• patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Dumpster fire…
    Think Amazon fulfillment center fire. Lot's of people's orders up in smoke. Jobs and lives thrown into turmoil. Product that may have been in short supply, destroyed. That's an important dumpster you're making light of. Makes me want to discount your opinion. A lot.

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NE of Indy
    Think Amazon fulfillment center fire. Lot's of people's orders up in smoke. Jobs and lives thrown into turmoil. Product that may have been in short supply, destroyed. That's an important dumpster you're making light of. Makes me want to discount your opinion. A lot.
    I don’t like Walmart. I didn’t mean to make light of everything you mentioned above. For that I apologize.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    It is a limit in their software, and has been this way for several years that I know of, probably longer. There is an override but the self check employees are not the top tier.

Self-checkout had made it more prevalent as each item is a separate receipt line rather than a cashier putting 10 cans of item at .75 cents combining it in two lines on the receipt.

Eventually they will use the same software as Sams Club, but that undertaking is a very long and expensive process.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Who buys 150 things from walmart anyways?
    I hate trips to stores like WM so when we go to Meijer, I have never counted, but it seems easy to get to 150 items and beyond. But we only go about 6-8 times a year.

The folks I do not get are those that are at a mega store and have a few grocery items. I know some who buy each nights dinner most evenings after work

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I hate trips to stores like WM so when we go to Meijer, I have never counted, but it seems easy to get to 150 items and beyond. But we only go about 6-8 times a year.

The folks I do not get are those that are at a mega store and have a few grocery items. I know some who buy each nights dinner most evenings after work
    People would be amazed at the households that can’t put 3 consecutive nights dinner on the table from what is in the house. Living out of a drive through or like you said buying daily on the way home. I know a couple of families that do this very thing.
    If we don’t have enough in the pantry and refrigerators to go 30 days I feel uneasy.

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    I shop at Walmart when I need to replenish my canned goods as I rotate my stock .And I am good with their frozen vegetables as well. Happy with the price and quality. Can't say I've ever pushed the 150 item limit, but I've come close. Agree with CM. If I get down to 60 days or less of stocked goods, I start to get twitchy. Particularly these days. And now by shopping there, I save enough money to buy a quart or 2 of gas. Used to be a few gallons of gas as I recall. :) :dunno:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I don’t like Walmart. I didn’t mean to make light of everything you mentioned above. For that I apologize.
    Thanx. I drive for them and they have been good to me. I meet people who have worked for them for 30 yrs or more almost every day as store associates. They do a lot of good through charitable donations from the company, as well as the employees every year that most people never see or hear about. Children's Miracle Network is a big beneficiary. Being a giant, one size fits all kinda box store makes for a big target (no pun intended) but don't just hate on them without knowing them. Lotta good, caring people work there. Not perfect, I know. But neither are we.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, OP. Do you have anything to back that claim up? I did a quick google and didnt find anything that wasnt >18 months ago in the middle of the plandemic.

EDIT: And we might want to slow our roll on the whole "store shelves gonna be empty due to the fire" story. I'm pretty sure that's an online (walmart.com) ecommerce distribution center, not a store distribution point.

Just dont try doing walmart.com online ordering or ship to store for a little while.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    For some reason this reminds me of that TV show extreme couponing .

I watched it once and when they got home with 40 bottles of ranch dressing along with all the other :poop: & they already had 100 bottles of ranch in there garage.
    As to where they couldn’t park their cars because they had a 7-11 in the garage from all the :poop: they had already got couponing.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    So, OP. Do you have anything to back that claim up? I did a quick google and didnt find anything that wasnt >18 months ago in the middle of the plandemic.

EDIT: And we might want to slow our roll on the whole "store shelves gonna be empty due to the fire" story. I'm pretty sure that's an online (walmart.com) ecommerce distribution center, not a store distribution point.

Just dont try doing walmart.com online ordering or ship to store for a little while.
    One of the news reports I watched that involved the Fire Chief, they said it was mostly "home goods" in that building. So unless everyone has a sudden urge to replace all of their home furnishings, I wouldn't worry about empty shelves from the fire.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The "official" Walmart news says there is no corporate mandated limit, but different stores can adjust an item limit. It did say that many stores limit the self check to keep those lines flowing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The "official" Walmart news says there is no corporate mandated limit, but different stores can adjust an item limit. It did say that many stores limit the self check to keep those lines flowing.
    Which coincidentally they are moving to ALL self serve registers.

Reactions: Leo
    Top Bottom