• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    You only take Mobic? Wow! I take 6 meds but some are for my PTSD. I take no opiates. I left the hospital after only 1 overnight in the hospital in Dec '21 when GCB&S did a revision on C3 - C5 and added up to T1. No opiates after surgery just my normal meds but cyclobenzaprine was added to my schedule. I think I'm doing well for me. I still ride wheelies on my KTM. I still bounce my grandkids on my leg. I still like shooting except the punishing calibers never leave my safe. I am at a crossroads being 58 deciding whether I should accept disability or just retire? I've been a millwright for 32 years. I take a hit if I retire meow. Maybe I can sell real estate?
    Two days ago put the back brace on and pushed and mowed the whole yard. After this, I cleared the garden from last year and burnt the brush. Set the ditch and field on fire and had to call the fire dept. :bash:. Then I installed 8 new metal landscaping lights out front. Even dug and buried the wire. I paid for it. Yesterday I could hardly walk. Today, I doing pretty well. Secret is .... DO NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT !!! BTW, Shania is a VERY good pick ;)

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    Two days ago put the back brace on and pushed and mowed the whole yard. After this, I cleared the garden from last year and burnt the brush. Set the ditch and field on fire and had to call the fire dept. :bash:. Then I installed 8 new metal landscaping lights out front. Even dug and buried the wire. I paid for it. Yesterday I could hardly walk. Today, I doing pretty well. Secret is .... DO NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT !!! BTW, Shania is a VERY good pick ;)
    I get a lot of grief about Shania?? That’s my standard reply when someone asks me “How are you today?” Just have to remember when the wife is along!!!!

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well a guy pulled out in front of me while I was riding home from work on my motorcycle. I died on the street but they revived me.

Then there was the time when I crashed my plane while landing due to a heavy gust of wind. The plane was destroyed but somehow I survived but just barely.

Then I was diagnosed with stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and given only a few weeks to live but God stepped in and completely healed me, that was almost 2 years ago.

You might say that I live every day as though it were my last.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well a guy pulled out in front of me while I was riding home from work on my motorcycle. I died on the street but they revived me.

Then there was the time when I crashed my plane while landing due to a heavy gust of wind. The plane was destroyed but somehow I survived but just barely.

Then I was diagnosed with stage 4 Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and given only a few weeks to live but God stepped in and completely healed me, that was almost 2 years ago.

You might say that I live every day as though it were my last.
    Been right there with you except for the plane crash.
    Crashed my bikes more times than I can remember one with a 20+ day stint in the old Methodist hospital. I still feel that one from time to time.

They gave me 3 years in 02 with the same cancer but here I sit. Thing is now it is stage 4 Colon and I am sure I will not get another mulligan.

Every day is a blessing regardless of how you spend it.

This is how I spent the afternoon
    BE2BA66B-DB22-4921-BF37-DA0193625B26.jpeg

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Crashed my bikes more times than I can remember one with a 20+ day stint in the old Methodist hospital. I still feel that one from time to time.

They gave me 3 years in 02 with the same cancer but here I sit. Thing is now it is stage 4 Colon and I am sure I will not get another mulligan.

View attachment 197416
    That's a fine looking young man! The old guy is just okay... :p

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

View attachment 197419
    You came through it all looking Great!!

Oh wait - you're the old one...

(You still came through it all looking great!)

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    CM, my dad had bad, bad colon cancer 20 some years ago. They had him on the table for over 10 hours, they regowned 3 times. He came home with a stent and what looked like a VCR tape that ran 10 seconds every minute. He also had chemo and radiation. The nurses at the chemo place told him he must have had it bad, they hadn't seen anyone get the 3 things and dosages he was getting. His chemo doctor told him he was going to cure him or kill him. Keep the faith and will be praying for you!

Last edited:

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    I take Enbrel for my arthritis, one injection/week. It runs $1500 per shot. The manufacturer pays what the insurance doesn't. Because of a change to Medicare I am not eligible for their co-pay assistance any longer.

