• ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    OMG don't get me started.

Gas is up 100%, everything else at least 30 or 40%... many things you can't get at all... at any price.

As a VFW commander I've been fighting the battle of getting fish fry supplies for close to a year now. No Pollock this time, no Perch next, wrong Cat another. Same with other bar supplies. No little 4 oz cups for slaw, no 16 oz cups for bar drinks No beer & liquor for 3 or four weeks in a row because there are no drivers, no Pepsi products for the bar tap system. Gaming company not printing new games for the machines, and the ones they are... they're going from the 5 tab (pull tab) to a 3 tab format because of a cardboard shortage. Of course... the 3 tab ones don't feed for crap in the machines designed for 5 tab cards.

Wife and I were in Lafayette today looking for recliners. Walk in, and the store is completely full. Looks as if the whole world is at you feet for the taking. Sorry, don't have that one. Nope, that one either. We can order this one, but only in grey... be here in approx 6 months. NOTHING in stock.

I told the lady "We're on the road to "The Walking Dead". Pretty soon well be scrounging for a can of cream corn." I honestly do not know how the hell they are even staying open for business... unless the sheep are putting down their money, and waiting the six months hoping for the best.

Is this the "Build back better" plan?
    I'm not getting it, but the whole damn world seems to be accepting it just fine as the "new normal".

Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    OMG don't get me started.

Gas is up 100%, everything else at least 30 or 40%... many things you can't get at all... at any price.

As a VFW commander I've been fighting the battle of getting fish fry supplies for close to a year now. No Pollock this time, no Perch next, wrong Cat another. Same with other bar supplies. No little 4 oz cups for slaw, no 16 oz cups for bar drinks No beer & liquor for 3 or four weeks in a row because there are no drivers, no Pepsi products for the bar tap system. Gaming company not printing new games for the machines, and the ones they are... they're going from the 5 tab (pull tab) to a 3 tab format because of a cardboard shortage. Of course... the 3 tab ones don't feed for crap in the machines designed for 5 tab cards.

Wife and I were in Lafayette today looking for recliners. Walk in, and the store is completely full. Looks as if the whole world is at you feet for the taking. Sorry, don't have that one. Nope, that one either. We can order this one, but only in grey... be here in approx 6 months. NOTHING in stock.

I told the lady "We're on the road to "The Walking Dead". Pretty soon well be scrounging for a can of cream corn." I honestly do not know how the hell they are even staying open for business... unless the sheep are putting down their money, and waiting the six months hoping for the best.

Is this the "Build back better" plan?
    I'm not getting it, but the whole damn world seems to be accepting it just fine as the "new normal".
    There are supposedly many who voted for this,some here.
    Kind of goes with [Most votes ever]
    Crazy times we are going thru,many will lose everything,crime will be up,and the market is going to crash hard!

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Well I hope it’s just a software issue for the 150 limit but on the other hand I am seeing more limits on the amount of single items. (Limit 4 etc.) I’m of the mindset that if you don’t have 3 months of food in the house then there is a problem. Of course I’m in the country so a grocery is not 3 minutes away. The 7 ‘P’s” are the way to go IMHO…

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Well I hope it’s just a software issue for the 150 limit but on the other hand I am seeing more limits on the amount of single items. (Limit 4 etc.) I’m of the mindset that if you don’t have 3 months of food in the house then there is a problem. Of course I’m in the country so a grocery is not 3 minutes away. The 7 ‘P’s” are the way to go IMHO…

Thank you for that reference "7 P's" Here I'd been using it forever and I didn't know it's source. Also don't recall where I first learned it, but ya know, I'm old...

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ever considered that they might be doing this to get people through checkout faster?

I've seen quite a few people roll up with 3 carts FULL of small canned goods and other things. Then they slowly place item by item, taking an hour to finally get done.

Get your stuff, check out, load your car and come back if you need more.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Ever considered that they might be doing this to get people through checkout faster?

I've seen quite a few people roll up with 3 carts FULL of small canned goods and other things. Then they slowly place item by item, taking an hour to finally get done.

Choose another line.:dunno:

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Thank you for that reference "7 P's" Here I'd been using it forever and I didn't know it's source. Also don't recall where I first learned it, but ya know, I'm old...
    An old Chief Master Sargent quoted that to me back 44 years ago. Now I’m older than he was.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I honestly do not know how the hell they are even staying open for business... unless the sheep are putting down their money, and waiting the six months hoping for the best.

I built a new house last year and need lots of large items. There were many, many things that I paid for and waited months to deliver. If that's the only way to get the item you want at a good price, then that is what you do. A little annoying, but oh well.

And regard to the 150 item limit. Just pay for your first 150 and then start a new transaction. No big deal at all. I play that game all the time when a sale is "limit X# items". If I want 3X, I just pay for them 3 times separately in the same register one right after another.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Different store. . . Meijer.

Took the wife to Meijer yesterday and she said certain products had limits on them, sounded like no more than two of certain items. Shelves not full.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

So to get them through the line faster, they are going to cap the amount of purchases, unknown to the customer. Then when they hit the cap, they sit there like a new calf at an old gate waiting for the employee to come over that also has no idea what is going on.
    Then they finish their transaction, only to scan what is left on their order and check out again...

Sounds like a plan developed in D. C.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump is to blame!
    I guess 150 items is quite a few for any 1 shopping trip. But what is the point of limits generically? I can understand an item/product that is in high demand and low supply, but to just limit purchases generically with an arbitrary number??
    Since they only ever seem to have two checkout lines open, maybe it is hurting productivity to have half the cashiers tied up that long

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Took the wife to Meijer yesterday and she said certain products had limits on them, sounded like no more than two of certain items. Shelves not full.
    Well, we had that for buttwipe and paper towels and just about anything disinfectant for a while. Probably having a hard time matching supply with demand and wanting some on shelves longer to please a greater number of people

Unfortunately, even limiting the amount of primers purchasable hasn't helped much there :sad:

ed1838

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 20, 2022
    Seymour
    Did I forgot to get potatoes this morning when I went to store or was it that I just did not see any? I went back this afternoon to get s few other things and they did not have any potatoes.

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    As a younger guy I worked for Walmart for seven years, spent five in salaried management. The 150 item limit has been in place for many years. Only ever saw it a few times. Not a conspiracy theory, probably my some kind of data that says if you reach that you are statistically more likely to have forgotten to tender out an order and are ringing up the next customers groceries or something. If someone really wants to know shoot them an email.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky

Yeah, not sure what it is with Meijer, but my daughter does all of her grocery shopping there, and for the last couple of years has been telling us they were out of common stuff, one week it was applesauce, then toilet paper, then canned green beans, and so on. We shop Kroger every week, and they were never out, or even running low on the stuff Meijer didn’t have.

Top Bottom