• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    There are several threads about the show Sons of Guns. Its been hashed over and over that the show is becoming a soap opera with fuzzy to inaccurate gun information being presented.

The episode on 18 January 2012 has reached a ridiculous low. The owner comes off as an emotional jerk that continues to make bad decisions and miss manage his employees. Steph, what can I say, a hot mess. This last build with the AR using a piston system vs gas and touting it as a brand new invention is absurd. Chris appears to be totally incomptent and the owner now says he loves him.

I'm done, I will never watch this poor excuse for entertainment again. This has become a soap opera that should not appeal to anyone that knows anything about guns. Its border line insulting to gun enthusiasts.

I have no idea who this show appeals to, but it has no appeal to me whatsoever.

Good bye Sons of Guns and good riddance.

Rant Off

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I too used to be a fan. After a couple of episodes, I simply couldn't take the tv-bs.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    watched most of a holiday marathon one weekend and you could actually see it deteriorate from episode to episode from what started as a fun show about guns to a soap opera that had guns in it somewhere.

if it started out good, that means they changed it to improve the ratings meaning there are people that WANT to watch that.
    american chopper = bad
    boyd coddingtons show = the same as american chopper but cars not bikes.
    chip foose = a show about... cars.
    whats so wrong with that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I forced myself to sit through it. Will reminds me of a few Owners (mis-managers) I have suffered under during my time in a service truck. I never worked for these folks long as life it too short to work for idiots. These folks are idiots. Will is an egomaniac, steph is a wanna-be hotty, (not) That Chris character is anything but a gun smith. I just wanted to see if Vince would stick it out under the Abuse. What a sad group.
    Would any of you buy a gun from these fools.........

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I too, have signed off. Lots of shows start out to be great and then I see how scripted they are. Some other examples would be Storage Wars, Repo Wars, Pawn Stars, etc...

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    -Survivor is stupid because it doesn't have anything to do with surviving.
    -American Idol is setup
    -American Chopper is drama
    -The Bachelor/ Bachelorette is immoral
    -Extreme makeover is pointless giving mansions to borderline poverty individuals.
    -Deal or no deal is a waste of time

We all have opinions.

Everyone needs to relax...its "reality" tv. It is there for entertainment purposes. If you don't want to watch it fine...I however enjoy seeing somewhat of the process of design/manufacturing firearms and watching them blow stuff up.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We watch the news, and my wife likes relaxing with wheel of fortune. Sometimes her I like the Modern Marvels programs on the history channel. Other than that, I have no idea why I keep paying for cable television.

tater86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    I will still watch the show only because if i have to watch American idol ill hang myself! It's definitely turning into a soap opera but at the same time it still gives you a chance to see guns you only see in books.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Did anyone else notice that the hydraulic buffer they sent from nawlins to vegas arrived in a different package than it was shipped in? And I noticed this while switching back and forth between SOG and the outdoor channel!

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Did anyone else notice that the hydraulic buffer they sent from nawlins to vegas arrived in a different package than it was shipped in? And I noticed this while switching back and forth between SOG and the outdoor channel!

And took a lot less time than the rifle? Weren't they both overnight but the buffer arrived that day. I was on INGO and playing a FPS game at the same time.

Top Bottom