They have a Safety Net program which gives it to you at no charge. I called them, filled out their paperwork from the website, took it to my Dr appointment at 8 AM the other day so that they could do their part. By 3:20 that afternoon Enbrel called me with approval and shipped the meds that day!!

So, 7 hrs and 20 minutes after filing the papers it was shipped. Just doesn't get any better.

All this even though the wife and I have a decent retirement income, just not enough to support $5,000 per month meds.

Don

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My arthritis is getting worse in my hands. I endured many surgeries on my spine, shoulder, stomach, and I've got carpal tunnel. How long is the Lord going to let me fall apart until I see His Son? No man will know the hour of when he is recalled to see if you shall be redeemed into heaven or burn forever in the lake of fire. So what say INGO, when will you expire??
    This question recently became top of mind as I had someone very close pass away in the last week.The closest that I've had to deal with yet. I saw that person give up on living before it seemed like time (from an overall physical health standpoint) due to I'm sure were not properly dealt with mental health concerns and that then took them down on the physical side rapidly, and became a self fulfilling event.

I'm still not sure of the answer to the original question in the OP, but I will say that I don't think I have any desire to be the last person standing in my circle by any means (that has to be incredibly lonely), but I'm also not currently ready yet to tap out on life either. I think those 2 positions will be a balancing act every day now going forward for me.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    No offense intended to the OP, but my answer would be: it doesn't matter.

“This body is not me; I am not caught in this body, I am life without boundaries, I have never been born and I have never died. Over there the wide ocean and the sky with many galaxies All manifests from the basis of consciousness. Since beginningless time I have always been free. Birth and death are only a door through which we go in and out. Birth and death are only a game of hide-and-seek. So smile to me and take my hand and wave good-bye. Tomorrow we shall meet again or even before. We shall always be meeting again at the true source, Always meeting again on the myriad paths of life.”

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I try not to dwell on death much. When my time is up, it is.

In recent years, I have made noticeable adjustments in diet and exercise to fight to stay fit and mobile. The further I go, the better I feel. When I get lazy about it, I feel that too. :n00b:

I'm in better shape that I was five years ago. A lot better shape. I intend to keep going. There is a ton of information online and it gets added to daily. I try to stay abreast and keep adding to my routine.

Yep, I retired in June of 2021. Since then I have been working out at home at least 3 days per week. With bike riding thrown in there too. I even ride in the winter if the roads are safe. I use resistance bands and some free weights. Along with some core exercises. I'm 66 and in some of the best shape I have ever been in. Keep on keepin on bwframe!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No offense intended to the OP, but my answer would be: it doesn't matter.

“This body is not me; I am not caught in this body, I am life without boundaries, I have never been born and I have never died. Over there the wide ocean and the sky with many galaxies All manifests from the basis of consciousness. Since beginningless time I have always been free. Birth and death are only a door through which we go in and out. Birth and death are only a game of hide-and-seek. So smile to me and take my hand and wave good-bye. Tomorrow we shall meet again or even before. We shall always be meeting again at the true source, Always meeting again on the myriad paths of life.”

~ Thich Nhat Hanh
    I've been a big TNH fan since I read "Going Home: Jesus and Buddha as Brothers"!

I had the opportunity to meet a guy (Tenzin somebody -the name escapes me at the moment but he was affiliated with the Bloomington Tibetan Cultural Center in Bloomington). He was friends with the brother of my old roomie and I *think* he was related to the Dalai Lama somehow. He came to our house and ate with us (we served meat).

We asked how he could eat meat and he said that he just had to apologize to the animal and thank it for its body. He said it was a lot easier to eat steak than it was to eat shrimp, since with steak he only had to apologize to one animal.

Last edited:

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My post was merely a hardy attempt at dark humor and/or the the mere rudimentary attempt to see what INGO thought of the matter.
    Cops, firefighters, medics, coroners and millwrights excel at dark humor or they would lose their freaking minds.

Top Bottom