• ...and so much more!
  • JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    A friend of mine has several rental houses in Owensboro. After someone is so late on their rent they become squatters. He sends his handyman over and removes their front and back doors telling them they are being replaced. After a couple of days waiting for doors they usually move out quietly.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I hope he stays away from brick walls where one might fall through his skull.

Somthing very dictator like in his communist speach patterns. Yes...This is the people we are defacto allowing into our Country. Lock up your Daughters Lock up you Wife and stay locked and loaded at all times. I keep hearing there will be something big before the election....I dont know about that but being prepared never hurts.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Lol at all the members saying they would murder a squatter. Such internet bravado.

Well it tends to get annoying when people who swear an oath to protect people on the sex offender registry will arrest you for defending your home from intruders.

And then try to convince you that non-resident aliens should be accepted into local departments.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    It has been a lot of years now but my friend had an experience similar to this. He bought a old farm house in the country Fountain County IIRC and then had to take a job over in Illinois too far to commute. He started renting it and then the renter stopped sending money.
    He called the renters phone and did not recognize the voice so asked for the renter's name.
    "He is not here."
    My buddy Bob, " When will he be back?"
    "He doesn't live here any more."
    Bob, "Who are you?"
    "I live here now, who are you?"
    Bob, "I own the house."
    "Then I live here if it is alright with you."
    Bob, "Start sending me money every month and you can live there."
    Worked out pretty well, the guy sent him money and lived there several months before moving out. It was funny because people love living there until fall then would move out because it was too expensive to heat. Normally they would move out owing rent and take everything they could carry. I remember one time going to check out the house and as normal they had taken all the light bulbs and toilet paper. This time was special, they had dug up the TV antenna tower and took it also. Jim.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well it tends to get annoying when people who swear an oath to protect people on the sex offender registry will arrest you for defending your home from intruders.

And then try to convince you that non-resident aliens should be accepted into local departments.
    I'm not sure who you are referring to, but that doesn't sound like any officer I know.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I'm not sure who you are referring to, but that doesn't sound like any officer I know.
    I believe he is referring to the videos of homeowners getting arrested for trying to remove squatters in their house by either confronting them or changing the locks. These videos are in New York and Los Angeles, so not likely to happen here anytime soon. However, some fear an Overton Window situation, that coupled with the video of that illegal telling his followers to break in and live in vacant houses is what is sparking this current round of "around the office water cooler" thread.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Lol at all the members saying they would murder a squatter. Such internet bravado.
    Most of us never have, and hopefully, never will have reason or opportunity to murder someone in cold blood. But the urge to end somone who usurped something as personal as a residence you've worked to own for the benefit of your family is understandable. Standing before them and filling them with huge bloody holes for a property crime takes an amount of coldness that is difficult to muster. Being required to do that as part of your job is asking a lot and your skepticism is understandable.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I guess I'm failing to see how this isn't Breaking and Entering? (when it's a residence/home)

Somehow the "staying" part negates the initial B&E? I don't get it...

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess I'm failing to see how this isn't Breaking and Entering? (when it's a residence/home)

Somehow the "staying" part negates the initial B&E? I don't get it...
    I have often asked but have not received a satisfactory answer to the question, when does B&E end and squatting begin?

The discussion last fall…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Why wouldn't squatters be immediately arrested for possession of stolen property then if they have a legal lease they can prove their innocence and go after the accuser for wrongful accusations?

Possession of a stolen stereo was good enough to get arrested for possession of stolen property back in the day…

Top Bottom