• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    We have two homes on our street that are owned by folks who only occupy them a couple of times a year; one is only two doors down the street. We also have a worsening homeless/immigrant "problem", so I expect this to be coming to my neighborhood soon.

It's developing problem nationwide, with law enforcement stymied by the rule of "law".

Question is, how to deal with it? Moving to another area is not a viable solution, the problem is nationwide.

The level of belligerent entitlement in the first video is astounding. It certainly brings out my "white rage"...

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I wonder if there is anyway to "flag" an address from getting utilities like power, water, etc similar to a credit freeze.
    If not there needs to be. I have the deed to my property in my safe, I'm not sure from these events even that would protect me from this.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I wonder if there is anyway to "flag" an address from getting utilities like power, water, etc similar to a credit freeze.
    If not there needs to be. I have the deed to my property in my safe, I'm not sure from these events even that would protect me from this.
    Sadly you no longer get deeds from the county. When we paid off our mortgage we only have the statement from the lender and our county tax receipts to prove its ours.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Until the fire they start in the family room to stay warm gets out of control....
    Well, since we're almost to the summer months that shouldn't be an issue.

Wonder if you could also totally board up all the windows and doors, essentially sealing the 'vermin' inside...

Again, asking for a friend :shady:

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I winterize our place, shut off everything between times that we are there. But I believe there are some owners that just leave the water on, heat set to 48° for their convenience when they return. Either way, once a squatter is in, your home is in huge danger of suffering some sort of damage if not being destroyed.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That must have been an impressive village if it was going to require a crew and machinery to remove. :)

It was hard to think about people living in that place, a mobile home, old houses, and several sheds on a few acres of ground literally covered in trash. The crew did a very good job of cleaning up. I'll use them again if the need comes up again.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was hard to think about people living in that place, a mobile home, old houses, and several sheds on a few acres of ground literally covered in trash. The crew did a very good job of cleaning up. I'll use them again if the need comes up again.
    Wow. If you don’ mind me asking, how did this come to be?

Top Bottom