• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Whats best to avoid the grip sticking out or major printing? A good pocket holster? I'm still wondering about the eaa windicator as well

JBTate

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2009
    S.E. Indiana
    does anyone know about the eaa windicator? Is that too bulky?
    Yep.
    I bought one last year. It's a great cheap glove box revolver, but I think it's carved out of a single chunk of kryptonite or something.
    ZERO EFFORT was made to make it carry-able.
    For what it's worth though, I've shot it a fair amount since getting it and if anyone wants a pretty solid little cheap gun to load and basically forget about I'd have to call them ok for that purpose.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention I drop an LCP in my front right jeans pocket every time I walk out the door.
    It disappears.
    Just had to get a loop clip for my keys ans learn to keep the change in the left pocket.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Yep.
    I bought one last year. It's a great cheap glove box revolver, but I think it's carved out of a single chunk of kryptonite or something.
    ZERO EFFORT was made to make it carry-able.
    For what it's worth though, I've shot it a fair amount since getting it and if anyone wants a pretty solid little cheap gun to load and basically forget about I'd have to call them ok for that purpose.

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention I drop an LCP in my front right jeans pocket every time I walk out the door.
    It disappears.

Just had to get a loop clip for my keys ans learn to keep the change in the left pocket.
    I've been thinking about a kel tec p32 for this very purpose. I know it's a .32 acp, however, due to the ammo shortage, I don't have many .380 but I have .32s running out of my ears. I also have .38s in this quaintly.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I carry an LCP in a front pocket within the new wallet holster that DeSantis is making. Can't remember the name of it but the whole gun is inside the holster and can be fired while holstered. It winds up looking like a wallet of course. :) Sometimes I carry my SP101 .327 Fed Mag in a DeSantis pocket holster, front pocket. I wear Bib Overalls all the time so they have large front pockets making it easy to carry this way.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I like my little J frame for a simple little gun that can go just about anywhere. 5 shot, +P .38

Here is a few ways I carry it and a shot of it in my hand for size comparison (by the way, my hand is the size of a catchers mitt. LOL)
    IMG_4596.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

for general throwing it in a pocket or a console of a car
    642cover.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Inside the waistband
    642ST.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Quick clip on the belt OWB
    642SP.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

anco989

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    I like the Ruger LCP, I use a Desantis Nemesis holster, even though I dislike the gun alot just because of things like the double action trigger pull and that the finish on the gun is poor quality I couldn't get rid of it for anything right now because the concealabilty of this gun is awesome, I can wear it even in pajama pants.

Hoosierman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    I've been thinking about a kel tec p32 for this very purpose. I know it's a .32 acp, however, due to the ammo shortage, I don't have many .380 but I have .32s running out of my ears. I also have .38s in this quaintly.
    I have a pierce pinky extension and a hogue handall JR on mine, makes it much more holdable without adding a lot to the size. I highly recommend it.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    So far I've been very happy with my Bodyguard .380. Granted, part of that is because I got it so inexpensively, but it has served it's purpose very well. If I had been a little more "flush" at the time I may have gotten the SIG P238 instead, and a buddy just picked up the SIG 938 which is probably even more ideal - but I really can't complain about the Bodyguard, so I doubt I'll replace it anytime soon.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've carried a PT745 in my front pocket all day, everyday, for years. I've been through 2 blackhawk pocket holsters, but never had a problem. I buy cargo type pants and shorts, the 745 disappears nicely in camo pants and shorts, but I have numerous tan, gray, and black cargos that conceal it just fine, too. I don't have to change my method of carry when the weather changes, and with some practice, drawing can be quick and easy. Plus, I'm carrying 13 rounds of .45 ACP, with the extra mag I carry.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have a pierce pinky extension and a hogue handall JR on mine, makes it much more holdable without adding a lot to the size. I highly recommend it.
    Does this feel adequate for you? Not a caliber debate question, a simple does this gun suit your needs? I'm leaning strongly on towards this gun.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    I wear Wrangler relaxed fit jeans. Usual carry is a Glock26 in a Desantis Nemesis holster in the front pocket. Extra mag will go in the other front pocket if I feel I may need it, which is almost never.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After trying for a couple of years to find something I was comfortable with as a pocket gun...I gave up. I do have a subcompact that I carry sometimes but it's too big for a pocket. I just don't like the trade-offs you have to make and I don't like it when I try to rationalize a poor decision. Its Indiana and I am not required to conceal. I usually have a shirt over the gun but not always. I find that most people don't even notice open carry and with a shirt over it they are totally oblivious. My number one priority is that if I ever have to pull it I want it to be a gun I feel completely comfortable with. For me, none of those will fit in my pocket. YMMV.

dell1554

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Plainfield
    I carry Ruger LCP 380 in summer. No issues when wearing shorts, light pants, jeans, etc. Heavier clothes I prefer .40, but as noted, in warmer weather compromise may be needed.

Top Bottom