Lafayette, Indiana

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I'm guessing we Hoosiers just my be a little more discreet in our revelation of gun ownership. Not even, well, especially, my wife doesn't know exactly how many I have!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Really? Isn't Illinois like the 5th largest state?

Outside of Chicago, Illinois blurs into Indiana.

Ever read the ISRA newspaper? Many ads for very large gun stores in Illinois.

One of the biggest gun stores I have been in is in Illinois.

Shooting Sports Equipment, Firearms, Ammo, Handguns, Shotguns and Rifles at the Mega Sports Complex in Plainfield IL

Back in the dark days of my IL residency, I used to go there all the time. Nice indoor range facility. I still have a pre-paid 10 visit punch card with a few sessions left somewhere.

Bought a few guns from them, too.

It's a HUGE store. Imagine a gun store the size of a Best Buy or HHGregg. It's really that big.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    The results were per 100,000 people... so population has nothing to do with it. I was also surprised to see Illinois on the list and not Indiana. I personally could have carried us in 2011! :D

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    Since this is only #background checks per 100,000 people, it is not really a valid indicator of how many guns are actually in that state. I have purchased rifles at out of state gun shows. Further, when I purchase in-state, all I have to do is show my CCW license and it isn't even called in since the background check is already done.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Really? Isn't Illinois like the 5th largest state?

Some one probably already said this, but its per capita.But it worth noting that KY has eight times as many checks as IL.

I love the Montana photo: The guy with the cheap cigar stuck in his mouth while he fires a chopped down M! carbine looks Groundskeeper Carl from Caddyshack.

Sorry guys, I rarely go through a background check since I have a C&R license. I think I only did one last year and so far only one this year.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Further, when I purchase in-state, all I have to do is show my CCW license and it isn't even called in since the background check is already done.

Um, what? :dunno:

The Indiana LTCH is not a replacement for the Form 4473 / NICS.

EDIT:
    Oh, wait, you're from AR. Maybe there's some clarification required, but I didn't think anything but a FFL was a replacement for a Form 4473. And if you fill out a 4473, don't you have to call it in?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    The title is kind of misleading It shouldn't be gun owning states it should read gun buying states,as in currently buying as it is based on current numbers of background checks called in.

Top Bottom