State contractor exploring plan to add more tolls to Indiana, including 465.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    They may just be making it an issue so they can take credit for the relief we feel when they don't actually do it. We'll forget who brought it up and vote for the ones that saved us.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gov. Only exists to get into our pockets. They have long since lost relevance past running a police force picking up trash fixing the streets and schools. We need no new laws. No more regulation.
    And they do not do any of those things well. More tax revenue. That is the sole purpose now or so it seems.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If you think the Democrats would give you lower taxes and less power, pass whatever you are drinking.
    We would have 10 times higher taxes, a negative balance in the bank, and bigger boots on our necks.

Well the Republicans control both houses and have the Governorship. They raised taxes. They also didn't have the nerve to risk their political future by bringing constitutional carry to the floor. I don't see how things would be much different with the Democrats. Maybe even just a few Democrats so we have some gridlock and then someone will actually fight against the tax increases?

INgunner54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    INDOT is a joke. Our highways are ridiculous. I travel to other states quite often, and most of the time the dirt roads in other states are in better order than our interstates. I have yet to find somewhere else that has as poor of roads as ours. It would be interesting to see a spending breakdown comparison between us and other states to see how mismanaged our funds are, or if it is just a matter of our budget not being as big. I'm betting on the former rather than latter.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well the Republicans control both houses and have the Governorship. They raised taxes. They also didn't have the nerve to risk their political future by bringing constitutional carry to the floor. I don't see how things would be much different with the Democrats. Maybe even just a few Democrats so we have some gridlock and then someone will actually fight against the tax increases?

Republicans always seem in a better mood to fight for gun issues and against new taxes when they're fighting for power.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    INDOT is a joke. Our highways are ridiculous. I travel to other states quite often, and most of the time the dirt roads in other states are in better order than our interstates. I have yet to find somewhere else that has as poor of roads as ours. It would be interesting to see a spending breakdown comparison between us and other states to see how mismanaged our funds are, or if it is just a matter of our budget not being as big. I'm betting on the former rather than latter.

Try Tennessee. I was down in the western end of the state a couple weeks ago and our highways are polished gold compared to those corn cob-rough roads.

k12lts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    Jackson County
    Republicans always seem in a better mood to fight for gun issues and against new taxes when they're fighting for power.

A super majority is never good for any one except those in power. This last session was a perfect example. The Governor had to call them back for a special session just to get regular work done.

A little competition makes anyone do a better job.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

FYI, a comparison of road conditions by state. Spoiler- Indiana ranks 13th on this site. Road Condition good statistics - States compared - StateMaster

Indiana ranks 4th on thestreet.com comparison of states.
    So personal experiences aside, the grass is always greener.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gov. Only exists to get into our pockets. They have long since lost relevance past running a police force picking up trash fixing the streets and schools. We need no new laws. No more regulation.
    And they do not do any of those things well. More tax revenue. That is the sole purpose now or so it seems.

How about the stupidity of one branch of government issuing fines against another branch of government?

IDEM fines City of Kokomo for not filing a permit.

IDEM fines city $20,500 | News | kokomoperspective.com

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    $500,000 for the study, $9,100,000 to make sure the results are what the politicians want them to be.

That's the first step in any "study", determine the outcome the holder of the checkbook desires. The 2nd step is to formulate a plan of action that will facilitate those results. The third step is to present their "findings" to the holder of the checkbook in a reasonable amount of time commensurate to the size of the check.

Political Bullshiit 101!

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    How about the stupidity of one branch of government issuing fines against another branch of government?

IDEM fines City of Kokomo for not filing a permit.

IDEM fines city $20,500 | News | kokomoperspective.com

but when INDOT is doing work on I69 IDEM turns a blind eye.......200ft x 200ft wide 45ft deep hole dug with 2.5 million dollar drill in it and flood comes......all the water was pumped out hydraulic oil, diesel fuel,battery acid and anit-freeze into Dry Branch creek then ran into Plummer creek then White river....

no fines no work stoppage..... the white boom is it sticking out of the water...

2uqdgyr.jpg

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I have no problems with toll roads on new roads and bridges.

Having to pay a toll to drive on a road that my taxes already paid for and my gas tax (supposedly) pays to maintain is bullcrap.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Lawmakers already said that 465 is absolutely off limits no matter what because they claim they are primarily interested in collecting tolls of out of state drivers and through trucks. Methinks this mention of including 465 is a bit disingenuous/clickbait-ey. They know that would be something NOBODY would want, and will get people riled up. They can spin the other interstates a charging many out of state cars and through trucks. But 465 is mostly locals navigating across town.

In the end when they approve every other toll road and leave out 465, they will use this as a gift and say "look what we did for you; We kept them from adding tolls on 465! Arent we the best? You are welcome, peasant."

And I agree. We should have tolls OR gas tax. You cant have both, you double dipping sonsabi...es!

Top Bottom