to tech).

Forced selling likely. I expect this to continue. Monday will be "interesting"(in the Firefly sense, hope not to end up like a leaf on the wind).

I sat on the sideline for the last 6 months.
    See I realized it was a pie eating contest and the prize was pie. I just watched as they stuffed themselves(with debt,hopium,geen shoots,unlimited PE and buybacks)pie. Now I am simply betting on when the puking starts and how much weight they lose.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    View attachment 300762

View attachment 300763
    Can not borrow your way out now(talking to tech).

Forced selling likely. I expect this to continue. Monday will be "interesting"(in the Firefly sense, hope not to end up like a leaf on the wind).

I sat on the sideline for the last 6 months.
    See I realized it was a pie eating contest and the prize was pie. I just watched as they stuffed themselves(with debt,hopium,geen shoots,unlimited PE and buybacks)pie. Now I am simply betting on when the puking starts and how much weight they lose.
    My wager has been doing well. Up 22.8% since the above post on Sept 21st. Still not budging,and staying short for a long time. I set some things up to sell if they went lower by more than 5% just to guard what I have made.

Before when short it was a daily/every other day buy and sell an hour before the closing bell. Now I am in it longer term. We have a bank crisis(banks are losing money on every home loan under 7% right now...way worse than the 2008 crisis,and that turned into a 17 trillion bailout...this one will be worse when it snaps),debt(fed,personal,government,and corp)crisis,energy crisis(due largely to our massive record exports and the Biden EPA).

Add to that possibly the worst administration in history and the millions of insane bureaucrats on mostly leftist power trips and,yea I am staying short.

Dollars are starting to return in an ever larger wave as foreign governments and investors sell treasuries(at large losses or just before maturity). It will cause more inflation,that they will blame anything but debt and spending.

I have been wrong plenty,and to early often. Looks like this time I was spot on.

Good luck everyone.
    sy.jpg
    At the close I was up 6.8% just today.
    After hours trading is crazy. Nasdaq 100 futures has huge volume. They are trying to defend 14,700(technical support) it does not look to be working. 14,703 at 9pm est. It broke that support before the closing bell,and regained it back shortly after the market closed with incredible volume. It is fading fast though. I would wager we open lower.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom