So.. what are you reloading at the moment??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Can anyone recommend a powder for 10mm? I finally found some brass and I already have 180gr bullets.

I want to KNOW I’m shooting 10mm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alliant's Power Pistol and Blue Dot can get you knocking on 1300fps with their BE-86 just a touch slower.
    https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloa...?gtypeid=1&weight=180&shellid=30&bulletid=351
    https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloa...x?gtypeid=1&weight=180&shellid=30&bulletid=42

Hodgdon's data for 180gr......Set your sights on pistol reloading data | Hodgdon Reloading

Accurate's #7, and #9 look to be their best choices for heavy 180gr loads....(page 28)...https://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/WPHandloading-Guide-7.0-Web-REV.pdf

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Nothing right now :(

Used to belong to a club close by, buddies did too.
    Lots of fun, we put a lot of lead into those backstops.

But things change.

People moved away, the club morphed. Have what I need, don't try this and that anymore.
    Pretty much just hunt.
    And have found stuff that works, in factory form.

I suppose if I didn't have arthritis I'd load up .44 mag again.
    And if groundhogs were around, work on some .243 and .223 loads.

If I get a .256 Win I will have to reload. But dunno if I'm gonna get one yet.

Dont target shoot much anymore. Run PMC stuff on sale if I need to practice.
    Do save my brass........LOL

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Alliant's Power Pistol and Blue Dot can get you knocking on 1300fps with their BE-86 just a touch slower.
    https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloa...?gtypeid=1&weight=180&shellid=30&bulletid=351
    https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloa...x?gtypeid=1&weight=180&shellid=30&bulletid=42

Hodgdon's data for 180gr......Set your sights on pistol reloading data | Hodgdon Reloading

Accurate's #7, and #9 look to be their best choices for heavy 180gr loads....(page 28)...https://www.accuratepowder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/WPHandloading-Guide-7.0-Web-REV.pdf

Went through a bunch of #9 when a bud got out of .44 mag.
    I bought and burned up his leftover.
    Took all summer, it was a hoot.

Never reloaded it in anything other than .44 mag.
    If I get a new Python.............hmmmmm.

In .357 I won't go over 158 gr.
    Haven't even looked at what's what in it.

Was available when WW296 was tougher to get.
    Been years.
    Have no clue these days.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    After reloading rifles for many years, I just started to reload 9mm.
    I'm not sure the best way to do this, because I reload rifles to find the best, most accurate load.
    With 9mm, I'm thinking just pick a load and go with it, and then, maybe tweek it from there.
    I am reloading 9mm, mostly, for range fodder, but, also want to have an accurate load in case supply dwindles, self defense, SHTF, or if I ever need to be self sufficient.
    Any ideas and/or advice woukd be greatly appreciated.

cjcycles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Ft Wayne
    After reloading rifles for many years, I just started to reload 9mm.
    I'm not sure the best way to do this, because I reload rifles to find the best, most accurate load.
    With 9mm, I'm thinking just pick a load and go with it, and then, maybe tweek it from there.
    I am reloading 9mm, mostly, for range fodder, but, also want to have an accurate load in case supply dwindles, self defense, SHTF, or if I ever need to be self sufficient.
    Any ideas and/or advice woukd be greatly appreciated.

My go to load is 4.0 grns of WSF behind a The Blue Bullets 125grn.
    Standard deviations usually ~8.5 through an STI 2011 barrel. ~12.5 through a Glock 34 G5 barrel.

3.9 Grns of Alliant Sport Pistol is a nice load.

I spent some time with the owner and ballistician for Shooters World Powder this week at Shot Show. They seem like a really nice company based in SC. I’m going to pickup some Clean Shot and work up some loads.

Tite group is liked by many.

I’m on the Blue Bullets Shooting Team. You can save some money on bullets if you use my discount code “Charris”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Last week I had to send my 45ACP sizing and crimping dies back to Lee. I have loaded about 100 rounds with these dies and hadn't noticed before but my cases were getting scratched up. I went back to the first ones i loaded and they also were scratched. I pinpointed the issue to rough spots on the inside of those dies. I'm hoping to hear back from them anytime. Tonight I switched to 9mm. Did a few hundred Berry's 124 gr RN. I ran out of bullets so I stopped for the evening.

gcoop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been doing final trim and case gauge check on 200 once fired 223 Rem. cases. Then primer time next week sometime. Probably make some hollow point reloads this time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I need to get out and shoot my new 6.5 creedmoor so I can get some fire formed brass and start developing some loads for it

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Been sick with the crud/flu for the week. Someone came to the auction last Friday night that should have stayed home.
    I started feeling better yesterday so today with a southern breeze I set my equipment up to cast under my portable carport so everything stays dry. I filled the Lee 10/2/4 drip a lot production pot with lead and let it start melting. I want a mix of 8 lbs lead and 1 lb wheel weights.. I start a fire in the fire pit, add a steel bar and a grate for the cast iron pot. I add 8/1 to it. Everytime I add to the production pot I add new to the cast iron pot, warm sticks melt faster.
    Today I restock my .358/110 gr RN from a 2 cavity Lyman mold. Bullets get dumped onto a damp paper towel on a cookie sheet. When I think I can almost fill a 28 oz peanut butter jar, I add some bullet, a little alox, more bullets, repeat until the jar is 7/8's full. Put the lid on and twist the jar every which way for 5 minutes. Check coating then spread them out on a cookie sheet covered with a plastic shopping bag to cure. I started getting weak so I started watching to finish the 11th jar. When it was filled I stopped. The production pot was dumped, scraped clean and oiled, ready for next time. The cast iron pot and mold were wiped with oil and stored away. Steel bar and grate removed from the pit, fresh oak and hickory added. Trays of bullets stacked in the garage to cure for 2 weeks or more before sizing. Time for a shower then back out to roast hotdogs over the fire for dinner. Time for my drugs then to bed. They came from a drug store, not a med store.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I got my 45ACP dies back from Lee. Today we had an E-learning day so I was at home, in my pajamas, checking emails every so often, and loading 500 rounds of 230 gr. Berrys.

BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Kind of like above poster, using up the last of my Bullseye and about five hundred, less about twenty something I had used for testing, on the last of my not yet loaded .45 ACP.
    These were plated, 230 gr.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I sized about 800 cases of 5.56, then trimmed about half of them. My wife is sick so I should have plenty of time to hide in my office this weekend getting those finished and loaded!

Top Bottom